Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2018, 10:59   #2251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
4 ft of water is a very tall and exaggerated claim here by the owner/driver.
Here's the full picture.

Regards,
Saket.
If that's 4 foot, I am 16 foot tall
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 13:57   #2252
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Thanks for the information. It was helpful however, I visited MASS and got this resolved.

Interesting remark you made above, can you elobarate? Is it like all filling stations have this problem or just the bad ones? My service rep at MASS said this is due to water formation inside gas station fuel tank, which then gets mixed with fuel.

Soon after this problem surfaced, I stopped fuelling at my regular station and shifted to a company operated fuel station near my office, which was a pain because it is always busy.

Water can find its way in to diesel through multiple sources - trucks which transport diesel to filling stations , leaky lids of underground storage tanks in filling stations etc. This becomes more severe with rains and local flooding.
However , water being heavier than diesel sinks to the bottom of storage tanks and hence not a risk unless until the filling station storage tank level goes very low.

Similarly , in vehicle whatever water / moisture mixed in diesel is separated by the fuel filter and sinks to the bottom. When this level reaches max, a warning lamp is triggered. At this stage the water should be drained.
spkingsley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 18:24   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
I never got more than 13 Kmpl on highway, as I drive AMT. In city its even pathetic, 9-10 Kmpl. I do 60 KM's everyday on my commute to office. Sometimes I curse myself for buying AMT, but again in heavy traffic its a life saver. I think the kerb weight of TUV is the culprit here, 1650 KG's, XUV is around 1810 the base model.
I too drive in city traffic but not a 60km commute
The clean low end torque of MT transmission is quite a lot helpful in city traffic. I took multiple test drives of MT and AMT and decided that it is better for me to stick to MT rather than fight with AMT sluggishness and you-never-know-when-it-givesup feeling.
I get mostly above 12kmpl in city, ac on all the time.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 11:29   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the TUV300 will have to soldier on alone from here on till Mahindra S201 based on Ssangyong Tivoli is launched. Indian Autos Blog has reported that Mahindra Nuvosport has been discontinued from the market owing to dismal sales figures in single digits since last few months to make way for the soon to be launched Mahindra S201.

Link:- https://indianautosblog.com/2018/06/...-report-308208
Old 28th June 2018, 18:44   #2255
BHPian

Now this is the real Tank. The one which I would to own and drive. Great renders by the way, anyone made any modifications to the Tank?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180628_183613.jpg  

Old 28th June 2018, 18:56   #2256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now this is the real Tank. The one which I would to own and drive. Great renders by the way, anyone made any modifications to the Tank?
I have the following list of 'modifications' to be made -
1) Add a rooftop luggage carrier
2) Get a static head-rest installed for the middle passenger in the 2nd row seat. This is to prevent whiplash injuries. A local accessories shop said they can do it. I am stalling for time on this one.
3) This one isn't a modification per se - Just ordered a 3.5 inch ultrafirm seat cushion/riser from Amazon US. My 6'4" frame needs a little bit more elevation in the driver's seat.
4) Install the 7" Mapmyindia/Mahindra OEM supplied touchscreen unit (costs ~Rs.20K)
5) Maybe, just maybe, I could add some underthigh support on all seats by adding cushion material and new seat covers.

Other modifications that were considered but rejected:
- No bullbars, despite bashing an autorickshaw earlier this month in traffic. The law is going to swoop down on bullbars sooner than later.
- No rooftop spotlights, even though Mahindra offers them as an accessory. I can't add to the highbeam menace on our roads at night.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 19:08   #2257
BHPian

Can you share the pics of touchscreen OEM? I have been thinking about it but never got opportunity to get it done. How is the performance? Any complaints?
Old 28th June 2018, 19:16   #2258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the pics of touchscreen OEM? I have been thinking about it but never got opportunity to get it done. How is the performance? Any complaints?
Here's a link to a video of it that I had shared earlier. Feedback-wise, I haven't heard any complaints. Yes, it's not a 100% snappy touchscreen experience but I want it chiefly so that I can get rearward cameras to go with it. The sensors that come in the T8 will be inactivated by Mahindra when installing the cameras and the screen.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4371371
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 18:00   #2259
BHPian

A total of 195 units of TUV300 have been inducted into the Mumbai Police fleet today which will be used as patrolling vehicles. They are replacing Boleros.

Source: rushlane
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:20   #2260
BHPian

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01INCWL0S/..._3eVoBbSZGRRHT

Has anyone tried using this additive in their tank? The reviews are pretty impressive, one review says that engine noice has reduced. Any thoughts? This will suffice one full tank of fuel or approx 2000 kms.
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:49   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Got both the wiper blades changed today morning while coming to office. Left side wiper was leaving a water streak on the windshield after after every wipe. Yesterday morning when I checked I observed that the blade had detached from its base. Hence called up the local MASS, on reaching there, my SA addressed my query immediately. The wiper blades were in stock. Fitted them and paid Rs 518 for the pair and was out in 45 minutes. (Part charges - Rs 483/- & Labor - Rs 35/-). Invoice details in my ownership thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-22.html

Quote:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01INCWL0S/..._3eVoBbSZGRRHT

Has anyone tried using this additive in their tank? The reviews are pretty impressive, one review says that engine noice has reduced. Any thoughts? This will suffice one full tank of fuel or approx 2000 kms.
Haven't tried this. One full tank equals 700 kms approx (depending on fuel efficiency), 2000 kms would be equivalent of 3 tank fulls
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:57   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Haven't tried this. One full tank equals 700 kms approx (depending on fuel efficiency), 2000 kms would be equivalent of 3 tank fulls
Well what I meant was the effect lasts for 2000 KMs as per the wording on the can, but again they also say its sufficient for 50 litres of fuel, with that I think they meant the whole can contents should be mixed with around 50 litres of diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20180703125104860_in.amazon.mshop.android.shopping.png  

Old 3rd July 2018, 16:55   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Well what I meant was the effect lasts for 2000 KMs as per the wording on the can, but again they also say its sufficient for 50 litres of fuel, with that I think they meant the whole can contents should be mixed with around 50 litres of diesel.
Have used it once. The effect lasted for few hundred kms and was just about okay. However, there was some reduction in engine noise but the effect didn't last for long. Nothing amazing to write about. I believe the effect is more in older vehicles. No harm in trying once.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:32   #2264
Senior - BHPian

TUV300 with Adventure Kit. But in the video it is wrongly mentioned as TUV 300 Plus.

This is a love or hate design. But not sure how well they will hold up during the long run.

fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 18:49   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
TUV300 with Adventure Kit. But in the video it is wrongly mentioned as TUV 300 Plus.
I think Mahindra has by now launched THREE such kits.
First one looked like made from third grade plastic & the bonnet scoop was an eye sore
Second was ENDURANCE kit, which for odd-god knows reasons, was priced at almost 50K. I had posted a full post on it on this thread
This ADVENTURE is third such kit & it also looks awful & in fact worse than the first one. The silver paint on plastic looks even cheaper than cheap.

ENDURANCE among them is the best kit but not the whole kit.
I would like is to buy some sections only, like the complete SIDE kit, including wheel arches & rear bumper set. I would avoid those front bumper & front grill individual wedges.

I sincerely wish that MAHINDRA offers us (T8 owners) to upgrade with some cosmetic parts from T10, like those blackened headlights, dark chrome front grill & gunmetal shade on alloys. I also wont mind the T10 rear wheel cover.

I know we can buy them from service centers but what do we do with parts that have been removed from our cars. If MAHINDRA takes them back at some agreed buy-back cost, those can be used on cars that may had some incident & owner is looking for original but cheaper part changes. Just my 2 cents.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 3rd July 2018 at 19:02. Reason: Grammar
ariesonu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks