Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 20:27   #601
SJN
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
My 1.5P Titanium AT is going great and it's first service is due soon. Below is a list of minor issues experienced by me till now:
  • Rattling noise near rear door especially when taking turns
  • When steering is turned completely on one side for U-turn, I feel noticeable increase in steering vibration
  • The engine runs at 1000 rpm even at idle. Is that normal? (might be silly question but I am driving a car with tachometer for the first time )
  • Unable to download phone book from my Android cellphone
  • Unable to play songs using USB port (tried 2 pendrives but get USB error)
  • Is there a detailed manual available for audio unit e.g. I am still not able to make out what is the use of alphabets on audio unit keypad?
  • Seat belt reminder notification has stopped (might be related to seat cover installation)
I would appreciate if fellow Aspire owners can share their experience or advice so that I can take up the "real" issues during service centre visit.
The first service for my 1.5P DCT went well and I was quite happy with the overall experience.
Following is an update on the issues mentioned by me earlier:
  • Rattling noise resolved. More details below.
  • The technician mentioned that this vibration is normal and is expected due to the stress on the steering motor when turning completely on one side
  • The technician clarified that idling rpm of 800 is maintained to ensure that engine does not get stalled
  • Phone book download working now - I had skipped a step
  • I got the pen drive to play songs with some research of my own - Apparently you need to do a full format with default (FAT32) filesystem and limit the number of child folders
  • Still looking for the detailed manual for audio unit
  • Fixed. I was right that during seat cover installation, a wire related to the Seat belt reminder notification was unplugged from underneath the seat by mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I have a rattling noise from the passenger seat belt area, which I haven't had had time to get fixed yet. During first service, they greased the rubber beadings and the door latches and tried looking for the source of the sound, but could not isolate it.
If you do manage to get this noise fixed, please do let me know how they tackled this. Thanks!
The technician immediately took me for a test drive to identify the rattling noise from rear passenger door. I was expecting that the noise will not recur in front of him - similar to how some symptoms magically disappear in front of doctor. However he was able to locate as well as reproduce the specific noise that was coming on sharp turns. The technician mentioned that this is a known problem and is due to the rear doors banging against the latches, especially on turns. He adjusted the latches and now it is completely rattle-free. I really appreciate the technician's efforts to identify and fix the noise problem, though a minor one. I have personally experienced Maruti A.S.S. advising me to ignore the odd squeaks and rattles considering the condition of Indian roads!
SJN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 00:59   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Congratulations!! She's a looker. Wish you many many safe miles together.

Looks like you got the full chrome kit plus the chrome side guard. Mind sharing how much they cost?
Thanks Samaspire. Hope you get you car back soon. The chrome kit was around 7k after discount. Else I think its about 7.5k I honestly think that a little expensive, but we liked it enough to indulge a little. Also what I like about the chrome on this car is that its not too loud like other brands and is very subtle, except for the round chrome around the fuel lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omprakashp View Post
I had the same issue with my Aspire and got the same answer from my dealer so it seems this is a common issue.

Congratulations on the car. Wish you many happy miles. We took delivery of our DCT (Grey) last weekend and its a pleasure to drive.
Thanks Omprakashp. And congrats on your new DCT as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Congratulations Karthik! on the acquiring the most VFM, spaceous, safe, hoot to drive car in the segment. Wishing you happy miling!
Thanks AKTRACK! You'v been very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
The first service for my 1.5P DCT went well and I was quite happy with the overall experience.
Following is an update on the issues mentioned by me earlier:
  • Rattling noise resolved. More details below.
  • The technician mentioned that this vibration is normal and is expected due to the stress on the steering motor when turning completely on one side
  • The technician clarified that idling rpm of 800 is maintained to ensure that engine does not get stalled
  • Phone book download working now - I had skipped a step
  • I got the pen drive to play songs with some research of my own - Apparently you need to do a full format with default (FAT32) filesystem and limit the number of child folders
  • Still looking for the detailed manual for audio unit
  • Fixed. I was right that during seat cover installation, a wire related to the Seat belt reminder notification was unplugged from underneath the seat by mistake.

The technician immediately took me for a test drive to identify the rattling noise from rear passenger door. I was expecting that the noise will not recur in front of him - similar to how some symptoms magically disappear in front of doctor. However he was able to locate as well as reproduce the specific noise that was coming on sharp turns. The technician mentioned that this is a known problem and is due to the rear doors banging against the latches, especially on turns. He adjusted the latches and now it is completely rattle-free. I really appreciate the technician's efforts to identify and fix the noise problem, though a minor one. I have personally experienced Maruti A.S.S. advising me to ignore the odd squeaks and rattles considering the condition of Indian roads!
Thanks SJN. That's very helpful.

So now for another story on the delivery yesterday. After signing all forms and the disclaimer (including the one accepting that the car had 5 ltrs of petrol), we (my dad, my wife, and I) rolled the car out and went straight to our family Vinayagar (Ganesha in Tamil) Temple in Sarojini Nagar, about 2-3 kms form the showroom. Said a small prayer and drove towards home (about 5-7 kms away) wanting making a quick pitstop for the first full tank. As the car's front two wheels entered the petrol pump, it stuttered and came to a grinding halt! Ignition - again stutter and stop. Can you believe it that the fuel ran out?! And what luck...just as we were entering the petrol pump!! Was it providence since we just went to the temple or plain simple coincidence? You decide :-) The petrol pump guys pushed the car in and we got a full tank. Vroom and the car was back in action! What a memory..Will be etched in our minds forever.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2016 at 09:01. Reason: only 2 smileys per post
karthik008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:31   #603
BHPian

I am getting an offer of around Rs 8 lakh on road for the Petrol automatic, Nov or Dec 2015 model with (as per SA claim) 10 or 12 kms on the odometer. This is the Ford showroom in Bhikaji Cama place in South Delhi.

Does this seem like a good price?
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:00   #604
BHPian

The first Sync glitch has struck today! While driving back from work, music playing over Bluetooth from my smartphone suddenly stopped and the phone got disconnected on its own.Switched to radio and drove back home.On examination found that phone voice call/receive over Bluetooth wasn't working either.

I have only 1 phone,Motorola G3, paired with the Sync system.

Tried the following steps thereafter-

1. Deleted the phone entry and re-paired phone.Result- fail.

2.Restarted the phone and re-paired.Result- fail.

3.Tried Factory reset of Sync and then re-pairing.Result- fail.

4.Tried Master reset of Sync and re-pairing.Result- fail.

5.Tried with a different phone,Lenovo K4 note.Result- fail.

6.Tried with Samsung S Duos.Result- fail.

The screen is showing 'connected' briefly before disconnecting and then multiple cycles of connect and disconnects are showing.Also few times it shows Bluetooth audio failure message.

So what's the next step? Shall I try disconnecting the +ve battery terminal and reset the system,or arrange for a visit to the service centre?
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:50   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I am getting an offer of around Rs 8 lakh on road for the Petrol automatic, Nov or Dec 2015 model with (as per SA claim) 10 or 12 kms on the odometer. This is the Ford showroom in Bhikaji Cama place in South Delhi.

Does this seem like a good price?
Yes. It's a good offer. We got our 1.5 DCT from the same showroom for the same price point. I think it's a great deal. Took delivery last Sunday. See if you can negotiate it a little more since we're now officially in February. I'm guessing he would have told you that ghost applies for the White, Silver or Grey only.
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:03   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Yes. It's a good offer. We got our 1.5 DCT from the same showroom for the same price point. I think it's a great deal. Took delivery last Sunday. See if you can negotiate it a little more since we're now officially in February. I'm guessing he would have told you that ghost applies for the White, Silver or Grey only.
Sorry, the last line of the last post should have have read: "I'm guessing he would have told you that *price* applies for the White, Silver or Grey only." Damn spell check on the phone
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:57   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, the last line of the last post should have have read: "I'm guessing he would have told you that *price* applies for the White, Silver or Grey only." Damn spell check on the phone
Whoa, amazing how small the world is.

Yes that is exactly what he told me- white, silver and great only!

I'm just confused between this and the AT Ecosport.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 3rd February 2016 at 00:58.
Old 3rd February 2016, 04:12   #608

Quote:

It really depends on what you want from your car. Ecosport is all about tackling the urban jungle - high stance, SUV'ish looks; on offer is superb build quality, and great handling for long highway drives.

Aspire is great in its own way, personally I too briefly deliberated upon choosing it. But every time I get inside my Ecosport AT, I kinda feel quite satisfied - Aspire wouldn't have made me feel the same way. Had I bought Aspire, I would have always stared at other Ecosports on the road in a wishful way. In some ways, I still do. Why do some Ecosports appear bigger than mine?
vaeroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:24   #609
BHPian

Quote:

A small world it is! I can understand your confusion. However, we were quite set on the Aspire as this was the best option for automatic, safety, space, and budget. We wanted a sedan and not an suv-like vehicle. The vehicle is primarily for my parents with occasional use by my wife and I when we go up to our place in the hills, which is around once a month. Also, Ecosport is not in the same budget. The SA who helped us was Prince Jain. He is great to deal with.
Old 4th February 2016, 00:22   #610
Senior - BHPian

There was a discussion here sometime back regarding the loud noise of water falling on the roof during rains. I think I've discovered the reason why.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_123658.jpg

This is the roof above the back row. Notice the damping material.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_123706.jpg

And this is the roof above the front row - no damping.

No wonder that water drops on the top resonate inside the cabin.
samaspire is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 08:20   #611

Got 3M Nomad mats and exterior paint protection applied.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-3m.png
http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...ices_exterior/

Also paid for underbody anti-corrosion but could not get it done as they were out of stock on some materials. Will probably be done next Sunday.
http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...nti-corrosion/

Total bill was 14,900 after a 10% discount that is available if you go for any three services. They also wanted to sell me an annual maintenance deal for about 9000 more that included one more exterior treatment, two interior cleaning, 5 car washes etc. Opted not to buy that.

I wanted to go for grey-coloured mats to match the floor colour but it was not available so went for black one instead. Now thinking I should have gotten the beige one. Black is a little too dark.
seekay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:33   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Also, Ecosport is not in the same budget. The SA who helped us was Prince Jain. He is great to deal with.
You are right Karthik. It is in a different budget. It was one car that lugged my heart for too long. I would have bought it but I did not want to spend too much on the car as of now so went for Aspire. My ultimate goal is a true blue SUV!

Also, Pls keep sharing about your experiences with the dealership. I am not too happy with mine and intend to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
There was a discussion here sometime back regarding the loud noise of water falling on the roof during rains. I think I've discovered the reason why.

This is the roof above the back row. Notice the damping material.

And this is the roof above the front row - no damping.

No wonder that water drops on the top resonate inside the cabin.
That's funny. What would have ford saved with just half the roof covered! The only logical explanation I could see is Ford thought the front passengers anyways have the AC vents to keep the heat at bay. I haven't driven the Aspire on a rainy day but would like to see what symphony nature plays when the raindrops hit the roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
Got 3M Nomad mats and exterior paint protection applied.
Now thinking I should have gotten the beige one. Black is a little too dark.
I did not go for paint protection thinking i would get that done later on and now I have scratched my car in a few places. I think there is no use of getting it done now. I will first have to deal with the scratches. Do the 3M guys take care of those as well. Some are deep.

I got the beige mats from 3M. They go well with the car interiors.
Old 4th February 2016, 19:55   #613

Quote:
I did not go for paint protection thinking i would get that done later on and now I have scratched my car in a few places. I think there is no use of getting it done now. I will first have to deal with the scratches. Do the 3M guys take care of those as well. Some are deep.

I got the beige mats from 3M. They go well with the car interiors.
They definitely take care of hairline scratches, which my month-old car had a few, at least on the bonnet. White colour meant that any damage would be quite visible so did this as a preventive measure. Not sure about the deeper scratches though. You can call up the nearest centre and find out. They are usually very helpful.

I am still thinking of replacing the black mats with beige. Hope to bump across an interested Figo owner
seekay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 21:37   #614
BHPian

Quote:
You are right Karthik. It is in a different budget. It was one car that lugged my heart for too long. I would have bought it but I did not want to spend too much on the car as of now so went for Aspire. My ultimate goal is a true blue SUV!

Also, Pls keep sharing about your experiences with the dealership. I am not too happy with mine and intend to change.
Will do AKTRAK. Drove the car to work today being a Thursday - less traffic to and from Gurgaon. I normally take the Metro, and tomorrow being a Friday, it would be crazy traffic in the evening. I got a lot of curious looks form fellow drivers. And I was wondering why we're still not seeing the Aspire like we see the Xcent or Amaze everyday. Ford really needs to do something to get out there and do a bit of marketing. The drive both ways was fantastic. I was very easy on the gas pedal and made sure the RPM rarely crossed 2k. Giving me an average of 9kmpl since resetting all settings since the first full-tank.

And yes...a true blue SUV it will be! Great minds think alike AKTRAK I would rather wait till I can afford a full blown SUV (Scorpio / Pajero / Endeavour) rather than go for a 'honey I shrunk the SUV' kinda SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
They definitely take care of hairline scratches, which my month-old car had a few, at least on the bonnet. White colour meant that any damage would be quite visible so did this as a preventive measure. Not sure about the deeper scratches though. You can call up the nearest centre and find out. They are usually very helpful.

I am still thinking of replacing the black mats with beige. Hope to bump across an interested Figo owner
Seekay, I hope none of the 3M treatments will affect the Ford warranty in anyway? And now that you've done it, do you think the 14K was well spent? Thanks.
Old 5th February 2016, 22:33   #615
BHPian

Ford Figo Aspire bags 'Sedan of the Year 2015' by Times Auto Awards 2015 in Partnership with ZigWheels.

It has already won the Compact Car of the Year award by CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE.

Historically, awards haven't done much for Ford in terms of sales.
AKTRACK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks