Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2024, 11:58   #1576
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Please get the car checked for accidental repair. Front fender and the rear quarter pannel are definitely redone, maybe it was just a minor fender bender but to make sure it's nothing serious.
Regarding the jerking, the egr or soot blockage in the exhaust can cause the car to feel like it's jerky in lower gears. A clean fixed my cousins Aspire and made it pull like a train again. Another thing to look at is the gear link bush. Its a small 800rs part but can leave you stranded as the gear lever is stuck in a gear when it breaks. Best to get that change too every 50k km.
Other than that the Figo is a great, reliable car that's very well balanced. It can be a lot of fun to drive when you want to, very efficient if you drive it properly and is cheap to maintain. The quality is also much better than any maruti/hyundai for the same price.

Last edited by Doge : 7th October 2024 at 12:02.
Doge is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2024, 18:14   #1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbk__Audiophile View Post
I'd recommend changing the oil, cabin, and air filters in the car. This would keep the engine fresh since it's having a remap.
The best part is that all this would cost less than a Maruti Service. Again, Ford service is recommended.
Thanks for the recommendations. I have got it serviced with shell helix 5w30 and the car is more silent now. I haven't got the cabin filter changed, will do it soon. The guy told me that the brake pads were changed last year so will upgrade when it's time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Please get the car checked for accidental repair. Front fender and the rear quarter pannel are definitely redone, maybe it was just a minor fender bender but to make sure it's nothing serious.

Regarding the jerking, the egr or soot blockage in the exhaust can cause the car to feel like it's jerky in lower gears.
Thanks for your reply. The guy did tell me about a cow incident and bumper repaint. I'll get it checked though. I look into your suggestions regarding the egr, is it diy?

I am aware of the prominent gear bush issue and will get it inspected! My family is already liking it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th October 2024 at 18:28. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
hesoyam_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2024, 22:10   #1578
BHPian

Regarding the clutch, ideally it should be smooth with a progressive engagement. As it has done 1L+ and factoring in the additional torque from the remap, there is a possibility that the clutch has reached its end of life. Also the tdci doesn’t stall that easily as it regulates the rpm by itself even if your clutch inputs aren’t sufficient to may start from a slope I myself have a wolf tuned ecosport tdci, the clutch is smooth and well weighted and I have done close to 70k now. Please check the clutch condition, if you haven’t already.
parzival is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2024, 23:54   #1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by parzival View Post
Regarding the clutch, ideally it should be smooth with a progressive engagement. As it has done 1L+ and factoring in the additional torque from the remap, there is a possibility that the clutch has reached its end of life. Also the tdci doesn’t stall that easily as it regulates the rpm by itself even if your clutch inputs aren’t sufficient to may start from a slope I myself have a wolf tuned ecosport tdci, the clutch is smooth and well weighted and I have done close to 70k now. Please check the clutch condition, if you haven’t already.
Sorry I couldn’t get time to reply due to busy schedule. I am planning to get a full inspection done from Ford ASC in my city and will go from there. Also, you might got it wrong but the car doesn’t stall, it was just one off instance while I was just test driving. For now it’s just the gear shifts that are not smooth.
hesoyam_007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks