Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 12:32   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Today I did a tankful. The tank had run 765 km and the DTE was showing 123 km, so a total range of 888 km. It gulped 50.88 litres of diesel, giving a fuel efficiency(FE) of 15.04 kmpl. As I mentioned previously I had done a 343 kms round highway trip before this tankful, the balance running has been home-office-home, within the city. This probably has resulted in the highest ever FE extracted from the tank till date.

Not that this is very fuel efficient, but I have observed that the FE has shown an upward trend after the 10K kms service. Also the AC usage on ECO mode might be helping the FE cause. The AC definitely makes a substantial difference on the FE.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-fe-trend-post-10k-km-service.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 14:54   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
My TUV is chugging along well past 12k kilometers. It is time for me to renew the one year insurance. Any suggestions for low premium ? I have bumper to bumper and would want to keep it that way. I am sure many owners here must have renewed theirs by now. So please share your premiums and insurance company.
My TUV3OO is under company car lease. My office did the insurance renewal.

Insurance company: HDFC Ergo General Insurance Co. Ltd.

Sum Insured: Rs. 7,38,575/-

Premium with no claim bonus and nil depreciation: Rs. 13,388/-

I am sure, my office is getting discounted price due to bulk volume.

Last edited by airbus : 7th December 2016 at 14:56. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 15:14   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Premium with no claim bonus and nil depreciation: Rs. 13,388/-
That's a great price, if your cover is the same as Autoindian. I had my cars under the car lease scheme too but never got such a benefit. Our company offers a fake kinds car lease where all expense is borne by the employee. Insurance is renewed personally and we do not get such a group insurance benefit!! Only benefit was some savings on tax.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:34   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on BUG DEFLECTOR for TUV?
I find lots of poor innocent souls (the soul had left & residues were remaining ) every-time I take highway drive and some of them are real hard to scrub off from windshield.
Also will appreciate some info on front & aft bumper guards - but not those STEEL ones types. I am eagerly waiting for that ENDEAVOR kit.

Regards-Sonu
Old 14th December 2016, 15:44   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
I was eagerly awaiting for the reply from EATON, since this did not work. Will playing around with the rear axle anti-roll bar (marked in red in the picture below) help? Pic courtesy: Procrj.

Experts please comment, will substituting the anti-roll bar with a telescopic (hydraulic) bar help in tackling the wheel lift off issue?
Sorry but I don't think it is the anti roll bar.

This is the part of the 5 link suspension and its purpose would be to keep the rear axle straight and pointing forwards.

Playing around with this link won't solve your problem.

However- if you are going for an off road event, you can disconnect the rear anti-roll bar which is towards the front of the axle ( a funny shaped bar which is connected to the chassis and the axle- goes over the prop shaft- extremely complex bar)- to achieve higher axle articulation capacity. But again it won't solve your "traction" problem completely.

I don't think you can add an MLD to this axle. If I am not wrong there was some export variant of Genio which had an LSD axle similar dimensions. But you will need to modify the mountings to a great extent to make it compatible to the TUV.
1.2TSI7DSG is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 18:06   #1476
Senior - BHPian

I was able to capture my Tank's 11111 km on ODO, reached this milestone 10 days before completing one year
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20161212_131209.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 16th December 2016 at 18:09. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 00:53   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I was able to capture my Tank's 11111 km on ODO, reached this milestone 10 days before completing one year
Congratulations Airbus on reaching that milestone

Nowadays, we don't hear many new issues being reported here on the TUV thread. Does that mean that most, if not all, the initial niggles have been ironed out?

The other day I was surprised to see the niggles thread for the mightly Innova Crysta. Here it is for your reference --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...va-crysta.html

The above thread has been started within 6 months after the launch of this car . Although some TUV owners have faced serious issues with their TUVs, are we lucky not to have a niggles thread for TUV3OO just yet?
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 22:08   #1478
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick drive to a couple of Hoysala temples and the odo crossed the 20K mark. Planning to get 3rd service done on 24th Dec.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dwarf.jpg

I had been having an email conversation with the Bangalore After Sales Area Manager regarding the resonator/vaccum modulator issues and the truck like sound during start up. It ended with a 'technical person' from India Garage Peenya visiting my place and confirming that the few minutes of 'excessive clatter' during first start is normal. He mentioned that this is because of low oil pressure around the rocker arms, which goes away once the engine oil temperature & pressure build up. I have decided to accept his explanation and live with the few minutes of clatter as the alternative is asking them to do something about it and the end result could be 1 small problem morphing into multiple problems

Apart from the above, I have no other complaints from the car and it has been a joy to drive.
procrj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 11:14   #1479
BHPian

Just renewed the policy at the end of the first year with the following figures. Thought it will help others so posting.

Mine is T8 AMT

• Sum Insured - 7,85,400/-
• Driver or Owner Sum Insured - 2 Lac
• Premium - Rs. 16368/-
• Service Tax (15%) - Rs. 2455/-
• Total Premium - 18823/-

Last edited by TaurusAl : 23rd December 2016 at 11:15.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:13   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Just renewed the policy at the end of the first year with the following figures. Thought it will help others so posting.

Mine is T8 AMT

• Sum Insured - 7,85,400/-
• Driver or Owner Sum Insured - 2 Lac
• Premium - Rs. 16368/-
• Service Tax (15%) - Rs. 2455/-
• Total Premium - 18823/-
Thanks for sharing the break-up of the insurance TaurusAl. What is the NCB (No Claim Bonus) that you enjoy?
Old 23rd December 2016, 19:17   #1481
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra TUV long wheelbase spied.
Expanding the TUV line-up this longer SUV is likely to be called the TUV5OO,

Quote:
Mahindra is readying an all-new SUV based on the TUV300 platform. This new SUV was spied for the first time on the outskirts of Chennai. Likely to be called the TUV500, the new Mahindra SUV will share most of its mechanicals from the smaller TUV300.

Apart from the longer length, the spy shot shows a covered third row glass area which hides this SUV’s big secret – a forward-facing third row of seats. With the new-generation platform of the TUV, Mahindra hopes to eat into the sizable Ertiga segment by providing the appeal of an SUV with the practicality and comfort of forward-facing third row typical of the current MPVs.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161223064837_tuv5001.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161223064839_tuv5002.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd December 2016 at 19:19.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 19:39   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1588010
Attachment 1588011

Link
Ugliest possible thing i think of
maybe something aimed at the rural market
eventually, the TUV will replace the Bolero there
Old 23rd December 2016, 23:08   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wonder if this will be a replacement for the aging Xylo. I have already started seeing TUV3OOs in my office area with yellow number plates. Price wise if they position it under the Scorpio, then they can expect good numbers. Obviously engine size should be 1.99 L or higher as with the 1.5 L engine it is not going to gain any excise duty advantage as it will be over 4 metres in length

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Ugliest possible thing i think of
maybe something aimed at the rural market
eventually, the TUV will replace the Bolero there
Definitely this is not going to positioned as M&M's premium offering, for that they have the XUV. Bolero still rules the rural market (especially where there are no roads). If TUV was a replacement for Bolero, then they would not have launched the all new Bolero with the mHawk engine.

M&M's product strategy may seem to be very confusing, but in my opinion, they don't want to leave any segment/range open in the UV space (same like what Maruti does in the small/mid-size car segment)
Old 23rd December 2016, 23:23   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wonder if this will be a replacement for the aging Xylo. I have already started seeing TUV3OOs in my office area with yellow number plates. Price wise if they position it under the Scorpio, then they can expect good numbers. Obviously engine size should be 1.99 L or higher as with the 1.5 L engine it is not going to gain any excise duty advantage as it will be over 4 metres in length

Definitely this is not going to positioned as M&M's premium offering, for that they have the XUV. Bolero still rules the rural market (especially where there are no roads). If TUV was a replacement for Bolero, then they would not have launched the all new Bolero with the mHawk engine.

M&M's product strategy may seem to be very confusing, but in my opinion, they don't want to leave any segment/range open in the UV space (same like what Maruti does in the small/mid-size car segment)
Mahindra being mahindra, and like any indian auto company wants to maximise all the juice out of a particular body style and floor pan which will obviously lead to poor image for current TUV buyers due to this utilitarian derivative
Why does the Nuvosport exist, no one knows, similar would be the response to this one
Because the TUV is rendered a failure after the brezza's arrival, the are now looking at the commercial applications
P.S the bolero with an mHawk is not a 10 year ahead solution
Old 23rd December 2016, 23:51   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Expanding the TUV line-up this longer SUV is likely to be called the TUV5OO
I dont think M&M would change the wheelbase. Looking at the spy shots, it looks like the rear door bulges out a little & rear overhang has increased a little to accommodate the front facing 3rd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Mahindra being mahindra, and like any indian auto company wants to maximise all the juice out of a particular body style and floor pan which will obviously lead to poor image for current TUV buyers due to this utilitarian derivative
I think most TUV owners would agree that "Image" as a parameter is very low on their priority list. Most folks here have purchased the TUV for the space and value it offers and I don't think there is anything wrong in milking an existing base to try and capture a different segment of the market.

Will it challenge the Ertiga? I am not sure but with a 1.99L engine and the creature comforts that come with the TUV, it might just carve out a set of customers for itself. Add a 6 speed gearbox in the mix and M&M will end up having a lot of products in the 10-18L range that might interest a specific set of customers.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks