Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2017, 00:28   #2101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The Delta is great. Unless you really want the touchscreen and alloys, it's not worth waiting for a Zeta.
Zeta still doesn't have the touchscreen
It has UV cut glass, push button and that MFD screen alongside larger wheels
Old 1st July 2017, 10:41   #2102
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Getting a baleno delta automatic readily but not in a colour of choice, will have to upgrade to zeta CVT in that case
Is it really worth those extra 68k??
In my opinion, the extra 68K are justified and worth it. You get a bunch of goodies such as UV glass, better wheels etc. and in your case, you also get the colour of your choice.
I'd say go for it!
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:15   #2103
t18
BHPian

So after a month of complaining about the suspension in my 2016 baleno zeta petrol, I did get a call from the workshop manager from a Maruti service center nearby.

I visited the workshop and the manager took a test drive. As usual he did not feel anything out of place. He stopped the car midway adjusted the clutch and asked me to drive. He was convinced the issue was with the clutch and not the suspension. But I was adamant that it's the suspension. Then he asked another technician to check. This fellow had a look underneath for leaks and then lowered the tyre pressure and we went for another test drive.

He too tried convincing me that it's normal. Midway in the test he got the tyres checked at a roadside shop. I kept on reiterating I was not satisfied.

After all this the manager asked me to check with the nexa showroom were I bought the car if they had the part available. And get it done over there as it will take time to get the parts to their workshop.

I asked him to take his time and order the part as the nexa showroom is 40 Kms away one side.

He did order the part but said we will test with new part and the company tech team will check and if they feel there is no difference then will have my old suspension back.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:48   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Getting a baleno delta automatic readily but not in a colour of choice, will have to upgrade to zeta CVT in that case
Is it really worth those extra 68k??
I had a similar dilemma when booking my CVT Zeta. Was wondering if the additional cost was worth it. But the UV glass, height adjustable driver seat and reach adjustable steering was convincing enough to go for the Zeta. The other features are mostly just creature comforts (including the 16" wheels) in my opinion.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:12   #2105
BHPian

I was in my parking lot with my windows open a couple of days ago, and realized that I could hear a metallic clink of the transmission i.e the actual gear shift taking place, while shifting gears. This was the case especially in 4th, 5th, and reverse. With windows closes it was largely inaudible.

Is this normal, or something that I need to have the workshop check out?

Last edited by chncar : 2nd July 2017 at 19:14.
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:52   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
The other features are mostly just creature comforts (including the 16" wheels) in my opinion.

I beg to disagree here. 16' wheels can't be bucketed under creature comforts bucket. The up sized tyres would provide a better grip across corners and handling in general which in turn means that you would be able to take better speed through corners. Yes it might not be everyone's cup of tea depending how one drives but for an enthusiast who likes to push the car to limits this up size is very beneficial. The new Polo gts and the erstwhile Punto evo sports come/came with 16' tyres.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:06   #2107
BHPian

3rd Service and Rear Suspension Replacement Update

Folks, I managed to get the Rear shocks and coil springs replaced under warranty yesterday

The car glides over pot holes and speed bumps without any 'Clink-Clank' noise!

I'm posting the bill copy highlighting the part numbers for the rear suspension for the benefit of fellow BHPians.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-3rd-service-bill-copy.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 08:01   #2108
BHPian

Hi everyone,

My Baleno Delta CVT ownership has been published in the forum today. Here's the link for the review.
My car has covered 3900 km in 4 months so far

Baleno Delta CVT - The experience so far!
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:27   #2109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

Folks, I managed to get the Rear shocks and coil springs replaced under warranty yesterday

The car glides over pot holes and speed bumps without any 'Clink-Clank' noise!

I'm posting the bill copy highlighting the part numbers for the rear suspension for the benefit of fellow BHPians.
Are we seeing a lot of Balenos getting rear suspensions replaced in warranty? I have read at least 3-4 members mentioning that their Baleno's rear shocker / spring was replaced for noise related complaints. Did MSIL not run this car sufficiently in "normal" Indian road conditions before full market launch I wonder? I hope its not too commonplace an occurrence. I'd hate to see such a lovely car face an issue that is easily fixable but bad for publicity.
Old 4th July 2017, 15:10   #2110
BHPian

The suspension issue seems to be on the pre - 2017 models.

All the 2017 cars come with the new suspension. Shame that MS isn't actively recalling all the older cars and fixing them.
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 20:32   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
I had a similar dilemma when booking my CVT Zeta. Was wondering if the additional cost was worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I beg to disagree here. 16' wheels can't be bucketed under creature comforts bucket. Polo gts and the erstwhile Punto
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
In my opinion, the extra 68K are justified and worth it. You get a bunch of goodies such as UV glass, better wheels etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The Delta is great. Unless you really want the touchscreen and alloys, it's not worth waiting for a Zeta.
Listing Actual differences between Delta and Zeta here :
Please add in case I have missed anything.

This is what Zeta has above Delta

1) 16" Alloy wheels with 195 section tyres from Apollo Alnac 4G ( Delta gets 185/65 R 15 from MRF )
2) Pure Keyless entry
3) Push button start
4) UV cut glass
5) Tweeters ( Delta gets 4 speakers only )
6) Fog lamps
7) Chrome strip on hatch and lower side on windows
8) Puddle and Boot lamp
9) Leather-wrapped steering wheel
10) Front-Arm rest
11) Mood-lighting and glove-box lighting
12) Chrome door handles
13) Telescopic steering wheel
14) Colour-MID ( Delta gets monochrome )
15) Auto day-night mirror. ( Delta gets manual )
16) Driver-seat height adjustment

Last edited by silverado : 4th July 2017 at 20:51.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 07:08   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

Prodigy07, what is the month of manufacturing for your car? Looking at the timing of 3rd service I am guessing yours should be around May 2016.

I own a May 2016 manufactured delta petrol, thinking whether to give it a try or not. Last year the roads I travel were in better condition and now they are deteriorating so any improvements in suspension is welcome.
Old 5th July 2017, 11:05   #2113
BHPian

Hi All,

I have finally been able to convince the MSIL guys for a rear suspension change for my December 2015 Petrol Zeta Baleno. I have been complaining about the same since the beginning. The Nexa Parel guys had carried out some technical analysis as well during my 10000km servicing. However, as usual, I was informed that the suspension is within the permissible limits and that Baleno being a sporty car, it has stiffer suspension. Although, I was not convinced, but I reluctantly accepted the fact.

Recently, I found on TBHP that MSIL was carrying out replacements of suspension of old Balenos. So, I wrote a mail to them informing of the issue. I also informed them that my wife (who is expecting) uses the car for travelling 35 kms daily and that she has been facing the stiff suspension issue leading to backaches. I got a prompt reply from the Nexa guys and I was informed that the rear suspension would be replaced immediately as the Nexa Parel had the necessary parts available with them.

I have given the car to them today and expect to get it back today itself. Will let you all know if the new suspension feels better.

Last edited by anuraglakhotia : 5th July 2017 at 11:06.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 11:27   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Prodigy07, what is the month of manufacturing for your car? Looking at the timing of 3rd service I am guessing yours should be around May 2016.

I own a May 2016 manufactured delta petrol, thinking whether to give it a try or not. Last year the roads I travel were in better condition and now they are deteriorating so any improvements in suspension is welcome.
It's a July 2016 manufactured vehicle. Please do visit the service centre and get the suspension thoroughly checked.

Please drive your vehicle very slowly over a speed bump and listen if you get a sound similar to 'Clink-Clank' (or) some 'Metal' noise. If yes, the springs and the shocks definitely needs replacement.
Old 6th July 2017, 09:34   #2115
BHPian

Can somebody who has currently booked a Baleno in Bangalore let me know what would be the OTR post GST? Some websites indicate INR 8,90,XXX for the Alpha Petrol MT, which results in a reduction of around 28k from the Pre GST price of 9,18,XXX.

I've booked one on July 3rd and been following up with the RM to get me the updated price list, but to no avail!

Last edited by Added_flavor : 6th July 2017 at 09:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks