Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 16:03   #2266
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

The so called Mahindra's challanger for Maruti's Brezza. Not sure why tiny vehicle gets 140 bhp and the mighty TUV gets 100?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2018 at 23:15. Reason: Maruthi > Maruti.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 14:20   #2267
Distinguished - BHPian

I had posted an update on this thread a couple of months ago on spotting a Tamil Nadu State government-registered TUV 300 in Chennai.

Here's one more that I haven't seen at all till now - a TUV 300 "yellow board" taxi in Kolkata. I can see the sense in the TUV as a relatively frugal 7 seater taxi (with the last 2 seats being a compromise)...but I'm not too sure of passenger-comfort in the 2nd and 3rd rows over bumpy roads at crawling city speeds.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 22:01   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I had posted an update on this thread a couple of months ago on spotting a Tamil Nadu State government-registered TUV 300 in Chennai.

Here's one more that I haven't seen at all till now - a TUV 300 "yellow board" taxi in Kolkata. I can see the sense in the TUV as a relatively frugal 7 seater taxi (with the last 2 seats being a compromise)...but I'm not too sure of passenger-comfort in the 2nd and 3rd rows over bumpy roads at crawling city speeds.
Hi locusjag,
I have seen couple of TUV in yellow board (rare though) in Bangalore. As you rightly pointed with the crawling city speed (Famous Bangalore traffic) passenger comfort will be a compromise.
pious_devil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 13:26   #2269
BHPian

Recently on my trip to hometown I have noticed some weird sounds under the tank. Intially did not bother much, but after reaching my hometown I have noticed that something was hanging down under the tank.

The underbody cladding was hanging and when I pulled it, it came down. So decided to visit MASS, they did not had the part in stock.

They placed an order and got the part in 5 days. Great job by MASS, initially thought they would never call me, but SA made sure I was contacted as soon as the part was in stock, he fixed the appointment and ensured it was resolved in 30 minutes.

Total cost Parts + Labor came around 2,105.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180721_104428.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180721_104453.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 21:55   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
The underbody cladding was hanging and when I pulled it, it came down.
Why was the old one not reattached? It looks fine. In my TUV rats had shredded the foam on the cladding. I got the foam removed and reattached the cladding without the foam. The foam on the cladding is probably for sound deadening or maybe protection from minor impact but didn't think it was really needed. I did not have the cladding replaced on my vehicle.

Last edited by diyguy : 22nd July 2018 at 21:57.
Old 23rd July 2018, 00:24   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Why was the old one not reattached? It looks fine. In my TUV rats had shredded the foam on the cladding. I got the foam removed and reattached the cladding without the foam. The foam on the cladding is probably for sound deadening or maybe protection from minor impact but didn't think it was really needed. I did not have the cladding replaced on my vehicle.
It was not just the foam which was damaged, one of the holes holding the cladding was also damaged and it was hanging.
Old 30th July 2018, 12:16   #2272
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/new-mah...-12275453.html

Mahindra's rival to Brezza and Nexon arrived at a dealer. In my honest opinion it doesn't look that great from back, but we never know.

On a different note, I have been parking my Tank outside under tree shade and noticed that Black Ants are entering inside my cabin. Any idea how to stop them? I sprayed HIT in few places under bonnet but it is not working.
Old 5th August 2018, 12:16   #2273
BHPian

Hello TUV Lovers

I will be completing 3 years of my romance with the tank and should've crossed 40k KMS by then. The tank is doing extremely well, and thanks to MASS service the tank has been well taken care of.

considering the 3 year and 40K milestone, i wanted to seek advice on the battery. I do have some long drives lined up at regular intervals in the up coming months.

1. What do you think is the average durability of the battery?
2. What are the tell tale signs of battery wear-out?
3. Should I pro-actively change the batter or wait longer?

While I know there are pages related to my questions, I wanted to hear from TUV owners from the 2015/16 models.

thanks in advance for the advice.
Old 5th August 2018, 22:08   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
Hello TUV Lovers

I will be completing 3 years of my romance with the tank and should've crossed 40k KMS by then. The tank is doing extremely well, and thanks to MASS service the tank has been well taken care of.

considering the 3 year and 40K milestone, i wanted to seek advice on the battery. I do have some long drives lined up at regular intervals in the up coming months.

While I know there are pages related to my questions, I wanted to hear from TUV owners from the 2015/16 models.

Congratulations Battletank on completing 3 year happy years with the TUV.
Just a few points on your battery query, as a thumb rule I assert that the battery is fine as long as your vehicle starts on the first crank. This thumb rule has worked reliably with my previous vehicles. I had a WagonR and around the 3rd year of ownership during the 30k service the SA asked for a battery change but I stuck to my rule and did not go for the change, the vehicle then did another 1.5 years without a hitch with respect to the battery.
With regular running and without any power hungry amps or electrical fittings 4 years is a reasonable life for the battery remaining is bonus for us.
So watch out for the cranking pattern primarily as a tell tale sign of battery condition, if the vehicle starts in the first crank then you are safe.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 08:57   #2275
Senior - BHPian

After a long time did a short monsoon trip to Khadakwasla Dam --> Neelkanteshwar Temple --> Panshet Dam & back. Sharing few pics. Detailed thread coming up under Travelogues section. Will share the link here.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-11.59.00-pm.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-9.56.10-pm.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-9.56.11-pm2.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-9.56.11-pm.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-9.56.13-pm.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-9.58.30-pm.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180805-9.59.07-pm.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:26   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Detailed thread coming up under Travelogues section. Will share the link here.
Sharing here the link of travelogue thread that has just gone live --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-dam-pune.html
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:30   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Hello TUV Lovers

Congrats for completing 3 yrs with tank.

I have a Jan 2016 T8 model, ODO stands at 61k.
I have seen battery issue started surfacing up, there is a an indication pop up of Vehicle Battery Low in the infotainment system, but it's hardly for a second, the music stops playing and in the meantime we look it goes away. Have got battery charged before going to Leh this year so that I don't face any problem there.

In earlier or initial models, there is a sensor above the battery, it's of no use and even if there is a slight variation in voltage engine will not fire up. Now they have removed that sensor in new models. The technicians also said that it's of no use.

I have my tyre tras also at a diminishing level.
Thinking to get the tyres changed. Has anyone in group changed the tyres, if yes kindly share the details. Also is it advisable to upgrade the tyre size?
dieselburner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:56   #2278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello TUV Lovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Just a few points on your battery query, as a thumb rule I assert that the battery is fine as long as your vehicle starts on the first crank.
I agree with sathyasuri. Even in my earlier car Santro, I never replaced the battery in 5 years. I still had the same battery when I bought the car while selling it off after 5 years. Not even a single day I faced issue with cranking the car or any other electrical failures.

I think with regular usage of the car and proper maintenance, you don't have to worry till you see any symptoms of car not cranking or horn becoming feable or you see your headlights flickering when you horn, and so on.

Just check for the above and you should be good at least for 1 or 1.5 years.

Or please have the health of the battery checked in a shop, where they sell & service batteries to confirm.

Last edited by fusionbang : 6th August 2018 at 23:03.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 09:23   #2279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Has anyone in group changed the tyres, if yes kindly share the details. Also is it advisable to upgrade the tyre size?
I know other TUV owners who have changed to Yoko Geo 235/75/R15 tyres and they are very happy with ride and comfort. Costs anywhere between 7-7.5K per tyre depending on how well you negotiate.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 10:41   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I know other TUV owners who have changed to Yoko Geo 235/75/R15 tyres and they are very happy with ride and comfort. Costs anywhere between 7-7.5K per tyre depending on how well you negotiate.
Thanks procrj , I have also heard some good feedback for Yokohama's.
Will check and update here.

Also anyone changed the battery till now?
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks