Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2019, 18:04   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Anyone running 195/60 R15 tyres on their Figo ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
AbhinavS does on his Figo. Not sure his side profile is 55 or 60..
Thanks Tharian, I have gone with the OEM Figo S size 195/55-R15 from Day 1. 60 profile should also be possible as the wheel well can accommodate it but not sure if the handling will suffer or not due to the taller profile. Comfort will surely increase.
Old 1st July 2019, 18:47   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks Tharian, I have gone with the OEM Figo S size 195/55-R15 from Day 1. 60 profile should also be possible as the wheel well can accommodate it but not sure if the handling will suffer or not due to the taller profile. Comfort will surely increase.
I'll be most probably trying out the 195/60 when time comes for a change. The reason being MRF Perfinza comes in that size and I want to try it out.
Hopefully it doesn't affect the handling too much.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 19:39   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoy_s View Post
Hi Guys,
A friend of mine has just booked the Figo Petrol (not going for the Diesel for some reasons even though he would have loved to) in Coimbatore. However, he is a little concerned about the real world mileage of the car. Though the Sales guy claims 15 kmpl for the new dragon series 3 cylinder 1.2L engine as against the outgoing 4 cylinder 1.2 L one's 12 kmpl in the city.
If anyone owns one here, let me know the mileage that you are getting in the city and on the highway. Thanks in anticipation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Real world mileage hovers between 11.5 to 13 kmpl within city
I second to BHPian Blow Horn about the Real world FE of the 1.2L Dragon engine.
A friend is using the Freestyle 1.2L Dragon petrol and he gets around 10-12 KMPL(100% AC on) in Delhi NCR. However, out on the highway, he does extract upwards of 15kmpl. On a side note, this new 1.2L Dragon in much better than the outgoing 4 cylinder Ti-VCT in terms of the low end grunt and driving it in the city at slow speeds is almost effortless, as mentioned by many in the forum.
MrBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 13:45   #1309
BANNED

If anyone wants to access readings of various sensors and things iike Coolant temperatures, Digital Speedometer, Battery Voltage, LED test via the display showing the km, average etc, then please PM me (cause the Ford Guy who told me said specifically not to leak it out)
Basically getting an external OBD-2 software for measuring various reading to analyse performance is pointless, because of the above trick, in a true hot hatch like the Figo.
A true rally car, atleast mine is in its current avatar.
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 14:41   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
If anyone wants to access readings of various sensors and things iike Coolant temperatures, Digital Speedometer, Battery Voltage, LED test via the display showing the km, average etc, then please PM me (cause the Ford Guy who told me said specifically not to leak it out)
Basically getting an external OBD-2 software for measuring various reading to analyse performance is pointless, because of the above trick, in a true hot hatch like the Figo.
Do let us know. The previous gen Figo had that party trick. Don't think this has to be a secret.

OBD2 is a useful hardware not just for showing read-outs, it helps in a diagnosing fault codes.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 00:04   #1311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Do let us know. The previous gen Figo had that party trick. Don't think this has to be a secret.

OBD2 is a useful hardware not just for showing read-outs, it helps in a diagnosing fault codes.
Find out for yourself or I can PM you if you wish, but I got to keep the trust of the person that has been confided in me.
Old 6th July 2019, 12:50   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the trick
Old 16th July 2019, 15:07   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Even I am running same profile from day1. Curious to know if there will be considerable difference between 55 & 60. If i recall correctly from my Punto days 195/55 R15 had very limited options to buy from.
Old 19th July 2019, 11:47   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
That's good info you got there yourself. But how does a secret remain a secret when shared via PM. You are still sharing the knowledge to others. My moto is if you want to keep a secret don't even share it to anyone no matter who. Your intention might be good but the person who acquires knowledge from you might not be as obliged as you, not to share anywhere else or maybe in this forum itself.
So if you are deciding to share why not share here unless its something illegal or void warranty or might screw somethings.
susheel_kainat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 15:20   #1315
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheel_kainat View Post
That's good info you got there yourself. But how does a secret remain a secret when shared via PM. You are still sharing the knowledge to others. My moto is if you want to keep a secret don't even share it to anyone no matter who. Your intention might be good but the person who acquires knowledge from you might not be as obliged as you, not to share anywhere else or maybe in this forum itself.
So if you are deciding to share why not share here unless its something illegal or void warranty or might screw somethings.
The point of sharing it via PM is that I have trust on the amazing community we have here at Team-Bhp and I don't have any problem sharing it with a member, cause to be a member of Team-Bhp does mean that the chances of that person being ethical are high, which bring me to your second point, that I have trust on the members recieving the info via PM that they wouldn't let it to any random person (read ethical).

I don't wish to share it here because I don't wish the crawalers on web to find this information. Since, you aren't told about this feature while buying the car, and it isn't mentioned anywhere in the user manuals or the internet, gives me the right to share it anyway I deem fit.

Why else do you think Team-Bhp has PMs anyway?
Old 19th July 2019, 15:35   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will this work only for Figo or also other Ford Vehicles ?
Old 19th July 2019, 18:07   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Basically getting an external OBD-2 software for measuring various reading to analyse performance is pointless, because of the above trick, in a true [hot hatch like the Figo.
Quote:
The point of sharing it via PM is that I have trust on the amazing community we have here at Team-Bhp and I don't have any problem sharing it with a member, cause to be a member of Team-Bhp does mean that the chances of that person being ethical are high, which bring me to your second point, that I have trust on the members recieving the info via PM that they wouldn't let it to any random person (read ethical).

I don't wish to share it here because I don't wish the crawalers on web to find this information. Since, you aren't told about this feature while buying the car, and it isn't mentioned anywhere in the user manuals or the internet, gives me the right to share it anyway I deem fit.

Why else do you think Team-Bhp has PMs anyway?
Okay!! That's nice usage of Private-Message for ethical purpose. But somehow it contradicts with your statement (shown in bold above) of your ethics towards your Ford Guy.
Anyway as you said, you have the rights to share the information the way you like.
Cheers Bro !!
susheel_kainat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 20:02   #1318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheel_kainat View Post
Okay!! That's nice usage of Private-Message for ethical purpose. But somehow it contradicts with your statement (shown in bold above) of your ethics towards your Ford Guy.
Anyway as you said, you have the rights to share the information the way you like.
Cheers Bro !!
Its not like the person at Ford who told me figured it out himself, he obviously learnt it during his training. I believe if he trusted me with that trick, he was sure that I wasn't a type of person who will mess with it. I'm just carrying that legacy.
I'm out
Old 19th July 2019, 20:29   #1319
BHPian

All Figo / Aspire & Freestyle owners with SEP 2017 to April 2019 manufactured cars need to visit Ford for Recall due to wiring harness replacement for BMS.

Story first broke by FZ Rider here at Aspire thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
It is related to body control module reprogramming. It may be VIN specific.
Now it seems official.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 14:26   #1320
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Abhi for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I own a Smoke Grey 2017 Ford Figo 1.5D Titanium and I thought of sharing my experience related to the car's mileage, since that's the only thing I have data for.

The car is running on 185/65 R14 Yokohama Earth 1 tyres right from day 1. It runs with AC 100% of the time. 80% of the running is in (Bangalore) city, while 20% is on the highway. Every time fuel is filled till auto cut off (whenever it is filled for full tank). The car runs on Essar diesel most of the time.

Attached are screenshots showing the log of the fill-up app which I use to track the mileage. I have also attached 2 pics of my car.
Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130320.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130335.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130356.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130414.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130432.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130445.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130501.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130522.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190806130551.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-dsc_0731.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-dsc_0733.jpg
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks