Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2016, 00:02   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Just want to share what I found today, kwid's eyesore side view mirrors got updated with much better looking ones.

The second picture shows the old one, for reference.
Does this new mirror close inside like the old one. Doesn't seem like it in the pictures.

I drove my BILs Kwid for about 3 hours and I found the car to be very competent. My only grouse, other than the ORVM, was the brakes. They did not have any bite at all - and the stopping power was very low. Is this a known issue in the Kwid or is it specific to this particular car. The owner is a new driver and any problem with the brakes could be disastrous.
Old 21st April 2016, 11:47   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Renault is an amazing company, they keep on updating their cars based on customer feedback.

Just want to share what I found today, kwid's eyesore side view mirrors got updated with much better looking ones.

Please note, it is just cosmetic change with no inside adjustment.

The second picture shows the old one, for reference.
Any Idea how much does these new mirror cost? Does it offer better view compared to old one? If not, other than looking visually better,it will not have any other advantage w.r.to practicality.
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:09   #363
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is the 2nd Kwid to catch fire. Link to the 1st.

Quote:
I wish to submit my complaint against Renault India for supplying me with a faulty Renault Kwid RXT model purchased on 26/10/15 with no extra fittings / accessories except mud flaps.

After my first summer trip to Faridabad, we came back home around 5 pm. At around midnight, we woke up to alarms from neighbours of fire in our car. We poured water to extinguish the fire.

On inspection, we observed the engine compartment fully melted down due to internal wiring / faulty design. We thank our stars that this top-end model didn't catch fire when we were driving the car.

A complaint was lodged with Renault at 1 AM after the incident on their 24 hour helpline. My car was picked up and inspected. I was told we would be given a new car as a replacement as my car has been damaged due to faulty design /wiring. Renault staff asked us many questions and even visited the incident site.

A complaint no. 4-01783350 dated 11/4/16 was lodged with Renault customer care. To our surprise, we received a call from Mr. Gaurav Negi, Renault India on 13/4/16 followed by a letter from Ms. Neetu Chawla, Renault India informing us that the car technology is tamper proof (sic). Renault India sales has conveyed to us through their experts Mr. Kaushik and Neetu Chawla that they had thoroughly inspected my Kwid and had observed that the cause of fire is not faulty design. They have termed this incident as "accident" without giving the exact cause. The Renault authorities have no answer to the cause of fire and are passing the buck to the insurance company for claims against damage.

We are an elderly senior citizen couple living in Delhi, with both sons staying in Germany. Renault India is deliberately denying their faulty design as being the reason for fire. The car has run less than 2000 km in five months. The Renault Kwid has 2 years warranty against manufacturing defects as per the clause 2 of Terms and Conditions of the vehicle warranty. They have kept our car at their workshop at Rama Road, Delhi since the early morning of 11/4/16 with no action taken to provide us with an alternate car for usage till the time that a new car is provided as a replacement.

Rajesh Ghai
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160411_065714.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160411_065430.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160411_065403.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160411_065455.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 10:52   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please note, it is just cosmetic change with no inside adjustment.
It is not just a cosmetic change.

The mirror is separate from the outer casing, so the mirror settings wouldn't change even if someone closes the ORVM or folds it the other way. On the other hand, the older single piece mirror where the mirror is part of the outer shell is such a hassle to live with. A small nudge is enough to make it show the sky or the road and deem it totally useless. Your life will be spend on adjusting it always.

And this looks a 1000 times better too. Great update!

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160423_095009149_hdr.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160423_095026415_hdr.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160423_095016519.jpg

On the other hand, the dealer here is showing the same apathy as before. I went to take a test drive but they were least bothered. Didn't even ask me for my contact number to bring the car home. Maybe a good thing. LOL

I inquired about the 1L AMT and the sales fella who attended me was bad mouthing AMT as a crude technology. Looks like he was parroting what was taught in the training to counter the Alto as Kwid AMT is still sometime away. I did point to the Duster AMT in the showroom and he was stuck. Maybe that's why he didn't ask for my contact.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 13:40   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Good pictures, thanks.

I was concerned about the size of the bracket, and how much would fold: now I see I misunderstood, and it is fine.

Pity about the sales experience. I really can't understand what is in the head of the management that they employ people who do heavy-selling bull excrement or people who don't give a damn. Neither will produce the best sales.
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:07   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is the 2nd Kwid to catch fire.
Its shocking that something like this would happen on a car thats barely 6 months old. Thorough checks need to be carried out and customer should also keep the legal route open. Faulty engineering could have very easily costed someone his life here.

@GTO
Kindly consider separating this into a new thread, so that the issue gets the attention it deserves.
Old 25th April 2016, 22:29   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is the 2nd Kwid to catch fire. Link to the 1st.
If one notices the damage and molten grill in both the cases, it's on the same(RHS) side of the car. Apparently, the reason of fire is same for both the cars.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:45   #368
BHPian

Booked Kwid RXL for my younger brother in Tamil nadu. I have kept colour options open - Bronze, White and Grey in that order and hence a promise of quick delivery. Delivery is expected in 15-20 days
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:22   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

My Kwid Story

September 2015 : Booked Renault Kwid RXT(O) - Silver through online app for 5k. Booking was confirmed by kannur dealer within a week and delivery promised by October end.

October 2015 : No update from dealer

November 2015 : Shot several emails to Renault India and delivery assured within a month. I ended up buying a baleno petrol

December 2015 : I did not follow up with dealer/Renault.

January 2016 : No update from dealer and I emailed to Renault again and no further updates.

February 2016 : Dealer calls to inform car is in transit. Dad had seen Kwid in outback bronze color and preferred it over silver. I requested the dealer to change the colour and quoted a maximum of 2 months waiting.

March 2016 : I get a call from dealer during March last week saying that Renault has allocated Kwid for me under special consideration, but not yet in transit.

April 2016 : Dealer informs car is in transit. I had booked S cross 1.6 and waiting for the same. So I thought I will postpone and buy kwid with 1000 CC engine. I mailed to CRM of dealership regarding change of booking.

Today : Dealer calls me to inform that Kwid RXT (O) in outback bronze is available and I can take delivery if I wish to. I informed the same to my dad. He says "OK let's buy." I suggested him to wait for 1000 CC engine. He turned down my advice and told me to proceed to buy Kwid saying "You don't need extra power in a car lighter than Nano."

Tomorrow : I am driving to kannur dealership (around 120 kms). I will do PDI and check VIN to confirm manufacturing month. If everything is OK, I will do the payment and take delivery next week

With Kwid & S cross coming this month, My garage will have all types of cars on sale

1. Kwid - entry level hatch
2. Grand i10 - Entry level premium hatch
3. Baleno - Premium hatch
4. SX4 - Sedan
5. S Cross - Cross-over

And yeah, Maruti 800 & HM ambassador too

A proper SUV is missing though.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd May 2016 at 23:36.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:10   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Team,
I did PDI today. Car is April 2016 manufactured. ORVM design is changed for recent batch and it looks much better now. I am planning to take delivery next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20160504wa0013.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20160504wa0015.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20160504wa0014.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 16:25   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

I want to know if we have to pay fitting charges for accessories? I am getting only mats, mud flaps, chrome insert on fog lamp and grill. Dealer said there would be fitting charges. I was never charged for fitting accessories from Maruti & Hyundai.
Old 5th May 2016, 17:13   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I want to know if we have to pay fitting charges for accessories? I am getting only mats, mud flaps, chrome insert on fog lamp and grill. Dealer said there would be fitting charges. I was never charged for fitting accessories from Maruti & Hyundai.
Possible, it varies from dealer to dealer. They try to milk as much as possible from a popular model, but the fitting charges would not be exorbitant.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 18:04   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Possible, it varies from dealer to dealer. They try to milk as much as possible from a popular model, but the fitting charges would not be exorbitant.
Yes, you are right. I just noticed insurance amount is 17.5K(Zero dep). It is around 4.5 percent of ex showroom price. For my 1.6 S cross it is around 3.5 percent. Cars with above 1500 cc have little more premium I believe and still S cross is only 3.5 percent compared to Kwid.
Old 6th May 2016, 17:37   #374
Senior - BHPian

My Chromeless Kwid!

Renault Kwid : Official Review-01.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-02.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-03.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-04.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-05.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-06.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-07.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-08.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-09.jpg

Awaiting Antenna & Base unit

Renault Kwid : Official Review-10.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-11.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-12.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-13.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-14.jpg

Near Kundala Dam
Renault Kwid : Official Review-15.jpg

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 19:33   #375
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been driving my Father In Law's Kwid for a month now. It has done around 1200kms of trouble free running. The car as expected is the segment leader in terms of space and value for money. The only concern is the average which is barely above 10kmpl in city driving conditions of Trivandrum which is a less congested city. My Ritz K-series delivers around 13kmpl in similar conditions and this makes me skeptical.
I cleaned the air filter, checked the air pressure as a part of basic troubleshooting and everything seems to be normal.
I understand that the 2nd and 3rd services are yet to be done and the run-in is not yet complete, but i feel that the FE is just too low for an 800cc 3 pot engine.
Can other users share their FE figures just to know what to expect?
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks