Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2016, 19:12   #766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Guys
I just read on another forum in which a member was definite that the top speed of our Figos have been limited ?

Is this true?

Please shed some light karan561, espraveen
The Titanium+ trim comes with a driver programmable speed limiter. There cannot be another factory programmed speed limit.

But that being said,who in their right minds would want to test or break the supposed 180 kmph speed limit on our roads?
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 20:09   #767
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Have just compiled my 9 month, 9000Km ownership review of my Figo Titanium Plus 1.5 TDCi, alongwith a g-tech pro timed 0-100 run. Have a look here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...plus-tdci.html
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 08:22   #768
BHPian

Quote:
... the S.A. wasn't well informed and must be too lazy to find out because as you said, it does sound amusing. The reason I say this is because I must have a number of videos on Youtube where this speed limit thing occurs. It is seen clearly in those videos that the speed has been electronically limited.
Even asked the ford live chat team, they didn't know either, obviously...
Yes! You are right. The S.A. had no clue about the possibility of speed limiting by Ford. He just expressed his opinion I think!!
And, I guess, the speed limit thing, if at all it's there, could be on the export models (the Ka+). Those models may have a slightly different chassis (certain parts of it) resulting in better dynamics making it a distant possibility to achieve the speeds mentioned. In any case, those speeds evoke scary feelings, especially when thought of w.r.t. to Indian roads including national highways
Old 27th November 2016, 08:37   #769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I just read on another forum in which a member was definite that the top speed of our Figos have been limited ?

Is this true?

Please shed some light karan561, espraveen

A shade over 180km/h is achieveable easily
karan561 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 09:11   #770
BHPian

Need a confirmation from the owners of Figo/Aspire. I did not see any mention of child anchor fix or tether hooks in the official brochure. I did not also any tether hooks at the back of the rear seat in the official review photos as well. Can I request the owners to confirm if I missed it and it can be retrofitted while taking delivery?
Old 27th November 2016, 11:58   #771
Senior - BHPian

I recently took test drive of a FIGO and it did not have the ISOFIX or the tether hooks.
Also i would like to mention that i did try to find a ISOFIX seat but there are not many options. I would settle for "R for rabbit " and likes of that.
Old 27th November 2016, 11:58   #772
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The Titanium+ trim comes with a driver programmable speed limiter. There cannot be another factory programmed speed limit.

But that being said,who in their right minds would want to test or break the supposed 180 kmph speed limit on our roads?
Like I said, its better to know how capable your kid is rather than getting him embarrassed by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Have just compiled my 9 month, 9000Km ownership review of my Figo Titanium Plus 1.5 TDCi, alongwith a g-tech pro timed 0-100 run. Have a look here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...plus-tdci.html
Awesome review.
It truly is a hot freaking hatch.
I'm sure a time of 9.xx is easily achievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Yes! You are right. The S.A. had no clue about the possibility of speed limiting by Ford. He just expressed his opinion I think!!
And, I guess, the speed limit thing, if at all it's there, could be on the export models (the Ka+). Those models may have a slightly different chassis (certain parts of it) resulting in better dynamics making it a distant possibility to achieve the speeds mentioned. In any case, those speeds evoke scary feelings, especially when thought of w.r.t. to Indian roads including national highways
My S.A. had no idea either when I called him yesterday. He was like I'll get back to you.
I really like the black and white editions of Ka+. Maybe Ford India has something like this in store in the coming year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
A shade over 180km/h is achieveable easily
Finally something which makes me relieved.
Thanks mate.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 16:52   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Need a confirmation from the owners of Figo/Aspire. I did not see any mention of child anchor fix or tether hooks in the official brochure. I did not also any tether hooks at the back of the rear seat in the official review photos as well. Can I request the owners to confirm if I missed it and it can be retrofitted while taking delivery?
There is no isofix mountings available in the Figo twins and I don't think it can be retrofitted either.

Perhaps you will have to make use of the adult seatbelt only like I am doing.
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 16:58   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Perhaps you will have to make use of the adult seatbelt only like I am doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Also i would like to mention that i did try to find a ISOFIX seat but there are not many options. I would settle for "R for rabbit " and likes of that.
Dear desideep/teemus,

Really grateful for your prompt response. Will certainly do as instructed.

Warm regards,
Arun
Old 29th November 2016, 19:50   #775
BHPian

I am currently in the market for a new hatchback and I'm considering the Ford Figo Diesel. I was initially considering the Petrol variants of i20/Jazz/Baleno since my monthly running would be 1000 kms max. However, The Figo 1.5D is priced cheaper and we all know that it's an amazing car to drive. This car will be my secondary car. So I wanted to know from all of you Figo owners whether I should go ahead with the car or not. How's the Maintenance/Fuel Economy of the Diesel Figo and does the car suffer from any niggles/issues? I've always used Petrol cars and the Figo would be my Second diesel car( Also have a 1.6 S-Cross) and I'm planning to use it for the Next 4-5 years only.
I'm looking at the Titanium/Titanium Plus Variants. Any idea about what kind of deals I can get in December?
Thanks
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 20:37   #776
BANNED

It looks like Ford has silently added ABS and EBD to the trend variants of Figo and Aspire:

To avoid any confusion, here is an on site comparo to show the presence of ABS + EBD in both petrol and diesel Trend trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-figo1.jpg  

Last edited by SDP : 29th November 2016 at 21:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts as requested
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 22:35   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
... How's the Maintenance/Fuel Economy of the Diesel Figo and does the car suffer from any niggles/issues? I've always used Petrol cars and the Figo would be my Second diesel car( Also have a 1.6 S-Cross....
Here's the fuel economy summary of my Figo TDCi Titanium so far :
Date Range NOV 2015 — NOV 2016
(13 months)
Fuel Economy (avg) 21.65 KM/L
Fuel Economy (min) 18.44 KM/L
Fuel Economy (max) 24.37 KM/L
Distance Driven 40469 kilometers
(3113 per month)

The only niggles my car's had so far are the rattles (one bothersome, fixed by the service center, the others feeble ones) coming from the doors. Otherwise, the car has been perfectly reliable so far. Yes, the diesel clatter is a little pronounced in this 1.5 TDCi engine, especially in lower gears (which I've gotten used to gradually) .

P. S.: The Figo TDCi will be the perfect junior pal to your 1.6 S-Cross
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 23:46   #778
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
It looks like Ford has silently added ABS and EBD to the trend variants of Figo and Aspire:

To avoid any confusion, here is an on site comparo to show the presence of ABS + EBD in both petrol and diesel Trend trim.
That's a great move by Ford. This addition of these safety features to the trend variant makes the Figo even more value-for-money. I guess this is one of the best diesel hatchbacks one can buy under Rs. 10-Lakh. It's a brilliant package. Wish it sells more.
Old 30th November 2016, 08:53   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
(13 months)
Fuel Economy (avg) 21.65 KM/L
For the whole 13 months, you are getting an average of 21.65! What is your driving pattern and traffic conditions? Do you drive light footed? Is it MID figures or tankful?

I got 17.5 kmpl for the very first tankful with mixed traffic and driving conditions and with a/c on mostly.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:08   #780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
That's a great move by Ford. This addition of these safety features to the trend variant makes the Figo even more value-for-money. I guess this is one of the best diesel hatchbacks one can buy under Rs. 10-Lakh. It's a brilliant package. Wish it sells more.
To correct you, This is the best peformance hatch money could buy this side of 20 lakhs. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
For the whole 13 months, you are getting an average of 21.65! What is your driving pattern and traffic conditions? Do you drive light footed? Is it MID figures or tankful?

I got 17.5 kmpl for the very first tankful with mixed traffic and driving conditions and with a/c on mostly.
I have been getting similar figures, 20.5 - 22.0 km/l.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks