Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 22:40   #556
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
And I wish every other vehicle on the road was also on stock headlights and every other driver has the sense to dip their lights as and when required. But sadly that's not the case!

Well! if Philips Xtreme Vision Plus wouldn't make things better then I guess I'll have to explore other options
So you too want to join their rat race Jokes apart, please be warned any higher spec light would demand wiring changes and may impact warranty. Let me know if you come across better option than Philips XVP!
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 22:50   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
So you too want to join their rat race.. Jokes apart, please be warned any higher spec light would demand wiring changes and may impact warranty. Let me know if you come across better option than Philips XVP!
I want to stay away from the 'rat race' as well

I'll probably experiment with either Osram Night Breakers or Philips XVPs (there aren't many options available really) and see how things work out! (or may be it's my eyes needing a glasses upgrade )

Last edited by espraveen : 6th July 2016 at 22:52.
Old 6th July 2016, 22:56   #558
BHPian

RING,HELLA are other options provided to manage to get them.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 09:28   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dr_figo View Post
Finally got my plates today. About the headlights, I too find them to be a bit below par. Thinking of upgrading to osram night breakers.
Hello, I am planning to purchase the Figo and was wondering how their blue color suits this car. It would be extremely helpful for me if you would kindly share some more pics of the car in daylight. Thank you so much and safe driving!

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 10th July 2016 at 09:28. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 10th July 2016, 10:53   #560
BHPian

Blue on this car looks gorgeous but I suggest you take a look at the car yourself because most colours look a bit different on screens and on paper than in the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Hello, I am planning to purchase the Figo and was wondering how their blue color suits this car.
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 11:20   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
I am planning to purchase the Figo and was wondering how their blue color suits this car. It would be extremely helpful for me if you would kindly share some more pics of the car in daylight.
Nice to see a fellow lover of blue cars! When I was considering the Figo, I kept oscillating between the red (Ruby Red) and blue (Deep Impact Blue) colours, so I collected a bunch of photos from TBHP itself, of both the Figo and Aspire. Here goes...
Ford Figo : Official Review-_dsc3062.jpg
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_2678.jpg
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_3454.jpg
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_3528.jpg
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_3623.jpg

Moderator mobike008 has a blue Aspire, and he's posted a bunch of pictures in his ownership review.

Note that the Deep Impact Blue of the 2015 Figo is darker than the blues Ford has previously issued (the older one was called Kinetic Blue and was available on the 2010 Figo, 2011 Fiesta and EcoSport).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Blue on this car looks gorgeous but I suggest you take a look at the car yourself because most colours look a bit different on screens and on paper than in the flesh.
^ Seconded.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 12:59   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Nice to see a fellow lover of blue cars! When I was considering the Figo, I kept oscillating between the red (Ruby Red) and blue (Deep Impact Blue) colours, so I collected a bunch of photos from TBHP itself, of both the Figo and Aspire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Thanks a lot for the pics share! And yes jetti you are absolutely right about having a look with the naked eye, but this is just until I get time to go to the dealer. At least from the pics on the screen, the blue looks superb on the aspire and I'm sure will look great on the Figo too.

And must I say, these darker colors beg for a rim upgrade even more, as the small shiny alloys stand out more against the dark metallic blue paint.

Regds
Old 12th July 2016, 11:52   #563
Senior - BHPian

Has any Figo Titanium+ owner tried to update the Sync software to the latest version? I received an Sync s/w update notification on the Ford Owner's website and am skeptical about going ahead with the update.
Ford Figo : Official Review-updte.jpg
Old 16th July 2016, 15:58   #564

Hello everyone, am in the process of getting a figo too and the dealer offered me Ford credit with 8.99% interest rate. Should I go for it ? Does anyone know how good (or bad) ford credit is ? I mean, is there any hidden clause or fees that I should be aware about ? Am not familiar with it, hence the vague question. Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 17:12   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanavas View Post
Hello everyone, am in the process of getting a figo too and the dealer offered me Ford credit with 8.99% interest rate. Should I go for it ? Does anyone know how good (or bad) ford credit is ? I mean, is there any hidden clause or fees that I should be aware about?
Internationally, Ford Credit has been running for a long while, with its entry into India happening only in 2015.

In itself, if you're happy with the terms, you can go for it since it is backed by Ford itself. However, do check with your primary bank via your relationship manager if they will offer terms better than Ford - if you're salaried, or if you have a business, the bank might offer better flexibility to known/preferred customers.

Take a look at the Ford Credit site, in particular their service charges to ensure that your Ford Credit representative is not giving you the run-around on any finer points.
Old 16th July 2016, 17:39   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Internationally, Ford Credit has been running for a long while, with its entry into India happening only in 2015.

In itself, if you're happy with the terms, you can go for it since it is backed by Ford itself. However, do check with your primary bank via your relationship manager if they will offer terms better than Ford - if you're salaried, or if you have a business, the bank might offer better flexibility to known/preferred customers.

Take a look at the Ford Credit site, in particular their service charges to ensure that your Ford Credit representative is not giving you the run-around on any finer points.
Thanks a lot Arun, for this quick reply. I am mainly attracted by the low interest rates Ford is offering. I was paying 11 % for my previous car and that too with a bank in which I had a salary account in. Also, the sales person at ford is throwing in a couple of OEM accessories if I go the Ford credit way, which made me happy but doubtful about this whole deal at the same time. But as you suggested, I will talk to my bank again and see if they can match Ford credit.
Thanks again
Old 16th July 2016, 23:14   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Arun, for this quick reply. I am mainly attracted by the low interest rates Ford is offering. I was paying 11 % for my previous car and that too with a bank in which I had a salary account in. Also, the sales person at ford is throwing in a couple of OEM accessories if I go the Ford credit way, which made me happy but doubtful about this whole deal at the same time. But as you suggested, I will talk to my bank again and see if they can match Ford credit.
Thanks again
I would suggest to go for a loan with zero preclosure charges. Although it may take some to get approved from the likes of SBI etc., its worth the wait. You would surely be able to pay up the money in a couple of years. Driving a HP free car is a relief in itself.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 01:36   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Arun, for this quick reply. I am mainly attracted by the low interest rates Ford is offering. I was paying 11 % for my previous car and that too with a bank in which I had a salary account in. Also, the sales person at ford is throwing in a couple of OEM accessories if I go the Ford credit way, which made me happy but doubtful about this whole deal at the same time. But as you suggested, I will talk to my bank again and see if they can match Ford credit...
That's a very good ROI @ 9% ! You just need to get all the charges put in a mail and sent to you. Please ask the SA also to mention specifically that there are no hidden charges and everything is mentioned in the mail.

As suggested, please check pre-closure charges too, SBI allows a free pre-closure after 36 months (for a 5 year loan) while some banks charge a fee for pre-closure.

You may also haggle on the processing fee and there is a high chance that they'll waive off some percentage of it or offer accessories worth that amount to you. Flash the cheque at regular intervals (during negotiation) to woo them.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 15:24   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I would suggest to go for a loan with zero preclosure charges. Although it may take some to get approved from the likes of SBI etc., its worth the wait. You would surely be able to pay up the money in a couple of years. Driving a HP free car is a relief in itself.
Yeah, as you've already mentioned, only government owned banks offer zero foreclosure charges. Getting a loan from them is itself a complicated and time consuming affair. Ford credit shows a 3% charge after a year for foreclosure, I think I can live with that.
Shanavas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 15:33   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a very good ROI @ 9% ! You just need to get all the charges put in a mail and sent to you. Please ask the SA also to mention specifically that there are no hidden charges and everything is mentioned in the mail.

As suggested, please check pre-closure charges too, SBI allows a free pre-closure after 36 months (for a 5 year loan) while some banks charge a fee for pre-closure.

You may also haggle on the processing fee and there is a high chance that they'll waive off some percentage of it or offer accessories worth that amount to you. Flash the cheque at regular intervals (during negotiation) to woo them.
Sure! I will get everything down in writing. I've had my fair share of false promises fed to me when I bought my first car. But that got me prepared for this purchase. I bargained hard and the SA has now started to crack and is offering accessories and discounts and low interest rates, but am still playing hard to get Lets see how low can they go..
Shanavas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks