Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 12:47   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Most probably the bottom edge of the side skirt (where the jack mounting points are) is what rubbed the tarmac.I had quite a few of these with the erstwhile Accent, whose front tow hook was beneath the bumper and would invariably screech against steep inclines.
Yeah Chetan! I think that is what must have happened as last night was a casual check but, this morning I checked again in detail

Not a scratch to any part of the under-body
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 12:54   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Is Ford providing shoddy parts in Figo and Aspire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
Two recent incidents made me really skeptic about the quality of the parts used in Ford Figo and Aspire. The older gen. Figo has a strong performance and quality record. I really doubt about the present market footfall of current Figo and its elder brother Aspire with respect to the older one.
There is literally no comparison between the old Figo and new, but both struck out due to Ford's foolish decisions, the first gen with terrific quality and good city-oriented engines got clay colored dashboards and spartan features (I'm not big on gadgetry but NO REAR POWER WINDOWS?!) and the new version got improved looks, good feature list but very low rent interiors. I'm saying this because I had gone to check it out because it ticked all the requirements but was disappointed in 2 minutes flat. There are some observations I've made :

- When the Aspire was newly released the door cards had tremendous flex (2-3 inches) but when I took Uber rides in them a month or two ago, that has been improved substantially, even with a strong press it went in like quarter of an inch, of course the old Figo plastics felt like a rock, kick it and it wont budge.
- Door shut, not impressive at all.. the sound doesn't seem upmarket and yes I know it has nothing to do with safety, yet desirable for a car that costs upwards of 8 lakhs I suppose.
- The ride quality is neutral and not in a good way, its neither quiet, soft and absorbent and not hard, noisy or crashy.. it simply rides like a much cheaper car. Tyre upgrade to 185's and soft compound highly recommended
- Overall plastics and layout aren't modern, feel built to a cost.
- Steering is overly light at low speeds and doesn't feel consistent at all.

Ford has got the design outline and practicality, pricing and value spot on with the Figo and Aspire, I hope they iron out all these issues so that they can sell well, a facelift+overall quality upgrade will take care of those. India needs more cars like these 2, spacious, compact and cheap.. infinitely preferable to the likes of Swift or Ignis for me which are very, very low VFM. Both must do 10k per month combined else they will be a flop in the long run.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:00   #1308
BHPian

hi folks, Just reading these news lines, Aspire, Ecosport gets price-cuts!!!

Heartening to see such news regarding otherwise stubborn FORD.

"Ford slashes prices of EcoSport, Figo, Aspire over GST benefits"
http://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/...ry/253227.html

"Ford offers discounts up to Rs 30,000 on EcoSport, Figo, Aspire"
http://www.bgr.in/news/ford-offers-d...t-figo-aspire/

enjoy TDCing
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:06   #1309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
hi folks, Just reading these news lines, Aspire, Ecosport gets price-cuts!!!

Heartening to see such news regarding otherwise stubborn FORD.
It's not really heartening. The Aspire, Figo and Ecosport are priced well even without discounts. On top of that if they are having to discount means that sales are slumping and they need to clear unsold stock.

It's actually disheartening to see that these cars are not selling well and Ford has had to resort to price cuts to try and improve numbers.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:21   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's not really heartening. The Aspire, Figo and Ecosport are priced well even without discounts. On top of that if they are having to discount means that sales are slumping and they need to clear unsold stock.

It's actually disheartening to see that these cars are not selling well and Ford has had to resort to price cuts to try and improve numbers.
I agree. But, most people won't be able to see this. Ford has clearly masked it by citing GST as the reason for discounts.
I believe people who buy Ford are primarily who understand how much better they are in comparison to Maruti's. Sadly, such people are in minority.
However, as a prospective buyer I will consider this as good news
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 15:05   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Had an amazing drive this Sunday in HEAVY rains. Visibility was less than 100 mtrs at some points. And the much maligned MRFs held up pretty well. No issues with grip or braking. No aquaplaning at speeds around 80kmph (tried it when it was not raining heavily, and with no traffic around).

Overall much better performance in the rains as against the floaty feeling over 100 on dry roads.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:07   #1312
BHPian

I visited Cauvery Ford, Koramangala, Bangalore today to buy wheel lug nut for my Ford Aspire. The guy who did my rotation last time probably messed it up and it would not open easily. I was told that in Bangalore, only the Cauvery Ford Service centre in Magadi road was functional and all other service centres are closed. Did anyone come across this news? If so, this is really bad as that service centre was always overflowing when I had gone before. I did confirm that Lathangi Ford service centre in electronic city is closed.

Now is there a better option to get these wheel lug nuts other than visiting service centre? Will the multi brand car service folks be trusted to do this properly for a Ford car? Or should I approach the roadside assistance?
jowes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:45   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
I was told that in Bangalore, only the Cauvery Ford Service centre in Magadi road was functional and all other service centres are closed. Did anyone come across this news?
AFAIK, only Lathangi electronic city is closed. Metro, Cauvery and Elite are operating their service centers and have not closed down. I just confirmed with my SA and Elite Ford service center is very much operational located in Mahadevapura.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 22:14   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
Now is there a better option to get these wheel lug nuts other than visiting service centre?
Yes there is.
You could buy it over the counter at the Ford Spares Store.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3788840

I think the Bangalore store is in Yeshwantpur.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 00:11   #1315
BHPian

What are the specification (size) for Aspire Diesel model wiper blades ?

My car is just around 3 months old but all of a sudden the wiper blades are leaving a layer of mist on the windscreen. They are cleaning the rain drops or water properly but every time I run the wiper, both blades are leaving a white layer mist on the screen.

I am thinking to replace them with Bosch model blades. Like, this one http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-339701005...XT9G01YZVZ7NY6

Should I buy them ? or Should I visit the service center for troubleshooting and buy ford given wiper blades ?

Night driving is now somewhat impossible when this issue occurs. On-coming headlights are making me blind. Visibility goes to almost zero.

Running that Red marking MAX defrosting / defogging button helps to clear the mist, but that takes time and it (that layer of mist) comes back as soon as I run the wiper again.

The problem is visible at night time, specially in single lane roads.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 17:58   #1316
Senior - BHPian

I am experiencing a weird issue with my month old Aspire Sports.
Most of the mornings, there are couple or more mosquitos that have got into the cabin. All windows are shut and the vent for the fresh air is in re-circulate mode. Had anyone experienced the same?

Another issue I noticed today was the engine bay has more dirt accumulated on the covers and parts than normal. It looks like the dirt on the road is sucked in though the grill. Normally I've noticed is dust accumulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_6132.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_6134.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_6133.jpg  

tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 21:08   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I am experiencing a weird issue with my month old Aspire Sports...Most of the mornings, there are couple or more mosquitos that have got into the cabin...
I have the normal Figo, not the sports and have not noticed this unless the mosquito manages to get in while the doors are open during ingress/egress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Another issue I noticed today was the engine bay has more dirt accumulated on the covers and parts than normal. It looks like the dirt on the road is sucked in though the grill. Normally I've noticed is dust accumulation.
Have not noticed this issue. The engine bay does get dirty due to rain driving etc more than usual but have not seen this kind of dry dust accumulation so far in the last 7000kms of ownership. Even after highway drives, there is no dry dust as you have posted is seen in the engine bay. Is this probably due to the new grille design in the front? (though it should not be).
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:36   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
• The Aspire's EPS has pull-drift compensation tech (similar to the EcoSport). The pull-drift system adjusts the steering against uneven road surfaces or crosswinds. Sensors continuously monitor driver input and keep the car in a straight line by making automatic steering compensation. What this means in layman terms is that you don't have to keep tugging at the steering to go in a straight line, when the road is angled from left to right.
I feel that this pull-Drift compensation feature of the EPS steering is what makes the steering feel light in a straight line at high speed. Because the same lightness is not felt on the curves at similar speeds. Maybe one could try to get their service centre to switch off this feature and check if it's really true.

Or Ford itself would do it for us to get back the old Ford steering stiffness.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 08:14   #1319
MCR
BHPian

When is the Aspire getting the touch screen Infotainment system with reverse camera?
These are the only features missing in an otherwise well specced car.

As per the news on Internet, updated car launch is planned sometime during early 2018. But considering the market, it's better if Ford can advance it to October 2017!
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 17:33   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
What are the specification (size) for Aspire Diesel model wiper blades ?

My car is just around 3 months old but all of a sudden the wiper blades are leaving a layer of mist on the windscreen. They are cleaning the rain drops or water properly but every time I run the wiper, both blades are leaving a white layer mist on the screen.

I am thinking to replace them with Bosch model blades. Like, this one http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-339701005...XT9G01YZVZ7NY6

Should I buy them ? or Should I visit the service center for troubleshooting and buy ford given wiper blades ?

Night driving is now somewhat impossible when this issue occurs. On-coming headlights are making me blind. Visibility goes to almost zero.

Running that Red marking MAX defrosting / defogging button helps to clear the mist, but that takes time and it (that layer of mist) comes back as soon as I run the wiper again.

The problem is visible at night time, specially in single lane roads.
hey there, I am in same situation and completely and just posted query on the "wiper blade" section, would update if I get a suitable reply.

Yes Aspire blades leave mist and squeaking sound!! Mine will be 2 years this September.

enjoy TDCI-ing
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks