Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 19:43   #481
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I have just taken delivery of the Figo DCT last week and my current fuel efficiency is 8.5 KMPL. I am hoping that, it'll improve in the coming days and stabilize to what you have mentioned here.

What was the initial mileage, that your car delivered?
Dear Sir,

The initial fuel efficiency delivered by my Dad's Figo was close to 10 Km/ltr.

I am not hoping my dad's Figo DCT to cross 14 Km/ltr in urban conditions(Surat City) any day for the below mentioned reasons:-
1. Its an automatic.
2. 1.5 Liter Engine with 112ps(fuel efficiency inversely proportional to power) IMHO.
3. 100% AC on all the time.
4. My dad's area of usage for the car, is in highly dense traffic condition.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Old 30th May 2016, 20:59   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
There is something wrong with the AC filter. I too had to get it changed at 18000 KM.....

Question around the balancing/alignment - Is it mandatory to get it done in every service, every 10K...
The AC filter in my car wasn't that bad! It was working just fine. I replaced it only to ensure that the AC's performance doesn't go down (my usage is a bit on the heavier side - 3000KM/month with the AC on all the time ) In fact, the S. A. had recommended only to clean and reuse it.

As far as wheel alignment /balancing is concerned, I am getting it done every 10K KMs as a habit. Moreover, periodic balancing /alignment helps in ensuring the tyres are in good shape IMO. The reason to get it done at the dealer is because there aren't good enough alignment /balancing shops where I live!!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 22:14   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Isn't 20k too less for the filter to be changed?
My Vento and Micra is recommend to change the a/c filter every 10000 kms. I do not think 20000 km is too early. For both my cars, I learned to DIY clean the a/c filter myself if I feel it to be clogged. If you can learn to DIY clean the filter of the Figo, it will be good; and please do post the procedure on the forum for the benefit of others.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 23:47   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
My Vento and Micra is recommend to change the a/c filter every 10000 kms. I do not think 20000 km is too early. For both my cars, I learned to DIY clean the a/c filter myself if I feel it to be clogged. If you can learn to DIY clean the filter of the Figo, it will be good; and please do post the procedure on the forum for the benefit of others.
Thank you! The thing is it gets clogged easily. I changed it at 18k and now it is around 21k. When it was changed you heard absolutely no noise (of air churning) from the blower at position 2. Now I have started hearing some noise. That is a good test to know it is getting clogged.

Between, blower position 4 in the Figo is akin to calling a typhoon inside the car

During the service I did not pay much attention to how they did it. Could only see that it is next to the clutch. I like to wield a screwdriver every now and then although only for small fixes in the car Yet to become an expert like others on TBHP. Will try and share the same here.

Info - If one does not get this thing changed during the service Ford said they will charge around 700 for the filter and labor. During the service they did not charge for labor separately.
Old 31st May 2016, 16:51   #485
BHPian

Has anyone bought waterproof mats for the figo? The mats that came with the car are not waterproof. Are any decent mats available on flipkart or snapdeal?
Old 31st May 2016, 17:22   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Has anyone bought waterproof mats for the figo? The mats that came with the car are not waterproof. Are any decent mats available on flipkart or snapdeal?
Maxspider 3D mats for the Ecosport are a near perfect fit or the new Figo. You could try those. I have it in my Figo.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:44   #487
BHPian

Hi guys,
i am on a lookout for buying a hatch asap with budget of 7 to 7.5 lacs and have recently booked baleno petrol delta half heartedly. Waiting period was initially given as 4-6 months which now got extended.
Somehow i am not happy with this(even wifey not impressed with Baleno) and hence looking at other options within my budget, Figo Trend TDCI seems to be perfect. My question is that how is the braking ability as Trend variant does not come with ABS? Is it fine to live without ABS in figo?

My previous car was punto with ABS and had very good brakes and expect the same somewhat if not better.
Sudhindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:23   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Hi guys,
i am on a lookout for buying a hatch asap with budget of 7 to 7.5 lacs and have recently booked baleno petrol delta half heartedly. Waiting period was initially given as 4-6 months which now got extended.
Somehow i am not happy with this(even wifey not impressed with Baleno) and hence looking at other options within my budget, Figo Trend TDCI seems to be perfect. My question is that how is the braking ability as Trend variant does not come with ABS? Is it fine to live without ABS in figo?

My previous car was punto with ABS and had very good brakes and expect the same somewhat if not better.
Why don't you take a test drive. ABS only kicks in under certain situations so even if you test drive the titanium you will get to know of the basic brake feel and how it compares to the punto . In most reviews like the one below the Figo's braking ability has been highly complemented.

https://www.motorbeam.com/2015/12/ca...bolt-shootout/

If you choose figo trend over baleno delta you also lose
electrically folding ovrm's
rear wiper
auto climate control
massive boot
interior space
You do get a much faster diesel hatch though
bullrun87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 16:25   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quick query to the Figo owners. How is the in-cabin insulation from outside ambient noise? Also noted in the Aspire thread that the driver side roof does not have any insulation causing the rain drops on the roof to sound very loud inside the cabin. Is that the case with the Figo as well? Any owners who have driven it in rains have any comment on this?
Old 7th June 2016, 10:20   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Quick query to the Figo owners. How is the in-cabin insulation from outside ambient noise? Also noted in the Aspire thread that the driver side roof does not have any insulation causing the rain drops on the roof to sound very loud inside the cabin. Is that the case with the Figo as well? Any owners who have driven it in rains have any comment on this?
Considering that the Figo was launched sometime in October/November 2015; rains would have passed by then in most parts of the country. Guys in cities where it rains occasionally - cities like Bangalore/south Indian cities may confirm, please?
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:02   #491
BHPian

Never noticed it till now.
And it's raining big in Kerala where I'm based out of. Have to do 400-500 kms of highway drive every weekend in the rains and one observation is that the wipers are so-so only. Liveable, though.
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 15:01   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
... driver side roof does not have any insulation causing the rain drops on the roof to sound very loud inside the cabin. Is that the case with the Figo as well? Any owners who have driven it in rains have any comment on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Considering that the Figo was launched sometime in October/November 2015; rains would have passed by then in most parts of the country. Guys in cities where it rains occasionally - cities like Bangalore/south Indian cities may confirm, please?
I've driven my Figo TDCi several times while it was raining and the sound from rain drops has never been more than expected (in fact, it could not dominate the usual sound that comes from the diesel engine ). One thing that has been more bothersome to me are the poor headlights (they aren't good enough during a normal night drive, one can only imagine their performance if it's raining too!!)
Old 7th June 2016, 20:18   #493
BHPian

How do I find the engine number of the Figo. In the form 21 and 22 provided to me by Ford they have written the last seven digits of the Vin number as the engine number. This is going to appear in my RC. So for Ford cars do the last 7 digits of the Vin represent the engine number? This sounds weird to me. Can someone check their RC and confirm.
Old 7th June 2016, 21:53   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
... Can someone check their RC and confirm.
Yes! that's the engine number(the last seven digits of the chassis number that is!!). That's how it is mentioned on my Figo's RC!
Old 7th June 2016, 22:01   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Yes! that's the engine number(the last seven digits of the chassis number that is!!). That's how it is mentioned on my Figo's RC!
Hey, thanks for replying. I have owned a string of Maruti's which had different vins and engine numbers and this was quite weird for me . I think most other cars have different/ unrelated Vin and engine numbers.

Last edited by bullrun87 : 7th June 2016 at 22:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks