Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 11:04   #2116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Its really hard to imagine where the side profile difference has gone/adjusted.
I think it is due to the curved doors and B and C pillar in my opinion.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 13:56   #2117
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Its really hard to imagine where the side profile difference has gone/adjusted.
The proportional appearance is an illusion due to narrower doors and wider rear glass area of Bolero. Whereas TUV is spacious in first and middle rows, Bolero is comparatively cramped.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 15:33   #2118
BHPian

I got the firmware updated today in my T10 AMT. The gear changes are better from 2nd and upward. The throttle is now responsive when moving from stop in traffic and I feel it is now a pretty linear response. This is a big improvement for me. I only drove it about 10km post the firmware update and will post more details in about 2 weeks time. I got the reverse camera firmware flashed as well. I have great support by the TVS Service GM and due to this things move very rapidly when I visit. Am very grateful for that.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 13:31   #2119

Hi guys i am planning to purchase a Sun Shade/Blind for my tank. Do let me know if you are using one with feedback for references. Is there any option in the market better than these offered by Mahindra Accessories :- https://www.m2all.com/tuv300-sun-shades-set.html
Old 18th March 2018, 14:32   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK004 View Post
Hi guys i am planning to purchase a Sun Shade/Blind for my tank.
I purchased this but have used it just once. The size of these are pretty unwieldy. It is good for maybe other windows except the driver. For eg at a toll booth or if you need to speak to someone, removing it is a difficult proposition. It also gets stuck between the door edges when you close the door, making it difficult to remove without opening the door. Try it in your car before purchase.
One issue I personally have with the TUV is the visibility is poor, in my opinion, on the right side. The A pillar is pretty huge and the outside rear view mirror is large too. Both these combined, make visibility of traffic from the right difficult to spot. Coupling this with the shades will compound this situation even more.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 13:16   #2121
Senior - BHPian

My left side horn was not working for few weeks. Yesterday I turned the adjustment screw anti-clockwise and it started working. But it might be a temporary fix. Has anyone replaced the horn? Any suggestion for TUV3OO?
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 11:15   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK004 View Post
Hi guys i am planning to purchase a Sun Shade/Blind for my tank. Do let me know if you are using one with feedback for references. Is there any option in the market better than these offered by Mahindra Accessories :- https://www.m2all.com/tuv300-sun-shades-set.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I purchased this but have used it just once. The size of these are pretty unwieldy. It is good for maybe other windows except the driver. For eg at a toll booth or if you need to speak to someone, removing it is a difficult proposition. It also gets stuck between the door edges when you close the door, making it difficult to remove without opening the door. Try it in your car before purchase.
One issue I personally have with the TUV is the visibility is poor, in my opinion, on the right side. The A pillar is pretty huge and the outside rear view mirror is large too. Both these combined, make visibility of traffic from the right difficult to spot. Coupling this with the shades will compound this situation even more.
Don't go for the Mahindra ones. I am using the ones from CoverKraft Magnetic sun shades that I had ordered online from Snapdeal in May 2016. A set of 6 shades costed me Rs 1159/- These shades help to keep the car cabin cool in blazing hot sun. The front two shades have got a zip, which is quite convenient for paying the toll at toll booths without removing the shades. These come with magnets, which make the shades stick to the door frame. The shades for the quarter windows come without magnets, but they fit snugly on the window beading. The cabin remains quite cool even for the rear seat passengers. For pictures and further details you can refer the message in my ownership thread over here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3979671
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 11:25   #2123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
MLD by definition helps when 1 wheel has traction and the other doesn't. In situations where both wheels will loose traction, MLD doesn't help.
There are situations where even all four wheels lose traction and even the 4x4s with M/T tyres, high articulation and differential locks at front and rear are present.

Point is, now the TUV will be probably 4-5 times more capable because a rear differential lock at times makes the car nearly (say 75%) as capable as a 4x4 with open differentials. In other words, the situations where both wheels get stuck will definitely get the TUV stuck; but everywhere else it will be able to be through.

How much difference this small MLD can make, nothing on the youtube explains it better than the video from our mod @.Anshuman:

And the following video gives a very nice idea of what a diff lock can help attain, in the end you will find a Thar doing in 4x2 what others with 4x4 and open diffs were finding hard to do, again thanks to @.Anshuman for these wonderful videos:

Update:
The MLD has reached the workshop and I am occupied, now what do the experts suggest? Shall i wait and drive myself to get it installed or simply send the car to the workshop for the job?

Last edited by VKumar : 20th March 2018 at 11:45.
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 16:04   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

I took delivery of my TUV on Feb 25th and today, I finally ran a visual check on the Coolant reservoir under the hood. And - the coolant is roughly 2 Cm below the 'Max' mark. I'll continue to keep an eye on it for a while.

I also felt or imagined that the brake pedal was somewhat tough to press on my way to office this morning. The brake fluid reservoir is full. Will do a gentle test drive around my office premises soon this evening. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Old 21st March 2018, 14:19   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations Maddy3008 on getting your black beast. Here's wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your car.
Thanks ! I have driven around 400 odd kms in last 2 weeks, after getting the RTO formalities done. Need to get the engine running in done soon so that I can enjoy the beast more.

I am facing one particular problem with the touchscreen system in my TUV. The default sound is very high and even if I reduce the volume, it gets reset to the high level after turning the engine off. I have tried to look up how to change the default sound level in the manual but could not find it. If someone could guide me how to change the default sound level in the TUV touchscreen settings, it would be really helpful. Page number in the manual will also help !
Old 21st March 2018, 15:32   #2126
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's an account of how the TUV performed in a trip to Sikkim, with snow and off-road action:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4145878

Quote:
I drive an EcoSport which has a terrific initial. I had to rev hard everytime there is a slope. Overall the TUV definitely performed better. The problem of a front wheel in the mountains is if the front wheels are stuck on an incline the car will get stuck, whereas a rwd can push the car forward. Also, the leaf spring of the TUV was better on rough road than coil springs.

As of RWD vs FWD in the difficult terrain like snow the EcoSport performed better. You just have to make sure that the front wheels are not stuck anywhere. I will share a video later when on a rough patch of bad roads + snow the TUV jumped terribly whereas the EcoSport glided.
Old 21st March 2018, 21:11   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Here's an account of how the TUV performed in a trip to Sikkim, with snow and off-road action:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4145878

Quote:
I drive an EcoSport which has a terrific initial. I had to rev hard everytime there is a slope. Overall the TUV definitely performed better. The problem of a front wheel in the mountains is if the front wheels are stuck on an incline the car will get stuck, whereas a rwd can push the car forward. Also, the leaf spring of the TUV was better on rough road than coil springs.
A small correction - TUV doesn't have leafsprings. They are mutilink coil springs. I too thought so untill, I saw my vehicle on the lift in workshop. And recently had a even closer look during wheel rotation. I surely think the recent batches of TUV had some tweaks to rear suspension to prevent the wheelspin issue. Tuning could be interms of the spring modification or the rebound damping variation etc. Time will tell how effective that is.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180320_144406_hdr01.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180320_144353_hdr01.jpeg
That aside, I completed 5000km of ownership without much ado. The tank rocked and rolled effortlessly on all roads (no offroading yet). And to anyone who complain and jeer at the Indian brands - pls note, times have surely changed and these Indian brands have learnt a lot and are putting valiant effort at delivering world class products at very affordable prices. Of all the niggles reported to TUV , how many of them can be classified as breakdowns on open roads? Sure enough, there were lots of AMT woes intially, that is understandable considering M&M is new to it. Coolant leaks etc have been fixed over time. Other than that the vehicle is much more reliable than any of the European brands while offering on par build.

Last edited by deetee : 21st March 2018 at 21:20. Reason: Fixed some typos
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 23:30   #2128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also felt or imagined that the brake pedal was somewhat tough to press on my way to office this morning. The brake fluid reservoir is full. Will do a gentle test drive around my office premises soon this evening. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Yup, I definitely see a difference in the brake pedal's behavior. If I were to pump the pedal 6 times in quick succession, the first 3 times it's as expected - with long travel of the pedal. The next 3 times, it's almost locked and I can only press it slightly. I've been driving it this way though; the brakes still bite. But I'm going to call my service advisor for the first time ever tomorrow.
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:10   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I definitely see a difference in the brake pedal's behavior. If I were to pump the pedal 6 times in quick succession, the first 3 times it's as expected - with long travel of the pedal. The next 3 times, it's almost locked and I can only press it slightly. I've been driving it this way though; the brakes still bite. But I'm going to call my service advisor for the first time ever tomorrow.
Hmm... My guess is that it is the normal behaviour. Being ABS driven , quick pumping might be causing such behaviour. I normally stomp the pedal smoothly and let ABS do the task, pumping is not recommended anyway with ABS. Also , if the brakes are pressed while going over a speed breaker, there will be metallic clang felt at the brake pedal, which again is due to ABS kicking in and is told to be normal for TUV.
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:21   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Hmm... My guess is that it is the normal behaviour. Being ABS driven , quick pumping might be causing such behaviour. I normally stomp the pedal smoothly and let ABS do the task, pumping is not recommended anyway with ABS. Also , if the brakes are pressed while going over a speed breaker, there will be metallic clang felt at the brake pedal, which again is due to ABS kicking in and is told to be normal for TUV.
No, what I had done unknowingly was perform a partial brake booster test. I'd performed the above with the engine turned off...after which Google educated me a bit. Here's how I did a full brake booster test:

* With the engine turned off, pump the brakes many times as I did until the pedal goes rock solid. It will go solid because any remaining vacuum in the braking system is lost.
* Turn on the engine with a foot partially pressing the brake.
* If the brake suddenly goes soft and depresses further beneath your foot, the brake booster is fine.

Why bother about the brake booster at all?

It is failure of the brake booster in vehicles with power brakes that causes the brake pedal to feel hard suddenly. The brake booster creates a vacuum in order to help with the braking process. Failure of the booster or the vacuum hose or leakage from a master cylinder can all cause the brake pedal to become hard when operating the vehicle.

My diagnosis

Nada, zilch - no problems so far. After feeling/imagining a hard brake pedal while driving the day before yesterday, a lengthy test drive today revealed nothing as well. It seems to be fine. Fingers crossed, maybe there was only some temporary blockage in the vacuum hose and it got shaken loose since then.

Only if the issue recurs or is re-creatable can I even think of calling up the MASS folks. Until then, am going to keep driving it.

Last edited by locusjag : 22nd March 2018 at 12:29.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks