Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 20:09   #2116
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Post GST prices of the Baleno in Chennai at OMR Nexa is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20170707wa000101.jpeg  

Old 8th July 2017, 23:48   #2117
BHPian

Finally some good News for the BALENO Alpha Variant Owners !

BALENO Gets Android Auto Update.

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...l-cars/752182/

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/59499756.cms

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/older-mar...d-auto-1721375

Any body has got the update?

I checked with my NEXA PASCO showroom at Gurgaon and also the PASCO Service centre. But nobody seems to have any clue about this. Just hope that now it is only a matter of time.
yogeshbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 19:49   #2118
BHPian

Folks, I've a Baleno CVT Zeta. [Sep 2016]

This is about the suspension. I have started hearing a loud "creak" almost every time from the rear left suspension, as I apply the brakes, and at the precise moment the car just stops moving.
Hearing it 98% of the time.

I am planning to write to Nexa.
I look forward to advise from "experienced" folks in this group.
[Can I expect suspension replacement?... Is there is cut off date?...]
Also - what is the mail ID I use to ensure that this is on record - both MUL and Nexa.

What is the process I follow to get a rear suspension refit?

Thanks in advance.

Drive Safe!
Old 10th July 2017, 02:50   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
Hi All,

I have finally been able to convince the MSIL guys for a rear suspension change for my December 2015 Petrol Zeta Baleno.

I have given the car to them today and expect to get it back today itself. Will let you all know if the new suspension feels better.
Hi anurag, please tell if there was an improvement in the noise from suspension after replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
It's a July 2016 manufactured vehicle. Please do visit the service centre and get the suspension thoroughly checked.

Please drive your vehicle very slowly over a speed bump and listen if you get a sound similar to 'Clink-Clank' (or) some 'Metal' noise. If yes, the springs and the shocks definitely needs replacement.
My baleno delta petrol also makes a lot of noise when going over small speedbreakers etc. mine is also a july 2016 car. will complain to NEXA and see how it goes.

Quote:
3rd Service and Rear Suspension Replacement Update
Folks, I managed to get the Rear shocks and coil springs replaced under warranty yesterday

The car glides over pot holes and speed bumps without any 'Clink-Clank' noise!
Congrats and thanks.

Last edited by guptavis : 10th July 2017 at 02:52.
Old 10th July 2017, 10:37   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Folks, I've a Baleno CVT Zeta. [Sep 2016]

This is about the suspension. I have started hearing a loud "creak" almost every time from the rear left suspension, as I apply the brakes, and at the precise moment the car just stops moving.
Hearing it 98% of the time.

I am planning to write to Nexa.
I look forward to advise from "experienced" folks in this group.
[Can I expect suspension replacement?... Is there is cut off date?...]
Also - what is the mail ID I use to ensure that this is on record - both MUL and Nexa.

What is the process I follow to get a rear suspension refit?

Thanks in advance.

Drive Safe!
Hi CLIX, Please refer to my previous post for the details. I have mentioned the part numbers too!
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 11:43   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
Hi All,

I have finally been able to convince the MSIL guys for a rear suspension change for my December 2015 Petrol Zeta Baleno. I have been complaining about the same since the beginning. The Nexa Parel guys had carried out some technical analysis as well during my 10000km servicing. However, as usual, I was informed that the suspension is within the permissible limits and that Baleno being a sporty car, it has stiffer suspension. Although, I was not convinced, but I reluctantly accepted the fact.

Recently, I found on TBHP that MSIL was carrying out replacements of suspension of old Balenos. So, I wrote a mail to them informing of the issue. I also informed them that my wife (who is expecting) uses the car for travelling 35 kms daily and that she has been facing the stiff suspension issue leading to backaches. I got a prompt reply from the Nexa guys and I was informed that the rear suspension would be replaced immediately as the Nexa Parel had the necessary parts available with them.

I have given the car to them today and expect to get it back today itself. Will let you all know if the new suspension feels better.
Update on the suspension change.
1. Only the rear set has been replaced. When I enquired, I was informed that the front set has not undergone any modification since the launch. Only the rear set has been modified.
2. The noise which could be heard at each pothole earlier has significantly reduced (if not completely eliminated).
3. I may be tempted to even say that the rear suspension now feels better that the front ones. I wish, MSIL could update the front ones as well. Driving over a speed breaker gives me this feeling
4. The ride quality is much more pliant.

Would request ones who have got both front and rear suspension changed to let us know if the front ones also feel different post change.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 20:01   #2122
BHPian

Any idea if I can replace the front grille on my Baleno Zeta CVT with a Baleno RS grille. Found it much better looking. I guess Baleno RS is not doing any great numbers hence the dealers do not have the part in stock.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:14   #2123
BHPian

Hi All, last month my friend bought Baleno Petrol and I went with him for delivery. All went smooth however they refused to give any freebies not even mud flaps. So that ok maybe their policy. However as I own a Polo TDI 5.5 years old and back of my mind started comparison between both. I like the overall space inside the Baleno which is the only place where Polo lags till date along with high maintenance costs. Except that every aspect the Polo exceeds. The build quality of Baleno is very poor be it the car body or the plastic interiors and various joints. One thing I was shocked about that there was no engine cover on the bottom which the Nexa guy said is for better air ventilation and I was not convinced at all keeping in mind the our road conditions. Also when we went for the first service the service center was same for Nexa and regular Maruti Suzuki cars so we had to wait for 3 hours for even first service. When they are charging so much for Nexa series they should provide separate service centers for Nexa. Rest the car is running smooth without any issues. Still I would say MS have not yet matched the build quality of VW.

Rgds
Old 12th July 2017, 10:00   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugal View Post
Rest the car is running smooth without any issues. Still I would say MS have not yet matched the build quality of VW
Any VW owner will never be impressed by the build quality of Marutis. Period.
S-Cross, however, might be an exception.

People buy Marutis because of the peace of mind factor attached to it. Quality is something which we have no option but to sacrifice.

Over the years, they have improved themselves as far as equipments and features list is concerned but sadly not in the area of a solid build.

Nexa was recently in news that they will open complete separate service centres for Nexa cars. Let's see how that unfolds.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 12th July 2017 at 10:02.
Old 14th July 2017, 02:41   #2125
Senior - BHPian

A shot from our office parking lot.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-thisone_75fb2608a4794ae0991cc94bfe96e9be_li-2.jpg
govigov is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 15:44   #2126

Quote:
3rd Service and Rear Suspension Replacement Update

Folks, I managed to get the Rear shocks and coil springs replaced under warranty yesterday

The car glides over pot holes and speed bumps without any 'Clink-Clank' noise!

I'm posting the bill copy highlighting the part numbers for the rear suspension for the benefit of fellow BHPians.

Dear Prodigy07,
Can you please let us know which service center in Chennai replaced your suspension?
Old 17th July 2017, 05:59   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramv View Post
Dear Prodigy07,
Can you please let us know which service center in Chennai replaced your suspension?
Hello, Its Maruti Service Masters (MSM).
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 14:24   #2128
BHPian

Hi Baleno CVT owners,
Can you please let me know what FE are you getting in city?
I'm planning on buying one out of the Baleno Zeta CVT and the Jazz V CVT, and Among other things, I'm also curious about fuel figures. I'd be driving mostly in the city, much of which could be bumper to bumper traffic. This won't be the only deciding factor but I surely want to consider this as well.
Old 18th July 2017, 14:51   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
A shot from our office parking lot.
Hey govigov, you work for Nexa??

That almost looks like a showroom parking buddy with 4 Baleno's parked next to each other. Are your sure these are not "Reserved" parking slots??
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 18:03   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Hi Baleno CVT owners,
Can you please let me know what FE are you getting in city?
I'm planning on buying one out of the Baleno Zeta CVT and the Jazz V CVT, and Among other things, I'm also curious about fuel figures. I'd be driving mostly in the city, much of which could be bumper to bumper traffic. This won't be the only deciding factor but I surely want to consider this as well.
Hi,

It would be almost same as Manual transmission. I cannot comment on the exact figures as it depends on your traffic pattern.

You can find details on this in Hyderabad traffic pattern in my ownership review thread
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks