Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 10:43   #331
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't be naive, buddy. Pleading doesn't do anything. It's a business transaction that should be emotionless.
====
Ah, I was unable to place my words correctly. Thank you for the information dear GTO

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd April 2016 at 07:18. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 25th February 2016, 12:43   #332
Senior - BHPian

Getting my RXT(O) Red color Kwid in a day or two. The car is Feb 2016 manufactured as per the VIN. I have not planned for any accessories other than mats,mudflap from Renault. I am very much tempted to upgrade tyres to 175/70 however opposition from dealer is holding me back.
Has anyone got additional speakers at rear? I have spare pioneer speakers with me and thinking of plonking the same in Kwid. Is there provision(wiring/slot) for rear speakers in Kwid ?
Old 25th February 2016, 13:04   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Greetings,

The Accessories

I upgraded the tyres to Michelin energy xm2, 175/70 R 13.
Does the upsized tyres hit inside the wheel wells at any point? As in while turning the wheel lock to lock or while hitting a pothole?

My in-law is about to get his RXT(O) delivered in a few days and he's planning to go for alloys and a tyre upsize. Eager to get your feedback on this and thank you in advance.
Old 8th March 2016, 11:37   #334
Senior - BHPian

Got my Kwid delivered a week back. Have covered close to 2K and the car is due for first free service.
Model: RXT(O)

Initial Observations:

1.Given that Kwid has 800cc it is powerful enough for the city duty. Higway performance is mediocre. Be ready to witness the fast diesels blaze past you. The AC has significant impact on performance of the car.
2.After covering 2000 KM, engine gearbox feels smoother.
3. Fuel Efficiency is somewhere around 14-16 in city and about 20-22 in highway. These figures are with AC on.
4.Suspension is brilliant by segment standards, Eon and Alto are no match. The story is same when it comes to space and features.
5.Power is very much comparable to Alto and better than Eon. Did take Kwid on mud road with steep incline with 4 people. With AC on and in First gear Kwid climbed without much fuss.
6.The headlamps are very powerful, so are the fog lamps. Both works wonderful in cohesion.
7.Stock tires are more than adequate for this 800cc machine. They performance was satisfactory. My car came shod with CEAT Milaze.
8.Most of the features in the car is optimised for city and front two passengers like audio,power windows, storage space etc.
9.Only one key comes with remote. The other one is old school. The remote key feels premium for the segment.
10.Have got mats/mudflaps from dealer. These were part of standard accessory and quality is acceptable.

The Kwid costed me 4.62 lacs. Since I got the car before budget, price hike did not apply.

Pictures:
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_5813.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_5816.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_5871.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_5881.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_5882.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 8th March 2016 at 11:43.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 09:18   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

3rd shift to start at the Nissan-Renault plant in Chennai. Most of this excess capacity will be used towards increasing the production of the Kwid. Production is expected to hit 10,000 units from end March and will help reduce waiting time to 3 months.

Good that Renault is making serious efforts towards increasing supplies of the Kwid.

Quote:
"We will begin work on third shift from April 1," sources said. Nearly 80% of the production from the Oragadam factory will go towards Renault badged products while Nissan will have the rest both for domestic as well as Micra exports.

Towards achieving the increased production, the alliance plant will hire 2,000 persons directly and another 2,500 persons indirectly. "The recruitment process is underway, both at the factory and also amongst vendors and suppliers," sources said.

Nissan-Renault plant rolls out nearly 1,000 cars a day from the factory which will be scaled up to 1,600 units once the third shift begins. In an earlier interaction, Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO and MD of Renault India, had decided to increase production at its plant.

The company will planning to produce nearly 10,000 units of Kwid per month from end March, he had said. The increase in production will result in the waiting period coming down to three months from the current six to seven months.
Source: ETAuto
Old 10th March 2016, 10:51   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my car allotted last week. I had booked online in September. I did not take the delivery (just because I saw one bronze kwid and it looked way better than silver which I had booked). Bronze color is low on production and I am quoted another 6 weeks. I am in no hurry to get the car now. I bought a baleno in November. Now I am confused if I should wait for 1000 cc engine.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th March 2016 at 10:52.
Old 10th March 2016, 11:02   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I got my car allotted last week. I had booked online in September. I did not take the delivery (just because I saw one bronze kwid and it looked way better than silver which I had booked). Bronze color is low on production and I am quoted another 6 weeks. I am in no hurry to get the car now. I bought a baleno in November. Now I am confused if I should wait for 1000 cc engine.
I think you should wait for the 1L AMT considering all other cars in your garage are MTs it would be a nice city run about. 800cc kwid is an average performer and since you can afford to wait I think you should give it a miss.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 11:16   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I think you should wait for the 1L AMT considering all other cars in your garage are MTs it would be a nice city run about. 800cc kwid is an average performer and since you can afford to wait I think you should give it a miss.
I second that buddy. I was not happy with jerky feel during overtake or WOT in Celerio and Zest AMT. Also, there won't be a manual option for 1000 cc engine?
Old 10th March 2016, 11:42   #339
Senior - BHPian

I have an option to buy a 30/12/2015 registered 990 KMs ran Renault Kwid RXE (With AC/Without Power-steering) for Rs. 2.6 Lakhs (that too interest free instalments) from my company. Our ageing MPI 5 Speed 800 is due for re-registration this December (2016).

Guys please share your thoughts and suggestions on this deal. I have to close it asap.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 14th March 2016, 13:36   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Kwid 1.0 expected to launch before June. AMT expected only by the festive season.

Quote:
Sources close to carandbike.com have conveyed that the Kwid 1.0-litre variant will be launched in June this year, whereas the much awaited Easy-R AMT variant is expected around the festive season. Both the models made their Indian debut at the 2016 Auto Expo in February and received a positive response from the critics and masses alike
Source: Carandbike
Old 16th March 2016, 13:46   #341
BHPian

Rafael Treguer, Vice President Sales & Marketing at Renault India has hinted that the Kwid concepts - Racer & Climber showcased in Auto Expo, would be available as special/limited editions in an interview to indianautosblog.com

Excerpt from the article

The Renault Kwid Climber concept, as per Renault, is a “born off-roader” with “high ground clearance, wide track, short overhangs and the specially designed pattern of its tyres.” It is mounted with big bumpers, protective mouldings on the sides, and ‘diamond-effect’ wheels, with a deep Flame Orange finish to the body.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-climber.jpg

The Kwid Racer concept “conjures up the world of racing.” It has 18-inch alloy wheels, low-profile tyres, aerodynamic body work, bucket seats and a roll cage. Sporting a metallic blue finish, it has wide air intakes, spoilers and a diffuser. Inside, the concept is upholstered with Alcantara, aluminium and carbon, to be suggestive of the world of motor racing. There’s also telemetry data, a four-point harness, a digital rev counter and a leather-trimmed steering wheel.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-racer.jpg

The article also mentions the following

The special edition Kwid Racer may get none of these features for cost and practicality reasons. A motor racing series based on the Kwid is the only way these features could be meaningful in the real world.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/r...-launch-210334
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 19:28   #342
BHPian

Took the Kwid on a not so laid path, mostly taken by an occasional forest dept jeep and maybe a rare tractor to a river below. It's not a tough circuit if one got enough clearance, even my ex-SS80 used to do this full trail once but the path was 100 times better then but still something for a tiny hatch. It's sad this path is now chained out a short distance from the car.

This is one main reason i picked this shade, can almost hide in the woods. Almost. Performance wise, it moved with bare minimum throttle for the most part with 2 pax+AC on. Immense torque for the task, not sure of performance with full load. The stony path is like non-existent and it just glide over with barely anything substantial felt inside. And it transversed that rut to the left with ample clearance.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-small1.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-small2.jpg
SandyX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 17:39   #343
Senior - BHPian

Guys, where is Kwid's Chassis Number etched on the chassis? For my Beat it is under rear seat.
Old 24th March 2016, 22:33   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

I had booked Renault kwid RXT(O) silver colour in September 2015 through online APP. I was told by the dealer that I will get car by october end. I did not get any information about delivery by october end, even after shooting many emails. Finally I ended up buying baleno petrol. I still did not cancel my booking, but stopped following up with my kwid booking. I got a call from dealer last month saying car is in transit. But I changed my mind and decided to go for bronze color. Now, finally I am getting the car next week

On road price : 4.36 lakhs which includes zero depreciation insurance and 5k worth basic accessories
Old 28th March 2016, 15:06   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
On road price : 4.36 lakhs which includes zero depreciation insurance and 5k worth basic accessories
The On-Road price mentioned is in Kerala or Karnataka? Pre Budget prices in Karnataka was 4.69lacs on road for RXT(O).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks