Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2018, 10:28   #691
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I know of at least two independent garages that would gladly take any Fiat for service. One of them even have a few low-mileage Fiats parked in their private garages that are tended to like children.
Hello suhaas307,

I am seriously considering a Fiat as an upgrade to my present car. It helps me make a quick decision if you could mention these garages.

Thanks

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th December 2018 at 10:34. Reason: Fixed quoted post
Old 4th January 2019, 19:29   #692
BHPian

Anybody here can shed some light on which shock absorbers and springs the Abarth Punto uses? Is it the same as the standard Punto?
Old 4th January 2019, 19:41   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Anybody here can shed some light on which shock absorbers and springs the Abarth Punto uses? Is it the same as the standard Punto?
No, the part numbers are different and they are not the same as the regular Puntos.

The Abarth also has additional ARB at the rear which the regular Puntos don’t get.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 21:58   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Not 100% on the springs, but the Abarth uses pre-GC shocks that came with the first lot of grande Puntos. For the springs, they are the same as regular Punto. Refer photo below.

L-R: one that came out from the car, low GC one, and post-GC.
Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img_4373.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 08:18   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
L-R: one that came out from the car, low GC one, and post-GC.
Is it the way the picture was taken or am I the only one who thinks the low GC strut is shorter in length than what came out from the car?

Your car had suspension failure?
Old 7th January 2019, 23:22   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Do keep us posted about your experience.
Finally took a soul satiating step and booked an Abarth Punto in hip-hop black on 23rd December. Sealed the deal at ₹ 9,30,000. Car is currently in transit and expected to reach dealership in a couple of days.

Surprisingly, the dealer has got orders for 4 Urban Cross vehicles shipped in this batch along with my Abarth.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20190104wa0002.jpg

Happened to spot BHPian chase_nt's ex-car in the dealership during her periodic service visit.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20181129_164818compressedcompressed.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 23:45   #697
BHPian

Congratulations Pferdestrke on your Abarth Punto. I am glad there are people still confidently investing on Fiat vehicles. With the T-jet engine and all round disc brakes, this is going to be one hell of a machine for sure. I have never driven it. But I have a Linea Tjet which raised a bar ahead of my 75bhp Punto. I can imagine what the same engine could do in a lighter Punto. Enjoy your drive and appreciate your decision. You will not regret it.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 11:40   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Congratulations Pferdestrke on your Abarth Punto. I am glad there are people still confidently investing on Fiat vehicles. You will not regret it.
Thank you mate! This car has been growing on me ever since it was launched but some radical changes in my life (read married) held me back from going for it but the enthusiast inside me never abided by that.

Finally, with the good news of Abarth being back in production and mouth watering year-end discounts on offer, I taught myself it's now or never opportunity to grab this beast.

As I'm typing this post, got a call from SA stating that the car has arrived at dealership. Will visit the yard tomorrow for PDI and post an update with pics.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 12:44   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Is it the way the picture was taken or am I the only one who thinks the low GC strut is shorter in length than what came out from the car?
It's the pic. The low GC and the one from the car are identical.

Quote:
Your car had suspension failure?
Thanks to Mumbai's bad roads, one of the front struts was showing signs of weakness. Hence got both replaced proactively. It would have been covered under warranty, but I had crossed 40k kms upto which strut warranty is covered. But I got the strut pads replaced under warranty. Surprisingly cheap for such a performance car. I will update the bills and details in my ownership report (need to get cracking on it ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Finally took a soul satiating step and booked an Abarth Punto in hip-hop black on 23rd December. Sealed the deal at ₹ 9,30,000. Car is currently in transit and expected to reach dealership in a couple of days.
Congrats and welcome to the club!
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 14:04   #700
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, with the good news of Abarth being back in production and mouth watering year-end discounts on offer, I taught myself it's now or never opportunity to grab this beast.

Glad to note that! I can completely understand your situation and correlate with that of mine. I have been drooling over this thread and the car wherever I saw one and finally convinced my wife to get one as against the Thar which she was keen on driving. My car has also arrived and I am taking it on my wife's company's car lease policy so awaiting completion of the formalities. I too have booked the hip-hop black and looking forward to driving the beast soon. Will share the pictures and experience shortly.
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:50   #701
BHPian

Guys, has anyone got paint protection film installed on your Punto? If yes, what's the price you've paid for it?

I'm seriously considering it to prevent scratches from city commutes.
Old 10th January 2019, 22:02   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, has anyone got paint protection film installed on your Punto? If yes, what's the price you've paid for it?

I'm seriously considering it to prevent scratches from city commutes.
Yes, prices range from 550 - 850 per sq feet based on the product. While the lower priced ones just offer protection, they may yellow and develop swirls over time.

The high end ones repel water, have anti yellowing warranty, and also are self-healing.

For the top spec films, if you are doing the whole car, would cost around 1.7-2 L ball park.

I suggest you do it for impact/scratch prone areas like the bumpers, fenders, hood etc. if you do not want to shell out a bomb.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 22:13   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I suggest you do it for impact/scratch prone areas like the bumpers, fenders, hood etc. if you do not want to shell out a bomb.
I have managed to make a visit to the 3M Car Care today to get an estimate. They've quoted 20,000 for bumper corners, half bonnet, ORVMs, door edges, door sills and door handle pockets.

I guess the price is reasonable for the package.
Old 11th January 2019, 03:51   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They've quoted 20,000 for bumper corners, half bonnet, ORVMs, door edges, door sills and door handle pockets.
The ORVM and Bumper are the two primary contact areas for external impact damage. I would not bother with the rest of the car.

The rest can be protected with some general care while using the car.

I once had a coconut tree branch fall on my bonnet and even boot lid and it left a small kink. No paint damage.

In 5 years of owing a Linea T Jet, there were no scratches on my door sills or door handle pockets or bonnet. Some minor chips on the door edges but not to the extent that it would warrant protecting them nor were they noticeable.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 17:30   #705
BHPian

Took the delivery on Friday. Mine's the second Abarth Punto in Vijayawada, first one being BHPian chase_nt's ex-car. The car is a head turner for sure!

Planning to upgrade the rubber to Continental MC5 in stock profile (195/55/R16) and swapping stock halogen bulbs with LEDs.

Ownership thread will be up in a fortnight.

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-20190111_161952compressed.jpg

Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review-img20190112wa0013.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks