Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:37   #2791
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
My Baleno Delta CVT returned from its first service 2 days back and I am facing a strange issue. The average fuel consumption display seems to be stuck on the same figure while the instantaneous consumption display is working fine. Earlier, the average kmpl used to vary at least once in a day based on my driving pattern and hovered around 11.7 to 12.6 kmpl avg in the city. Post service, the figure has been stuck on 12.0 kmpl for the past 2 days even though I have driven the car extensively in bumper to bumper traffic as well as open roads. Strangely enough, even the distance to empty figure is updating properly, which I believe, changes in sync with the average consumption display. Is there some kind of refresh option for the average fuel consumption display? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Not sure about Delta, but in the Alpha, you can manually reset the fuel consumption figures. In fact, it's configurable to be reset upon Trip A reset, Full tank fuel or Manual. I presume the same should be there in Delta as well. I remember facing this after service as well, probably because the battery was disconnected for a while.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 15:33   #2792
BHPian

Few Interesting updates on my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT

a) OEM Baleno RS side skirts

Those of you who are looking forward to get this on your vehicle, please keep in mind that the entire running board needs to be replaced. The running board is completely different in Baleno RS from non-RS variants.

Also, the running board needs to be painted. One big advantage with RS side skirts is that they come with fresh factory coat paint (in Gun Metal).

So for now, I'm sticking to Gun metal shade for the skirts. The OEM RS front grill is also in Gun metal shade. So, if at all I get bored, I shall paint them to Gloss Black.

Total cost (Parts+Painting+Labour) - 18K/-

b) OEM Styrofoam for Spare wheel

The styrofoam does not sit plush in the spare wheel. It sits a little upright, so the boot bat does not sit firm. I need to cut the base of the foam slightly to accommodate it.

Also, please keep in mind that the bolt that holds the spare wheel needs to be replaced. I got the ones that come with Scross/Celerio.

Total cost (Styrofoam+Bolt) - 800/-
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-front.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-rear.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-styrofoam.jpg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 23rd May 2018 at 15:41. Reason: Adding details
Prodigy07 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:18   #2793
BHPian

Have completed the 3rd Free service last Saturday. It's been one year and 2 days since i bought this car and here is my one year ownership experience briefly:

Model & Color : 1.2 Zeta (Ray blue)

Year & month : May 2017

Odometer : 8555

Accessories fitted :
1. Biege color leatherette seat covers
2. Complete floor carpeting &
3. Door visors

Accessories planned for future :
1. Dashcam
2. 3M Acoustics Solution Treatment
3. LED DRLs
4. Speaker upgrade with 4 channel amp
5. Paint sealant coating by 3M (Not sure if it will be effective after a year's
purchase)
6. Tyre pressure monitoring system

Goods :
1. Super refined silent engine.
2. SPACE - ACRES of it inside
3. Fuel efficient motor (City min : 15kmpl, max :18 with 100% AC) (Highway min: 21 kmpl, max:30 with 100% AC)
4. Loaded with features which are utilitarian such as : UV cut glass, Auto
dimming IRVM, puddle lamps, boot lamp.
5. ABS with EBD, Rear wash/wipe and defogger which are very helpful when
you need them.
6. Super fast cooling A/C. The UV cut glasses do contribute for this as well. I
guess that's why there isn't a rear AC vent.

Bads :
1. Build quality.
2. Brakes could be much better. My brakes have improved after I complained
in the 3rd service.
3. Ride quality still needs improvement. Bad roads, potholes, speed breakers
can be handled only by reducing the speed significantly unlike other cars
in it's segment.
4. Unstable at high speeds (110 is the max you can go, not that I
recommend driving at insane speeds)
5. Little more power could have been exciting. But this is purely what I feel.
Others might find the power adequate.

First service (one month 796 KM):
Routine check up and top ups done.
Total Cost : Zero

Second service (6 months - 4114 KM):
Routine check up and top ups done. Got the Ac filter installed
Total cost : Rs.317.90/-

Third service (one year - 8555 KM):
Regular service with Oil change. Asked for Fully synthetic 0w-20 but got the castrol mineral oil filled up. The advisors are very confused between synthetic and mineral grades.
Got the wheel balancing, alignment and rotation done during the service.
Total cost : Rs.2915.14/-

Suggestions to Maruti for the next upgrade:
1. Get the power window buttons illuminated. You can delete the auto headlamp feature for this.
2. Please add the feature of auto locking the car after 15 or 20 seconds after ignition off. Other car makers have this feature.
3. Cooling glove box would be an excellent feature
4. Rear arm rest (when the dzire has it, why can't the premium Baleno)
5. Tyre pressure monitoring system in the Zeta and Alpha variants as the instrument cluster can host the display as an addition.
6. Reduce the air filter replacement interval from 40K KM to 20 K Km given the dusty roads we have.

Closing comments :
I for some reason feel this car should have had a bigger cc engine as it feels under-powered several times. Maybe it's the enthusiast in me saying this. I am already itching for a powerful upgrade but I promised my wife I won't think about another car for ten years (God save me).
This is a perfect family car and does very good job in keeping the 5 people onboard comfortable without any elbow fights or a/c fights.
The car's sweet spot is after 2k rpm and speeds between 90 to 100, this is where you and the car both will enjoy. She sulks at the site of bad roads, smooth tarmac, twisty roads she will relish. I was very eagerly waiting to switch over to fully synthetic but the service guys ruined it. Will see if i can get it changed after some time.
Overall, a very beautiful car with the features that we practically need. Wish, it was built well and came with little more power.
Will keep updating my experiences. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 23rd May 2018 at 16:22.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:39   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Closing comments :
I for some reason feel this car should have had a bigger cc engine as it feels under-powered several times. Maybe it's the enthusiast in me saying this. I am already itching for a powerful upgrade but I promised my wife I won't think about another car for ten years (God save me).
I have the exact same thoughts and I'm in the exact same situation too. Especially on 2 lane roads with full load of 5 passengers and luggage is where it feels underpowered. I sent a screenshot of your post on my family group as well to make them understand I'm not alone.

The fact that I've come to the petrol Baleno after a 1.5L, 110 hp, 250Nm turbocharged diesel, doesn't help either.
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 17:45   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
The average fuel consumption display seems to be stuck on the same figure while the instantaneous consumption display is working fine. Earlier, the average kmpl used to vary at least once in a day based on my driving pattern and hovered around 11.7 to 12.6 kmpl avg in the city. Post service, the figure has been stuck on 12.0 kmpl for the past 2 days even though I have driven the car extensively in bumper to bumper traffic as well as open roads. Strangely enough, even the distance to empty figure is updating properly, which I believe, changes in sync with the average consumption display. Is there some kind of refresh option for the average fuel consumption display? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Did face this issue. Had a fuel adulteration in my 6 months old Baleno Zeta CVT. To fix the issue, it required to empty the tank and believe there was electronic components disconnected as well as part of this. The next couple of months, the Average fuel consumption was stuck at at around 14 while the DTE was varying according to the fuel availability.
Highlighted this during the 10K service and now it seem to be fixed. Noticed the consumption going to 10 till 20 during the long drive I had after the service.
But still somehow the DTE figures does not earn my trust in this car.

Off the topic, anybody else here faces a whistling brake noise, especially when the car is in slow speeds. THe sound is getting more and more evident even though after the service and had asked the MASS to look at it.

Last edited by hamster : 23rd May 2018 at 17:47. Reason: Added a new question specific to my ride.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 13:35   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I have the exact same thoughts and I'm in the exact same situation too. Especially on 2 lane roads with full load of 5 passengers and luggage is where it feels underpowered. I sent a screenshot of your post on my family group as well to make them understand I'm not alone.

The fact that I've come to the petrol Baleno after a 1.5L, 110 hp, 250Nm turbocharged diesel, doesn't help either.
Let me know what your upgrade would be (if ever you chose any). I will then share that screenshot with my family
Old 26th May 2018, 13:22   #2797
BHPian

Guys, any idea if they sell engine guard as part of their accessory?
Old 26th May 2018, 21:58   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Guys, any idea if they sell engine guard as part of their accessory?

Engine guard is not available for Baleno. If you plan to fit an aftermarket or custom made one, make sure the plate has plenty of holes for the air to pass through so that it will keep the engine or engine bay remain cool.
Old 26th May 2018, 23:15   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am planning to order boot chrome garnish that comes in zeta variant for my Baleno sigma variant.

But I am not sure about the installation part. Can you please let me know how this part is being installed? Is it supplied with 3M adhesive tape? Is it DIY or require professional installation.
Saw this on FB, and it instantly reminded me of you. May be this helps:

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-capture.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-33527164_2147344098625857_7066395832525783040_n.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-33610161_2147343968625870_6834013405750231040_n.jpg

Pic Courtesy: Pradeep Acharya @ Facebook Baleno Owner's Group

Last edited by Leoshashi : 26th May 2018 at 23:16.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 18:57   #2800
BHPian

I just got the "Tin-can" parts catalogue from a MGP store near to home in Sarjapur road, Bangalore.

This is my second parts catalogue for the car. The earlier one was printed circa 2015 and that does not contain information for the RS. BTW The new one has. This will be useful if you want to have RS car parts to your car such rear disks from the RS to normal variants. Also you don't need to bug Leoshashi everytime for the part number

Price Rs: 245. I have ordered the book and had to wait for close to a month to get this. Currently waiting for the service manual for the same car.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0665.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0667.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0669.jpg
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 22:42   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Saw this on FB, and it instantly reminded me of you. May be this helps:

Attachment 1764274

Attachment 1764275

Attachment 1764276

Pic Courtesy: Pradeep Acharya @ Facebook Baleno Owner's Group
Thanks Leoshashi, the part is easily available in boodmo website. My only concern is how and from where to get it installed. I read on that fb group that this requires drilling? Not sure if this is a good option to get it installed from outside and if Maruti service center will do it for me if I take the car to them along with the part.
Old 30th May 2018, 12:23   #2802
BHPian

Alpha projector installation for lower variants

For a while now, I have been following the Facebook page for Baleno Owners Group India. Apparently, there is an accessory shop in Delhi which provides the Alpha variant projector headlights for lower variants (refurbished ones though. Wonder how they are available). They claim that the installation of the installation is a simple plug and play activity and can be done at any local service center. They would just remove the existing headlight assembly from the socket and install the projectors. My question for the knowledgeable ones here.
1. Maruti has been claiming since the launch of the car that its not possible to install the Alpha projectors on the lower variants because of a lot of issues like ECU mapping etc. Do you guys think that it would be so simple as claimed?
2. Would there be any issues with respect to warranty?

Also, is it possible for someone from Delhi to find out and get any further details by directly meeting the guy in person?

Below is a screenshot I captured from the facebook page.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno_projectorinstallation.jpg

Pic courtesy: Gowri Shankar Arumugam's FB page.
Old 30th May 2018, 22:04   #2803
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Second service (6 months - 4114 KM):
Routine check up and top ups done. Got the Ac filter installed
Total cost : Rs.317.90/-
I thought the AC cabin filter is installed from the factory. Did you mean you got it replaced during the second service?

Last edited by VEA : 30th May 2018 at 22:06. Reason: omissions
Old 31st May 2018, 03:31   #2804

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I thought the AC cabin filter is installed from the factory. Did you mean you got it replaced during the second service?
I have the same question. Our Baleno is due for second service next month.
Old 31st May 2018, 08:14   #2805
BHPian

Baleno does comes with cabin air / ac filter. Mine is Alpha variant. I believe it comes with the filter in lower variants as well. I don't think that is a huge money for Maruti to skip it on lower variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks