Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:25   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I find the car does not have much power in the highway especially during overtakes. Maruti need to replace this with higher power engine and move this engine to lower segments such as WagonR.
The 1.2 K series is a great engine for a petrol and it's way better than Hyundai or Honda's 1.2. Also, we can't blame Maruti for powering the Baleno with it. It's the government's daft policies on engine displacement that's forcing manufacturers to stick to 1.2 litre petrols. Every other manufacturer does the same in this segment for the tax benefit. The end result is consumers being forced to buy underpowered petrol hatchbacks with lacklustre performance.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:43   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
NEXA Blue Shade launched in Baleno:

Attachment 1753328

Pic Credits: Baleno Owners Group, Facebook
Sir, wasn't this shade available In Baleno already?
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:25   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Sir, wasn't this shade available In Baleno already?
No sir please.

Nope, this shade wasn't available earlier. A similar looking ray blue was available. But this NEXA blue replaces the Older Urban blue. Ray blue remains. Hope it helps.

Regards
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 3rd May 2018 at 14:29.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 08:10   #2749
BHPian

Got my Baleno delta delivered yesterday within three days of booking. Review coming up soon.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 10:46   #2750
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
How does the CVT Baleno perform on highways? this is something that i can never test in Mumbai, hence asking your view. Can it cruise in a relaxed manner at 120/130 on the expressways?
I havent driven it much on highways either, but my short trips make me feel that the car reaches 100kmph easily, but struggles to gain pace thereafter. once you reach 120 it can cruise in a very relaxed manner, but reaching there is a bit of struggle, especially if you are on the right most lane overtaking something and there is car closing behind you to overtake you. It is embarrasing that you cannot finish the overtaking manouvre quickly enough and move left. The steering is a bit delayed in action and needs not so subtle corrections to stay in your lane at those speeds which is weird. If you are used to one handed cruising, this is going to bother you.
Old 4th May 2018, 15:35   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
How does the CVT Baleno perform on highways? this is something that i can never test in Mumbai, hence asking your view. Can it cruise in a relaxed manner at 120/130 on the expressways?
Did a couple of highway trips - family and TBHP drives in the last 14 months. It has ample power for any situation. Personally I haven't crossed 120 and tend to stick to 100, but getting to 120 isn't quite an effort.

You can checkout more info in my ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A similar looking ray blue was available.
It looks the same as Ray Blue in this pic, maybe a shade darker.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 4th May 2018 at 15:37.
Old 5th May 2018, 13:22   #2752
BHPian

Planning to book a Baleno for my father in-law. I have some doubts.

1. Can I opt out of Nexa card and the Basic accessories kit? I would like to choose only mudflaps and the standard mats as of now.

2. The 5 year extended warranty as per Nexa website is ₹8640 for Delta Petrol. However, the dealer quotation has ₹10,195 for the same. Why?

3. Any other discounts possible?

Here's the price breakup:

Ex Show: 629824
Ext Warranty: 10195
Insurance: 20269
Road tax: 50386
Regn fee: 950
Basic acces. Kit: 7140
My NEXA card:1180
Fast tag: 600
On road : 720544
Old 7th May 2018, 19:15   #2753
BHPian

Happened to see the below information from Maruti. Please ignore if it's already mentioned here.

Maruti Suzuki India Limited will undertake a Service Campaign for new Swift and Baleno models to inspect for a possible fault in the brake vacuum hose.

Around 52,686 new Swift and Baleno vehicles manufactured between 1st December 2017 and 16th March 2018 will be covered in this campaign.

Starting 14th May 2018 owners of the vehicles included in this service campaign will be contacted by dealers for inspection and replacement of the faulty part.

Service Campaigns are undertaken globally by automobile companies to rectify faults that may potentially cause inconvenience to customers.

The inspection and replacement will be done free of cost for the customer.

Customers of new Swift and Baleno are requested to fill in the chassis number (MBH followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number) on the computer screen. The chassis number is embossed on the vehicle ID plate and is also in the vehicle invoice / registration documents.

Source below link
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/channel...ift-and-baleno
Old 7th May 2018, 19:15   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
I strongly suggest you to not to buy Baleno / Swift or the upcoming Ertiga. I don't have confidence on their products and I deeply regret buying one as well. Baleno and the newer Swift are based on the same platform.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...ml#post4396444
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 19:27   #2755
Senior - BHPian

From where I can get chrome strips on the back and on door/window area installed for my Baleno Sigma in Delhi/NCR?

Or any website from where I can order the chrome set that is installed in higher variants of Baleno?
Old 7th May 2018, 20:25   #2756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I strongly suggest you to not to buy Baleno / Swift or the upcoming Ertiga.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...ml#post4396444
I can show you similar pictures for other cars as well in that same thread.
Will you stop buying all those cars based on pics?

Every accident is different in nature, and its unfair to comment on cars build quality/lack of it just from a picture.
Old 7th May 2018, 20:44   #2757
BHPian

^ I said the same in the previous threads. However, the more and more crumbling Maruti cars I see, I am losing confidence. I have plonked 9L for this tin can. I have my concerns.

The above accident was between a Swift and an Auto. How much speed or weight a typical auto carries ? It looks like the auto hit the Swift (T-boned).

Since side crash tests are conducted at 50kmph (ENCAP) and the new Swift passed these test in the crash tests. I don't think a typical Auto carries more speed than this. Agreed that international Swift has side airbags. I find the structure is not stable here.

Last edited by amvj : 7th May 2018 at 21:02.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:33   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^ I said the same in the previous threads. However, the more and more crumbling Maruti cars I see, I am losing confidence. I have plonked 9L for this tin can. I have my concerns.

The above accident was between a Swift and an Auto. How much speed or weight a typical auto carries ? It looks like the auto hit the Swift (T-boned).
I am in the same boat. But, I wouldn't read too much from the pics of accidents without proper facts. Chances of it being hit by some other heavier vehicle and not an auto-rickshaw are quite high as well.

On the positive side, you have a much safer car than many other earlier generation cars.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 8th May 2018 at 13:34.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 01:32   #2759

Quote:
1. Can I opt out of Nexa card and the Basic accessories kit? I would like to choose only mudflaps and the standard mats as of now.
You can opt out of the Nexa card and the basic accessories kit. The dealer can only sell you accessories that you want.

Quote:
2. The 5 year extended warranty as per Nexa website is ₹8640 for Delta Petrol. However, the dealer quotation has ₹10,195 for the same. Why?
The nexa website says that the extended warranty prices are exclusive of applicable taxes. The dealer's quote must be inclusive of taxes.

Quote:
3. Any other discounts possible?
I am yet to hear of anyone successfully negotiating a discount for the Baleno.

If I am not mistaken, charging a fee for registration is not legal in India. Perhaps others in the forum will know this better

ICICI bank lists the tag joining fee as Rs. 194.70 and tag deposit as Rs.200. Rs.600 quoted by your dealer seems pricey.
Old 9th May 2018, 03:05   #2760

Quote:

Yes, you can opt out of the Nexa card and the accessories. I chose to keep the card but now I feel that it isn't really worth it.

I opted out of the accessories and went for the mud flaps and sports pedals instead. Purchased remaining accessories (Tissue holder, USB charger, Mats) of better quality at much better rates online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks