Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 10:30   #1576
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
As Dr. Naren said, it is not at all worth it.

A good quality custom retrofit would cost maximum 30k for a pair. And you will get to choose the components with warranty!

Though I have concerns regarding the original warranty on car by the OEM. As per my RM, it is bound to get void.
Electrical warranty would be void only if there is any cutting of stock wires. By doing a retrofit, headlights are opened and you would lose the warranty for headlights against moisture, water etc.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 08:11   #1577
Senior - BHPian

On 28th Late Night, My Baleno had arrived at the dealer stockyard. Yesterday, had a glimpse of it, and did a PDI, and found nothing suspicious. Everything was working perfectly. Couldn't take pictures as I had some pending work, bad to leave early.

Today will be finalizing Accessories. And the RM has told me that car can be delivered today itself (By Evening).

God is on my side i guess, because i am very lucky to get this car in 15 days flat from the day of booking (15th December 2016). I wish the same thing happened to people who have booked & waiting for one.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 14:00   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Today will be finalizing Accessories. And the RM has told me that car can be delivered today itself (By Evening).
Congratulations in advance! I'm sure this car will keep you happy in many ways. Do post some pics of the car.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 16:38   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, had a glimpse of it, and did a PDI, and found nothing suspicious. Everything was working perfectly.
Congratulations CarguyNish

Regarding accessories, I would suggest getting the trunk mat alone from the dealership. Seat covers and door sills are much cheaper at Accessories store.
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 16:41   #1580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On 28th Late Night, My Baleno had arrived at the dealer stockyard. Yesterday, had a glimpse of it, and did a PDI, and found nothing suspicious. Everything was working perfectly. Couldn't take pictures as I had some pending work, bad to leave early.

God is on my side i guess, because i am very lucky to get this car in 15 days flat from the day of booking (15th December 2016). I wish the same thing happened to people who have booked & waiting for one.
Congrats buddy!!

I am sure you would love your new drive . I would consider myself also lucky as I have got my Zeta petrol in just 4 days. I had booked the car one day after launch and to my luck there was one car in transit which was not blocked
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 19:32   #1581
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Found some interesting accessories on sale for the Baleno from Suzuki Italy.
Wonder if we could get these in India as well.

Would be interested in these, specially the front parking sensor and rain sensor.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1.jpg

Lots of luggage and storage options available:
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-3.jpg

This set is for adventurous owners:
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-2.jpg
SRK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 22:08   #1582
BHPian

I went for the Wheel Balancing and Alignment for my Baleno which has done 13800 km just before i went for the pondicherry trip few days back. Got to see the area which was under cover and noticed a lot of parts which looks rusted. I don't know if its normal or the parts are just left from being galvanized in the factory.
Attaching few pics for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-c52189e37baf4a8da528f77f260a199c.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-d415021dc4b8420989b59699ee8da9ad.jpg  

Old 30th December 2016, 22:30   #1583
BHPian

Quote:

You are damn lucky! Nonetheless enjoy the moments, the drive and last but not the least - the BALENO experience.

I hope and pray that the gods set their sight upon me too and bring my waiting period to an end, which is currently at 3 months
yogeshbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 23:39   #1584
BANNED

How is the build quality of the Baleno compared to the Swift? Has the weight reduction resulted in a much weaker car with poor quality?

unacceptable. I am about to book the Baleno and this is scary!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I went for the Wheel Balancing and Alignment for my Baleno which has done 13800 km just before i went for the pondicherry trip few days back. Got to see the area which was under cover and noticed a lot of parts which looks rusted. I don't know if its normal or the parts are just left from being galvanized in the factory.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2016 at 06:17. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 31st December 2016, 03:41   #1585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
Nothing to be worried about Guys!! The rusted parts are made of solid cast iron, and its just surface rust. Even if you see these parts after 10 years, they'll look exactly the same. Its panels and stainless steel on which rust plays havoc.

There are umpteen pictures on this forum, where people have seen such rust on knuckles and hubs in new cars.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3732645

As long as the rust is limited to these solid cast iron parts, you have nothing to worry about. Just don't let the body panels or any thin stainless steel parts get rusted.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st December 2016 at 03:43.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 14:32   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
How is the build quality of the Baleno compared to the Swift? Has the weight reduction resulted in a much weaker car with poor quality?

Build quality of Baleno is just acceptable, nothing great to write about. However there is a considerable weight reduction when compared with swift, which according to my understanding changes overall stability and dynamics of the car when it does triple digit speeds. Besides that panels are more prone to damage with even a nick of a hit. Paint Quality is even the worse part of Maruti Suzuki, it is very hard to maintain the car in good Shape.

In terms of dynamics i mean when ever i try to do speeds of above 120 (Not recommended) it does not inspire confidence at all, there is a lot of verticle movement and you tend to feel like that you may loose control which is disappointing. Couple it with the bad suspension where gets more prominent on high speeds and things get worse.

In my recent trip i have seen cars from one category down easily doing good speeds on the empty stretches but even if i push the vehicle it seems like i'm putting myself and others in the danger spot. So over all i'm disappointed with the high speed dynamics and i think here weight plays a major role.

Besides that everything favours the car, be it the fuel efficient petrol revv happy engine , space , features, safety being addressed by providing dual airbags and ABS.
Old 31st December 2016, 15:37   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In terms of dynamics i mean when ever i try to do speeds of above 120 (Not recommended) it does not inspire confidence at all, there is a lot of verticle movement and you tend to feel like that you may loose control which is disappointing. Couple it with the bad suspension where gets more prominent on high speeds and things get worse.
I do not find it so. I have driven around 15000 KM and high speed stability was never an issue for me. I am actually impressed about it, inspite of Baleno being a light weight car.

Even the official review says that handling, high speed stability is good.

Quote:
In terms of handling, the grip levels are safe & predictable. The Baleno isn't as tight or fun to drive as the smaller Swift, yet its overall dynamics are sorted and there are no nasty surprises. It's clean and behaves as intended. The fact that the Baleno is adequately tyred (not usually the case for a Maruti hatchback) with 195/55 R16 rubber makes a BIG difference. I flung the car into corners at speed and she managed to hold the intended line. Push hard and you will feel the body roll, with understeer coming in gradually as you approach the limit. No, it's not razor sharp or a corner carving tool, but for a family hatchback, the dynamics are very neutral. We had our concerns on high speed stability due to the lightweight nature of the car. Rest assured, the Baleno can cruise at 120 kph all day. The car (surprisingly) doesn't feel nervous at this speed. Not rock solid like the Europeans, yet satisfactory by Japanese car standards. That said, strong crosswinds do affect the car's stability on the highway.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 31st December 2016 at 15:39.
Old 31st December 2016, 15:53   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I do not find it so. I have driven around 15000 KM and high speed stability was never an issue for me. I am actually impressed about it, inspite of Baleno being a light weight car.

Even the official review says that handling, high speed stability is good.
Rightly said and pointed. As i said too i have done 120 kmph through out but if i want to move further i start loosing confidence with the way it behaves. But yes you can do 120 kmph whole day and i think 100-120 kmph is the best place where Baleno shines with its high speed dynamics. Anything above that is not a good experience.
Old 4th January 2017, 10:48   #1589
BHPian

Greetings everybody,
Getting back to team-bhp after a long time.
I have a Baleno Zeta Petrol, four months and 4400km old. Experiencing all the problems widely reported (slight jerk while shifting gears, stiff rear suspension, etc.) and a slightly hard-to-press clutch pedal. Did no spicing up, except replacing all bulbs with leds ( not headlights) and fixing a TPMS. I was hunting for the service manual of the car with no success. MGP dealers in Kerala says they can't get it. Some dealers in Bangalore promised to procure a copy in two weeks, if I place order. But after almost two months, they tell me that it is not available. Any help from the forum is highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Prasad.
Old 4th January 2017, 13:35   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Rightly said and pointed. As i said too i have done 120 kmph through out but if i want to move further i start loosing confidence with the way it behaves. But yes you can do 120 kmph whole day and i think 100-120 kmph is the best place where Baleno shines with its high speed dynamics. Anything above that is not a good experience.
Isn't this a good enough speed for our highways? Cruising at around 100, and the odd overtaking maneuver at around 120 tops?

Maintaining higher speeds than this somehow doesn't feel safe in our highways - however good the roads maybe.

I am still running in my Baleno - first service not done yet - and the feel I get is of a well put together car that can do 100 comfortably ( have taken her only upto 80 so far , but you get a feel of the car ). And for me that covers 99.9% of her intended use.

Yes its a bit light and jumpy at lower speeds, am keen to see how this translates to on the highway.

Most Viewed