Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:16   #2041
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Got a petrol Alpha ray blue for my dad last month. Car is good, no doubts. But window controls not illuminated are one big miss i would mention.

recently got the first servicing done and the charges asked was Rs 50/-!! I mean wasn't expecting it to be so low coz i have been paying for free servicing of my safari. One thing that annoys me the most is music system fiiddling by service guys. They blast it at full volume as they work in car. Now i remove the same from my safari but this one is non-detachable. So, do we have a way wherein a lock code or something similar can be put?
his-xc-lnc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:22   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Is it a recall? I too own a June 2016 Alpha variant and I am not sure if I am eligible for this replacement. Could you please throw more light on this. Is there VIN range for which the replacement is being done?
I don't think MSIL has issued an official Suspension recall for Baleno. I believe they are changing the rear suspension only if the customer keeps emphasizing about poor ride quality.

I got mine replaced few weeks ago and I don't find any significant difference.
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:30   #2043
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Is it a recall? I too own a June 2016 Alpha variant and I am not sure if I am eligible for this replacement. Could you please throw more light on this. Is there VIN range for which the replacement is being done?
It is not a recall. I read in this very thread about it. Few members here have got there 2016 Baleno suspensions replaced by raising a complaint with nexa.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:23   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Can you let me know how long it took for your car's suspension to be replaced after you complained.
2 days is all it took. In fact the service center was in hurry to close my case, so they requested me to come early.

Write a mail again to contact@nexa, that should hopefully get things rolling.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 00:37   #2045
BHPian

Hi. Has anyone seen, ordered, owns, or has pictures of the Urban Blue (the lighter of the two blues) shade? I haven't seen even one on road and the Nexa guy told me that they haven't sold one either.
Old 23rd June 2017, 01:02   #2046
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Hi. Has anyone seen, ordered, owns, or has pictures of the Urban Blue (the lighter of the two blues) shade? I haven't seen even one on road and the Nexa guy told me that they haven't sold one either.
I have seen a couple and it doesn't look good IMO, its a very metallic and bright blue kind of like the old Zen days

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-159047.jpg
This image is the closest i could find that matches what i have seen. I would suggest the other Ray Blue, that looks very premium. And in case you were worried about maintaining, I can tell you that the Urban blue look terrible when dusty, so no points there either. So you can see why it is a slow seller.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd June 2017 at 23:33. Reason: image removed since hosted externally
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 06:09   #2047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I have seen a couple and it doesn't look good IMO, its a very metallic and bright blue kind of like the old Zen days

This image is the closest i could find that matches what i have seen. I would suggest the other Ray Blue, that looks very premium. And in case you were worried about maintaining, I can tell you that the Urban blue look terrible when dusty, so no points there either. So you can see why it is a slow seller.
This pic will probably clear the doubts about how different these two blue shades are.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-cca58f3f53a7426aafafd172a9bf57cb.jpg

The one parked on the road is Ray Blue, whereas the one whose derrière is visible, is Urban Blue.

Source

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:10   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
I own an Urban Blue and I have seen several on the roads and also for delivery when I visited the showroom.

I wanted a blue car and I chose Urban Blue over Ray Blue because:
-The Ray Blue is too common with everybody ordering it and having a longer waiting period (officially the waiting period is the same but other colours get delivered faster generally)
-I felt that the Ray Blue looked better in pictures and brochures, whereas the Urban Blue looked really good when viewed in real life
-I saw several Ray Blue cars that had been running on the roads for a while and felt that the finish looked dull and didn't age that well, reinforcing my perception that the Ray Blue colour looks extra good when new and well polished and clean i.e in photos and brochures.
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:48   #2049
BHPian

^Thanks, chncar. Can you describe the colour relating to anything common, or close to any other car's blue? Also, a few pictures would be really helpful.

I liked urban blue on the website, and if not that, then I'd go for red. The red looks smashing but it is just a little too loud for my taste. I don't like ray blue much, and any shades of white (silver, grey etc.) are out of the question.

Quote:
Thanks agambhandari. I don't like the ray blue much. I'd like the RS to have a lighter, sportier shade. The red TD car looked fantastic!

Last edited by ach1lles : 23rd June 2017 at 20:54.
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:03   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
^Thanks, chncar. Can you describe the colour relating to anything common, or close to any other car's blue? Also, a few pictures would be really helpful.

I liked urban blue on the website, and if not that, then I'd go for red. The red looks smashing but it is just a little too loud for my taste. I don't like ray blue much, and any shades of white (silver, grey etc.) are out of the question.

Thanks agambhandari. I don't like the ray blue much. I'd like the RS to have a lighter, sportier shade. The red TD car looked fantastic!

The pic posted by Overdrive above is as good as any. I would say its a classic dark blue with a metallic lustre.

Here is the only pic that I found on my phone that was good:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20170521_181819.jpg  

chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:07   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
^Thanks, chncar. Can you describe the colour relating to anything common, or close to any other car's blue? Also, a few pictures would be really help
Hi,

Please check this link. This is the only good snap that I have.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4149925
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:32   #2052
Senior - BHPian

This should make it a bit easier to differentiate the Two Blue Colors (Dark & Bright).

Urban Blue
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-images.jpg

Ray Blue
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-maruti0.jpg

Ray Blue & Fire Red under Shade.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-12243399_966297356763366_4211497997556674765_n.jpg

Although Cars are different, the Blue Shade of i20 is same as the Urban Blue of Baleno.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenohyundaii20comparisonpetrolzigwheelsindiam14_720x540.jpg

Under Sunlight, the difference is visible.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenohyundaii20comparisonpetrolzigwheelsindiam11_720x540.jpg

Hope this helps.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:24   #2053
BHPian

Does anyone know how can we change the lane change indicator count in Delta model ?
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:52   #2054
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Does anyone know how can we change the lane change indicator count in Delta model ?
Be it any model, Delta or Alpha, this job can be done at MASS only.

They do it on SDT using laptop (Suzuki Diagnostic Tool).

Not sure if it is charged job or Free of Cost.
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:56   #2055
BHPian

@a4anurag

I think that they can be done from the MID for alpha and zeta model but not sure if it can be done for delta too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks