Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2020, 02:40   #916

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Originally purchased in Feb 2016 by the previous owner, ODO 9950 KMS.
Congratulations buddy! I Narrowly missed on this one. I was lucky to find another car of 2019 make and closed the deal almost, but as fate would have it, The car met with an accident just a day before I could pay and take it home.

Back to square one.
Old 29th December 2020, 07:01   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap2329 View Post
Congratulations buddy! I Narrowly missed on this one. I was lucky to find another car of 2019 make and closed the deal almost, but as fate would have it, The car met with an accident just a day before I could pay and take it home.

Back to square one.
Thank you.

Oh that's sad. Hopefully, you will find the one for you soon enough.
Old 5th January 2021, 12:24   #918
KPR
BANNED

Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive Abarth for some distance (~300 kms) in highways from Chennai to Trichy to understand it. I've a punto 90hp as my daily drive and have driven this route many times. Here are my views:
1. I can't be a normal driver with it.
2. The road is not enough for it.
3. Highway drive is so much fun in this beast.
4. Excellent braking, steering feedback.
5. The noise of engine gaining speed is music to ears really. It's sounds like a Boeing take off from tarmac
6. Biggest plus of Abarth is there is no 80+kmph non-irritating single beep and 120+kmph continuous beep. Existing Abarth owners should drive a 2020 car in highway .
7. The car feels more planted than a 90HP (high GC Punto Evo Vs Low GC+Rear anti roll bar of Abarth).

If this car is sold today I would've headed straight to showroom to buy this beast or even a tjet (also retaining my 90HP) . Pity that now in India there are Turbo Petrols at around 10-15L but this daddy engine is no more. Is there a car in market today that can match this fun barring premium segment cars? Will Duster 1.3 be able to satisfy to this extent? I doubt.

Last edited by KPR : 5th January 2021 at 12:32.
KPR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 16:00   #919
BHPian

I am looking for some advice/recommendations for my Abarth. I bought it in 2017 and I think the time has now come to freshen it up a bit.

1. Tyre Recommendations - Does anyone have long term experience with using an R17 tyre on the Abarth? If so, which brand? In case this is not adviced, any recommendations for an R17 tyre?

2. Someone in Bangalore who can do a full upgrade on the ICE system, starting with changing the headunit.

3. Someone in Bangalore who can help me with performance mods.
Old 14th June 2021, 20:45   #920

My 2016 Abarth Punto has developed a weird rattle somewhere near the passenger side of dashboard. The sound is constant and sometimes loud and irritating. I took the car to my regular service center Vroom Pointe but they seemed a little reluctant to diagnose the noise. Took it to Landmark Andheri also and they told dashboard needs to be removed to identify the source of rattle. They quoted around Rs. 2000 for removing and refitting the dashboard + any additional repair / spare charges if any. I am also thinking of getting it checked by Mr. Sunil Shanbhag once. Has anyone faced this issue and resolved successfully? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Regards.
Old 21st June 2021, 14:05   #921

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulkr14 View Post
My 2016 Abarth Punto has developed a weird rattle somewhere near the passenger side of dashboard. The sound is constant and sometimes loud and irritating. I took the car to my regular service center Vroom Pointe but they seemed a little reluctant to diagnose the noise. Took it to Landmark Andheri also and they told dashboard needs to be removed to identify the source of rattle. They quoted around Rs. 2000 for removing and refitting the dashboard + any additional repair / spare charges if any. I am also thinking of getting it checked by Mr. Sunil Shanbhag once. Has anyone faced this issue and resolved successfully? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Regards.
I am assuming you have already checked the glovebox to make sure there are no loose objects inside that could be rolling around.. Could you be more specific about the type of sound and any particular scenarios when it comes on or gets worse or better. You should also check the glove box lid, the passenger door side AC vent and the lower vertical walls of the center console that extend into the passenger footwell. This panel is held by two screws only. If youve lost that it will rattle around
MiJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:21   #922
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Seems like no one, not any media or owner, has realised the below fact. All Abarth powered cars and Linea T jet has brake discs by Brembo from factory.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-screenshot_20210927191605169_com.instagram.android.jpg
sidindica is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:15   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Seems like no one, not any media or owner, has realised the below fact. All Abarth powered cars and Linea T jet has brake discs by Brembo from factory.

Attachment 2212482
Exactly. Discovered this recently in my Linea T Jet, while I was waiting for a long time in the parking lot. Here’s a pic.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-8cedede8eb82401ea79732cf3f548122.jpeg

Fiat always never compromised on kit, where it mattered the most. Even the MJD Puntos and Lineas came with ‘Ate’ branded kits.

The Linea T Jet/Abarth uses a mix of many top brands. Brembo, Ate, Continental, etc.

Related discussion (Your favourite hot hatch in India?) from few eons ago where I made the same point.

And now we have fellow Polo owners upgrading to ‘Ate’ brake kits and feeling the difference in bite and feel, of course some credit goes to the bigger discs as well.
DRIV3R is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 17:00   #924

Hi
I am based out of Gurgaon and is looking for a short shifter for my Abarth Punto. Can someone guide me where I can find one?

Have checked with Autopsyched, GT Tuners and Speed sport. Speed sport is going to comeback coming Monday but rest two don’t have it.
Will be grateful for any lead here!
Old 13th August 2022, 13:04   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay11 View Post
I am based out of Gurgaon and is looking for a short shifter for my Abarth Punto. Can someone guide me where I can find one?
Have you tried here ? Let us know if it's available.
Old 13th August 2022, 22:58   #926

Thank you RedCherry!

Well I got it today, called up the guy (Gaurav) and now enjoying the short shifts.
Gear travel has now reduced to 50%+ but the stiffness has gone up. Stiffness should get reduced as I put more mile on it.

This is a great mod for sure, I actually was looking for “Bonalume short shifter” never knew something like this even existed - so thanks a lot for helping me.

List of things I want to get done in my car is long and I am happy to tick one of them. One day at a time!
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-167eb182cec44ad6a89d4c0942992153.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-53257b5c27304b6092d7d31620617b49.jpeg  

Vinay11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 11:45   #927
BHPian

Couple of days back a two wheeler rammed straight on to my parked Abarth. Luckily the rider just got minor bruises and is alright now.

The left fog lamp housing got damaged and the right one is ok. I checked with Fiat ASS in Coimbatore and they do not have this part. Neither they have the chrome housing of EVO. I did not find this in 99rpm.com. Can I get a lead on where I can source fog lamp housing.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-abarth-left-fog-lamp-housing.jpeg  

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-abarth-right-fog-lamp-housing.jpeg  

Old 17th November 2022, 17:53   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
The left fog lamp housing got damaged and the right one is ok. I checked with Fiat ASS in Coimbatore and they do not have this part. Neither they have the chrome housing of EVO. I did not find this in 99rpm.com. Can I get a lead on where I can source fog lamp housing.
Ask the Fiat/Jeep ASS to place a order with Fiat & procure it.
finneyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 16:11   #929

Has anyone done a clutch replacement to their Abarth Punto? My car's clutch has started slipping at high rpms (4000-5000rpm on first gear), I have done about 42K kms on the odo. How much would it cost and are there any aftermarket alternatives available for the same?

I am yet to check with Fiat/Jeep about the availability and price, just checking here to get advice before I do that.
Old 9th December 2022, 17:45   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
Has anyone done a clutch replacement to their Abarth Punto? My car's clutch has started slipping at high rpms (4000-5000rpm on first gear), I have done about 42K kms on the odo. How much would it cost and are there any aftermarket alternatives available for the same?

I am yet to check with Fiat/Jeep about the availability and price, just checking here to get advice before I do that.
Shouldn't be slipping at 42k unless you have been regularly doing agressive launches.

Part prices have gone through the roof. The flywheel itself is some 39k now. I'm told LUK branded flywheels are available in Bangalore for about 19k.

Err.. I have been told it's 74k. OUCH

Last edited by keroo1099 : 9th December 2022 at 17:55. Reason: Wrong price
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed