Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 12:23   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Has anyone tried liquid ceramic coating on their Tank?
I got my bonnet ceramic coated. IMHO, for the coating to be effective, you need to prep the surface well. That would mean some basic form of paint correction and claying to ensure that no impurities are present before you apply the ceramic coat. Hence would suggest that you take professional help or check with other detailing enthusiasts in HYD before you decide to spend money and buy a ceramic coat.

The ceramic coat on my bonnet is still very very effective and doing a damn good job of keeping things easy to clean. Details here

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I was given two keys ( I expected set of 3 ) - one with 3 button remote locking and another is just a normal key
That is weird. I have 2 keys and both have the remote locking buttons on it.

Last edited by procrj : 10th January 2018 at 12:25.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 16:16   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Is it? Can other owners pls confirm the type of keys you received?
Old 10th January 2018, 18:09   #1983
BHPian

I received 2 keys, however, only one has the lock and unlock buttons on it. The other key is just a dummy key without any buttons. I thought it was one of Mahindra's cost cutting process.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 21:12   #1984
BHPian

Same here, got my vehicle today and it has only one with buttons. Have to order an extra set
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 21:53   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Same here, got my vehicle today and it has only one with buttons. Have to order an extra set
Congratulations, enjoy the tank and it's cockpit
Wish you lots of happy miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I received 2 keys, however, only one has the lock and unlock buttons on it. The other key is just a dummy key without any buttons. I thought it was one of Mahindra's cost cutting process.
Thank you Ramnaresh. A side question , did you get your first service from Automotive? How is the experience.
Old 10th January 2018, 22:17   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Ramnaresh. A side question , did you get your first service from Automotive? How is the experience.
Yes, I have got my first and second service done at Automotive located at Suchitra circle, Jeedimetla.

Overall the experience was mixed bag. I had booked my appointment online from the "With you hamesha" app. So when I arrived at MASS, they were expecting me. I gave them a list of all the niggles I faced, they acknowledged all of them but fixed only few. Had to do a second run to get them completely fixed. All I can say is, when you take your delivery please check if all your complaints are fixed and addressed.

QA there is pathetic and tend to miss out customer complaints. After couple of days got a feedback call from Mahindra and was pretty surprised with their customers centric approach.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 07:29   #1987
BHPian

Please recommend a good app for tracking fuel spends, mileage, service for the TUV 3oo.
Old 11th January 2018, 08:20   #1988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations diyguy. Hope you have many miles of trouble free ownership. Do post a few pics of your T10 and your review of the touchscreen infotainment system.

Quote:
Please recommend a good app for tracking fuel spends, mileage, service for the TUV 3oo.
I have been using free version of Fuelio and its a good app to track all spends - fuel, maintenance, service etc.
Old 11th January 2018, 10:15   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Is it? Can other owners pls confirm the type of keys you received?
Yes 2 keys and both with buttons.
Old 11th January 2018, 10:42   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm! I got two keys and only one with remote locking buttons. Wondering why is Mahindra giving some customers two keys with remote locking buttons and some only one key with remote buttons. Interesting!
Old 11th January 2018, 21:54   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Wondering why is Mahindra giving some customers two keys with remote locking buttons and some only one key with remote buttons.
I have both my keys with remote. Seems like people who bought TUV3OO earlier got both keys with remote.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 17:12   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, enjoy the tank and it's cockpit .

Quote:
Congratulations diyguy. Hope you have many miles of trouble free ownership.
Thanks deetee and procrj. I am a bit flustered by the AMT as it is difficult to handle on sloping or gradient roads, especially in stop and go situations. The lack of creep or hill assist is pretty bothersome. However I knew what I was getting into and hopefully will learn to handle this better. My worry is for my wife to be able to do this as I purchased this for her. I got to drive it only for about 20km over a day and a half and will be able to try it more in about 2 weeks as am away on a holiday. Will post more info on the touch screen later this month. Initial feedback on the speakers is that it was distorting on slightly higher volume. May be an issue with the speaker. Also in the three or four times I drove it, already noticed the driver side door beading coming off the frame.
I got inked btw
https://imgur.com/gallery/dSa4s

Last edited by diyguy : 12th January 2018 at 17:15.
Old 12th January 2018, 22:43   #1993
BHPian

Couple of things I noticed over the past few weeks visiting M.A.S.S workshops and comparing various variants of TUV:
1. TUVs since jun 17 or so came with slightly more reclining middle bench, better than the upright posture of early batches. Makes a big difference in terms of middle row seating comfort.
2. Recent batches (since 4/5 months may be) TUVs came with with only one remote locking key and one normal key.
3. Recent batches of TUV, all but T10 trim, have lost rubber beading beneath roof rails (in the drain channel). Talk about cost cutting.
4. T10 version doesnt' get a body coloured wheel cover for the 5th wheel. Its grey for all T10 variants - looks out of place.
5. M.A.S.S doesn't fleece you while buying the vehicle. But should you decide to purchase any accessories from the dealer, be prepared for exorbitant charges.
deetee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 09:54   #1994
BHPian

Does anyone know how much an extra key with costs and what is the procedure to get one. I requested the info from my dealer sales contact but got no response.
Old 14th January 2018, 22:36   #1995
BHPian

From 2018 , all models will be available only in 100bhp motor. Looks like they are discontinuing 84 bhp as per the Srireesh Auto Bangalore. The price card showed 100 bhp even for T4+ variant. Its not getting reflected in website though.
pious_devil is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks