Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 14:43   #541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Here's my take on the music system.

The speakers are just fine if you listen to old Hindi/English classics. The speakers are no match to today's Hindi Dance or English chart busters as they lack clarity and bass. But this system is much better than what Tatas are offering in their new cars.

I am of the opinion that instead of changing the existing speakers, an amp should be added. Also, dash tweeters will add to the clarity of the music which the OEM speakers lack. I might add a sub woofer as we have a plenty of boot space and I am a bass lover.
How will that help the rattle? In fact, it will add to it. No?
Old 13th January 2016, 14:52   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The speakers are no match to today's Hindi Dance or English chart busters as they lack clarity and bass. But this system is much better than what Tatas are offering in their new cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Are you referring to the Harman systems used in the Bolt, Zest and Zica?
None of the TATA car that Gannu mentioned above have issues with the current chart busters. Zica's review is all praise for the music system. Is TUV's system better than these system? If yes, then there should be absolutely no reason for any complain.
Old 13th January 2016, 15:45   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Are you referring to the Harman systems used in the Bolt, Zest and Zica?
Sorry I don't really know the make the music system is in TATA cars. My TUV Audio is of Nippon and it did sound better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
How will that help the rattle? In fact, it will add to it. No?
I really have no clue how to reduce the rattle from the existing setup. Amplifier will give you louder sound and clarity. If you increase the bass and play the music, the speakers will rattle to an extent, however good they are. But I agree, the existing ones rattle even at a slight bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
None of the TATA car that Gannu mentioned above have issues with the current chart busters. Zica's review is all praise for the music system. Is TUV's system better than these system? If yes, then there should be absolutely no reason for any complain.
None of the owners have complained about TUV's music system and myself too listening to it without any complaints whatsoever. However, if you have an ear for perfection and love your music loud and crystal clear, you will have to upgrade the TUV's setup without a doubt.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 13th January 2016 at 15:57. Reason: typo
Old 13th January 2016, 18:31   #544

Car towed to workshop. For some reason it is not upshifting beyond the 2nd gear in both automatic and manual. Also the check engine light was on. Called RSA and got it towed. Most probably will hear back from workshop tomorrow only.
Thanos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 20:33   #545
BHPian

Quote:
I really have no clue how to reduce the rattle from the existing setup. Amplifier will give you louder sound and clarity. If you increase the bass and play the music, the speakers will rattle to an extent, however good they are. But I agree, the existing ones rattle even at a slight bass.
The stock music system in my Manza wasn't as feature rich as the TUV's, but it sounded better, even on stock speakers. And doors didn't rattle even a fraction of what TUV's do.

I am planning to put a 2 channel amp, and replace the front speakers with components. And door-dampening. Let's see how it goes.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:43   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Car towed to workshop. For some reason it is not upshifting beyond the 2nd gear in both automatic and manual. Also the check engine light was on. Called RSA and got it towed. Most probably will hear back from workshop tomorrow only.
Sad to know this. Looks like the faulty vacuum modulator is the culprit. If it is, I am going straight to the workshop to get it replaced and won't wait for a breakdown on road. How many kilometers have you driven the car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
The stock music system in my Manza wasn't as feature rich as the TUV's, but it sounded better, even on stock speakers. And doors didn't rattle even a fraction of what TUV's do.
The rattling can also be because of the mounting. Maybe the place where speakers are held has no softer material to absorb the vibrations and hence they are jarring on the door plastic.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 10:49   #547
BHPian

This morning I checked with my service adviser as this thing kept bothering me. There is a recall for TUV Vacuum Resonator Fitment. She has given me the appointment of Saturday morning to get it done.

I suggest all the TUV owners to check with the service advisers than waiting for a possible break down in the middle of the road. It's a 1 hour job but can save a lot of hassle and give you a peace of mind when you drive, especially long distance.

I will update once the job is done about the experience and if any more details that I come across during the process.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:54   #548
BANNED

I have heard that Mahindra vehicles are very expensive to get serviced ?
Can TUV300 owners kindly confirm about service charges post free services ?
Thanks in advance, I am now considering TUV300 as my nearest dealer has got it now.
Old 14th January 2016, 22:31   #549
BHPian

TUV owners, so far there are 3 recalls from Mahindra

1. Vacuum Modulator- If you are getting hushing noise on releasing clutch
2. Resonator- If engine check light is continuously shown
3. Fuel Jet- If car loses power on going above 2nd gear and check engine light is shown

I own TUV since Oct and have done 6000 KMs. Faced 3rd problem few days back when car stopped in middle of the highway. Drove car in 2nd gear to workshop and Service Advisor figured out that it’s due to faulty fuel jet. Also, service advisor informed that Mahindra is aware of this issue and fuel jet needs to be changed. Too my surprise even after being a known issue workshop didn’t had the fuel jet to replace so they temporarily fixed it.

Yesterday, got a call from workshop and part will be there this weekend.

My suggestion to all TUV owners, please get your car checked for faulty fuel jet. Its better than having a sudden breakdown.

Last edited by shashant : 14th January 2016 at 22:33.
shashant is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 08:27   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
TUV owners, so far there are 3 recalls from Mahindra.
Generally, there's a news article about such recalls. Also the manufacturers display a service intimation notice. Have not come across such for TUV. Or did I miss it? Is it like Mahindra is aware about the issues and instead of being proactive, they are waiting for the owners?
Old 15th January 2016, 09:40   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3. Fuel Jet- If car loses power on going above 2nd gear and check engine light is shown
Guys, no offence meant to any owners but why are there so many recalls on a newly launched car? I just don't get it! What were M&M testing on all those camouflaged vehicles before launch? It's not like the breakdowns are happening after years of ownership, right? These are relatively new, in fact brand new cars and attending issues one after another is like M&M is using money spending customers as their testers! Their validation department or whomever aren't doing a proper job and I would humbly suggest you guys raise an issue over this through some consumer forum.

I've seen prospective customers of Mahindra accepting quirks and faults as part of their new car experience. But, why? Does M&M compensate you in cash or kind? Why do we have to put up with their faults that could be rectified before launch? Unless someone raises a stink over this, this unethical practice is bound to continue, I'm afraid.

Again, I have nothing against this company or its products but it irks me to see M&M make their customers go through this phase and it's almost taken for granted on their end. Not fair, not fair at all in my humble opinion.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 10:19   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you shashant for listing down the 3 recalls. Fortunately I have not faced any of the above problems till date (touchwood), but you never know. I have the first scheduled service (3000 km) tomorrow. I will get all these three checked nevertheless.

Quote:
I own TUV since Oct and have done 6000 KMs. Faced 3rd problem few days back when car stopped in middle of the highway. Drove car in 2nd gear to workshop and Service Advisor figured out that it’s due to faulty fuel jet. Also, service advisor informed that Mahindra is aware of this issue and fuel jet needs to be changed. Too my surprise even after being a known issue workshop didn’t had the fuel jet to replace so they temporarily fixed it.
Sorry to know about that, but happy that it did not cause any major issue. This faulty fuel jet that you are referring, is it the same like FDM (Fuel Delivery Module) that fellow BHPIan SilverKnight got replaced on his TUV AMT couple of weeks back. You can go through his thread here ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...downshift.html

Please let us know if the faulty fuel jet that you are referring and the FDM that SilverKnight has mentioned are one and the same or different.

Quote:
Yesterday, got a call from workshop and part will be there this weekend. My suggestion to all TUV owners, please get your car checked for faulty fuel jet. Its better than having a sudden breakdown.
Sure, I will get this checked during my tomorrow's scheduled service. Could you please share a picture of this part?
Old 15th January 2016, 11:00   #553
BHPian

Quote:

My question is why so many 'IFs'. Is there no procedure to replace these faulty parts before the breakdown ?

All said and done, I know many TUVs that are running successfully on road without any problem. But who likes to live in fear all the time.

I am planning to visit the service center today for resonator and will check what is their say on fuel delivery module.
Old 15th January 2016, 11:52   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
not upshifting beyond the 2nd gear in both automatic and manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
FDM (Fuel Delivery Module) that fellow BHPIan SilverKnight got replaced on his TUV AMT
Quote:
visit the service center
Shashant - Do you own a Manual or AMT TUV? The vaccum modulator & resonator are know issues but looks like the Fuel Jet/FDM is an issue which is specific to AMTs.
@TaurusAI - you should surely get the the FDM module checked during your visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
why are there so many recalls on a newly launched car?
Every new car has niggles and issues which an OEM cannot fix. While you might have a lot of use cases that you test for while building a new car, you should understand that a lot of this is based on historic data. Specific cause-effect scenarios might have a lot of variables and its almost impossible for a OEM to test every single variation. I have seen testing/optimization scenarios being built and the way its done is to minimize risk with minimal/optimal effort.

Comparing M&M, Tata & MSIL vs VAG, Ford etc is not right as for the former, India is the main market and this is where the new launch is rolled out where as for the latter, EU/Americas is the main market where new cars roll out and the niggles get sorted. If you claim is that VAG/Ford dont have any niggles in the new cars they launch in their primary markets, then please do check other online forums for the same.

Last edited by procrj : 15th January 2016 at 12:10.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 13:00   #555
BHPian

AutoIndian- Unfortunately I had all 3 issues. I m not sure if fuel jet is same part which SilverKnight changed. Service Advisor informed me that issue is due to faulty fuel jet which needs to be replaced. As they didn’t had the part available so they repaired it. I have appointment for Sunday to get the part changed, I will click the photo of the part and post here.

projcrj- I own a Manual TUV. As per service advisor, 3-4 TUVs had already came for this issue. I think this issue is in both AMT and Manual.

Regarding Mahindra after sales service, I will rate it below par. I was experiencing the noise issue during release of clutch and after reading on Team-bhp, went to workshop to get it changed. They didn’t had the part available and had to get it changed after few days during first service. After few days car suddenly start showing “check engine” light and workshop fitted the resonator. Few days back, car suddenly start losing power of going to 3rd gear, again went to workshop and they figured out it’s due to faulty fuel jet but again they didn’t had the part. Now have an appointment on Sunday to get fuel jet changed.

At some other occasions I had to take car again and again to workshop to get same issue fixed. I gave 0 rating during feedback from Mahindra and no action. Wrote 2 emails to customer care still no response, then finally had to thrash them on email and call then they started responding. Still waiting for concrete response from Mahindra on these recalls and pathetic after sales service.
I totally love TUV and was mentally prepared before buying to have some tough time with Mahindra on after sales front but it turned out to be worse.
shashant is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks