Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 13:02   #8536
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
If this involves the DDiS200, then I think Brezza, Ciaz and Ertiga guys also should be worried. But if this is limited to S-Cross, I wonder what would be the reason? This issue indeed needs a dedicated thread. I'll have to get my Brezza checked for any such possibility.
Yes, the DDiS 200 guys need to be concerned as this has been reported for Swift, S-Cross and Ciaz vehicles, but mostly random except for S-Cross where a few reports have surfaced on T-BHP itself, thanks to the popular thread.

There is a dedicated thread for this one already.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hermostat.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
If I had not realized coolant leakage in time, I along with my 75 year old father, wife and 9 year old would have been stranded on the highway (probably leading to engine seizure).

Maruti, the largest car maker in India, with very high service and reliability claims, should work more on diagnosis of cars when the cars come to the service centers for routine servicing. More so, if so many SCross owners have reported the Thermostat failure, why not do a official recall and save others from the trouble.
Yes, I am with you on being stranded part. No real indicators in the instrument cluster, or even a CEL when the engine is overheating or coolant tank drained out. I have shared this concern with service center and they have advised Maruti about it. So I suggest we standby for now while they sort this out.

Quote:
But I really got brilliant service from Tata at that moment.
Check out the above thread and my experience with this issue. It was handled brilliantly by Maruti and their dealer!

Quote:
After putting 3 times more money on SCross by getting car loan and all, I would say the experience is average satisfactory. The product is really good, a fantastic value for money, build quality, space, features etc..., but I am going to be stranded on road (twice already), then this all means nothing to me.
Let this issue not be a total downfall of your overall experience.

Quote:
If I think of what other car company is more reliable, then at this moment, I really don't know. Each car companies have their own problems to sort out, but I feel to an extent, Honda is a bit better, based on all the reviews I have read and some first hand experiences from my cousins and friends.
I would still say that my S-Cross is reliable and my service advisor and manager at Bimal Mahadevapura have been brilliant in sorting out the issues. They are receptive and accomodating for what is reasonable. So my experience has been great so far. The dealer and service center does make a huge difference to the ownership of the car. Although product quality is not like the earlier generations of Honda, even Honda today has several problems.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 14:46   #8537
BHPian

Guys I want to buy a tire inflator for my car so that I don't have to go to the shop frequently. Please let me know which one to buy? Any links would be great. Maruti people are trying to sell me one but since all these are outsourced products I am sure I can get a better one online at a cheaper price. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th June 2018, 15:14   #8538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Guys I want to buy a tire inflator for my car so that I don't have to go to the shop frequently. Please let me know which one to buy? Any links would be great. Maruti people are trying to sell me one but since all these are outsourced products I am sure I can get a better one online at a cheaper price. Thanks in advance.
Ricky,

Here are some threads that might help you. The first links to the one I use personally

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4263215

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-inflator.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ump-gauge.html

And you are right, better buy directly from the OEM.
Old 25th June 2018, 21:21   #8539
BHPian

80,000 kms completed.

The milestone comes up in 20 months. Taking the car for the 80k kms service day after tomorrow. My car is now out of the EW period.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3070.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3188.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3190.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 03:45   #8540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
80,000 kms completed.

The milestone comes up in 20 months.
80K in 20 months. Wow.
Which turns out to be 4K avg per month and ~135KM per day.
On a lighter note, how much time you spend outside the car? It seems you lived inside the car for 20 months
Old 27th June 2018, 09:35   #8541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If this involves the DDiS200, then I think Brezza, Ciaz and Ertiga guys also should be worried. But if this is limited to S-Cross, I wonder what would be the reason? This issue indeed needs a dedicated thread. I'll have to get my Brezza checked for any such possibility.
My 2013 Ertiga which has done more than 150K Kms now thankfully has shown no signs of coolant loss or overheating till now. Should I be saying 'Fingers Crossed'? If this happens after 150K of driving without on incident, I would only blame the wear and tear and not the design of the thermostat in my case.

What I still did during the 112K kms service during timing chain replacement is to proactively replace the Water Pump to be on the safer side as it cost me less than 2500 and would always ensure to keep the cooling system in check.

However, these incidents of coolant loss and overheating which are more prominent in 1.6 than 1.3 is something that has amused me. I for one haven't come across this even during a casual conversation with the SA or the mechanic whenever I was getting the service done.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 09:46   #8542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
However, these incidents of coolant loss and overheating which are more prominent in 1.6 than 1.3 is something that has amused me. I for one haven't come across this even during a casual conversation with the SA or the mechanic whenever I was getting the service done.
I suppose its more common in 1.3? Only one 1.6 that I know has had this overheating issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Right here on the forum, I have come across more cases associated with 1.6 than 1.3. Outside the forum, none so far. I need to check with the SA during the next service on this. They will definitely have a clue if this is a 'known issue' or is perceived to be one in the making.

This (Maruti 1.3L diesel engine: Coolant leakage issue)thread by our erstwhile DDis 1.3L owner Anurag has more details about it where the instances mentioned are from S-Cross (More 1.3 than 1.6). I remember his blue streak aka Swift also never faced this issue till he sold the car after more than 110K kms.
I feel we are saying the same thing, where 1.3 overheating issues are more than 1.6

Last edited by arvind71181 : 27th June 2018 at 09:54.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 09:48   #8543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I suppose its more common in 1.3? Only one 1.6 that I know has had this overheating issue
Right here on the forum, I have come across more cases associated with 1.3 than 1.6. Outside the forum, none so far. But then again, I know very few around my circle who own S-Cross, unless I am part of any such WA and FB Groups. I need to check with the SA during the next service on this. They will definitely have a clue if this is a 'known issue' or is perceived to be one in the making.

This (Maruti 1.3L diesel engine: Coolant leakage issue)thread by our erstwhile DDis 1.3L owner Anurag has more details about it where the instances mentioned are from S-Cross (More 1.3 than 1.6). I remember his blue streak aka Swift also never faced this issue till he sold the car after more than 110K kms.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th June 2018 at 09:56. Reason: 1.3-->1.6
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 10:04   #8544
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross 1.6 and 1.3 do not share the same parts. Yes, few 1.3 engines are affected. But the issue is random, hence Maruti has modified the part. If it was specific to particular batch, they would have recalled the cars. Also the old part is shared by almost all Maruti cars with 1.3 DDIS. The issue is not specific to S-Cross 1.3, it's just that it's being reported more thanks to active groups and members in forums .

Overall, there should be lakhs of Maruti diesel cars with this same old part and a very minor population would have faced this issue. I don't think Maruti would recall all the cars. My advice is to stay alert. If any 1.3 owner is really bothered, I think it's OK to invest around 2k from pocket and change the part for peace of mind .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 18:02   #8545
BHPian

Guys need suggestions around an issue (or atleast that's what I think) with my car
My scross (late 2016) has done around 19300 kms running stock JK tyres. I had alignment and balancing done at about 12000kms. The car drives fine on straight roads as well as corners.
But I feel that when the car is running at a decent speed say 60 and it hits a pothole (especially the ones that hit just one side of the vehicle) I feel the car slightly losing its line. The car is under control but it's just the feeling that the car isn't as road hugging, the handling doesn't feel as tight as it is claimed to be.

Mind you I have done multiple trips on mum-pune expressway and it drove perfectly fine. Infact I travel daily on eastern express Highway and it seems fine. However it's just the potholes or uneven road patches that seem to cause an issue.

I have had a swift and it felt bit more road hugging than scross.

Has anyone else experienced this?
My car is due for 4th service soon. Is there anything I could ask my SA to specifically check?

Last edited by djkher : 29th June 2018 at 18:26.
Old 29th June 2018, 22:49   #8546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Limited Edition S-Cross at Dealer. Extra cost for this mod-Rs.15,000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
The only thing missing in this Limited Edition S-Cross is "For Test Drive - Call 9XXXX XXXXX".
With such an unnaturally large S-Cross sticker, it will not look like an individually owned white board car, but it will look like a dealer owned test drive car.
Saw this car again, probably with a repaired door. Was looking even funnier. One of my sources in that dealership tells me that it was a case of damaged car, the quarter panel was damaged and it was done up in this fashion.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180628_140127.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 13:40   #8547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The synchros are a known issue in the older S crosses
The issue surfaced again. This time they kept the car at the service station for 2 days and returned it saying there was some issue related to cable and it is fixed. But the very next day I got the issue again. I called up the customer service manager and informed him that I am going to email a complaint to maruti and then he requested me to wait for sometime. Later the SA called me and informed that they have ordered the replacement part for the cable and it will arrive in 1 weeks time and requested me to hold the complaint till then.

They are very confident that the issue is not lower gear synchro. I decided to wait, once the part arrives will take the car personally and see what they are replacing.
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:53   #8548
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am observing air condition functionality issue in my S-cross (June 2017 model). I am not sure if anyone observed the same issue in your S-cross. Let me explain the details, when I am driving my car keeping the a/c in the recirculation mode and when I am passing through a nearby drainage or any garbage dumping area, where the outside has foul smell, immediately I could feel the foul smell inside my car. I have been observing this since last year when I purchased it in August month. But I forgot to mention this during my first and second service to Maruti Service guys. I feel at least in the recirculation mode, we should not get the outside smell. Correct me if my assumption is wrong. Let me know if anyone observed similar issue. Any fix for this, please suggest.
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:25   #8549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Hello Everyone,

immediately I could feel the foul smell inside my car. .
Is your variant equipped with auto AC? And what's the temperature that you fix it at? If you fix it at anything above 24℃ , the AC unit does pull in outside air thereby taking in foul smell also. I guess taking in outside air is to maintain the selected temperature. This happens in my Brezza ZDi+ also.
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:45   #8550
BHPian

Quote:
Is your variant equipped with auto AC? And what's the temperature that you fix it at? If you fix it at anything above 24℃ , the AC unit does pull in outside air thereby taking in foul smell also. I guess taking in outside air is to maintain the selected temperature. This happens in my Brezza ZDi+ also.
Mine is Zeta Variant and equipped with Auto AC. I always keep my temperature between 20 and 22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks