Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 21:05   #7816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
But, when making calls, the call gets disconnected immediately on dialling. If Android Auto is disconnected and phone is connected through Bluetooth only, the calls are at ease as usual.

Yes. There is a mode setting in HU. I had kept that in "Day" mode only. Now also, it is in "day" mode. But, as against the previous observation, the HU display gets dim upon switching on the Aux / Head lights. Which was not the case before the updation.
1. Calling works absolutely well for me in both Android Auto and Bluetooth mode. Infact, calls are routed over bluetooth only when in Android Auto mode. Somehow, I have found the audio quality slightly lower in Android Auto mode. Try with a different device and report if the same happens there too.

2. I checked this today after your post. Brightness controls are working as before. I have set the Day mode to 6 and Night to 2. For testing, I changed both to 7 and switched to reverse. Turned headlight on & off, no change in brightness.

If you keep getting these issues I'd recommend you to re-flash the firmware. It'd be very nice if other members could also check & report these.
Old 21st July 2017, 09:06   #7817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL!! Thanks to Dr.Naren for his help with this. Following his directions, the firmware upgrade was a simple process.

Attachment 1658369
Phone automatically showed up Android Auto upon connection, bluetooth was connected. If you don't have the Android Auto app installed, it will automatically start downloading. Takes about 5 minutes to setup, requires the handbrake to be applied on first installation.
I followed the steps as indicated.
1st attempt failed at 96% while 2nd attempt was 100%.
However, the 4th quadrant is not showing Android Auto but continues to show no phone. Any suggestions?
Old 21st July 2017, 09:37   #7818
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I followed the steps as indicated.
1st attempt failed at 96% while 2nd attempt was 100%.
However, the 4th quadrant is not showing Android Auto but continues to show no phone. Any suggestions?
Once you connect your phone with the cable and switch on the Bluetooth, press the central button and you'll see the small logo of 4th quadrant. It'll be showing as a cross (X). Press it and it would show Android Auto. Which phone are you using? I'm using a One Plus 3T & I guess there is some issue with One Plus 3T.
Old 21st July 2017, 11:13   #7819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Once you connect your phone with the cable and switch on the Bluetooth, press the central button and you'll see the small logo of 4th quadrant. It'll be showing as a cross (X). Press it and it would show Android Auto. Which phone are you using? I'm using a One Plus 3T & I guess there is some issue with One Plus 3T.
Asus Zenfone.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-p_20170721_104435_1_p.jpg

Is this something to do with China?

PS : just joking. Lets not use this forum for political issues.

Let me try with Lenovo and revert.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 21st July 2017 at 11:28.
Old 21st July 2017, 11:45   #7820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Asus Zenfone.

Attachment 1659301

Is this something to do with China?

PS : just joking. Lets not use this forum for political issues.

Let me try with Lenovo and revert.
You are probably using the wrong cable. There are 2 types of cables, one that has only charging pins and the other one that has both charging & data transfer pins. Most car charging cables don't have data transfer pins. Try it again with the cable that came with your phone if you haven't.
Old 21st July 2017, 12:27   #7821
Distinguished - BHPian

Who said Maruti doesn't have cars for Enthusiasts?

1.6 Turbo diesel and 1.6 NA Petrol : RAW Power!!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170721_121611.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170721_121648.jpg

Lucky to drive both these cars on alternate days. Torque monster remapped 1.6 diesel and bone stock high revving 1.6 petrol
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 12:54   #7822
BHPian

It's been over a month since the Wolfmoto touch and I'm absolutely enjoying and loving the car to every bit. More power, better FE and no black smoke(AFAIK).

The only thing that was bothering me was, my 1.6 had no Wolfmoto badge/sticker. So, I met Rajeev and Adarsh yesterday and got a set of Wolfmoto stickers from them.

The main sticker (which said 'WOLF Performance') was a bit too big to my liking and would occupy quite a lot of space. The second one was a 'www.wolfmoto.com' decal and the font was pretty good, decently sized and subtle. Just what I wanted. So with Rajeev's permission, I took the liberty to alter the second decal.

Here's the outcome :

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_9833.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_9834.jpg

I was told that they're working on something better, so this decal is just temporary until the updated comes out. I just couldn't wait and wanted to get my car stamped by the Wolf asap!

Cheers.
grease.monkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 13:03   #7823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
I was told that they're working on something better, so this decal is just temporary until the updated comes out. I just couldn't wait and wanted to get my car stamped by the Wolf asap!
If it was me, I would have even removed the 1.6 badge : perfect sleeper . Personal choice : don't want to put any remapped stickers
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:25   #7824
BHPian

Booked S Cross 1.3 DDiS Zeta (Premium Silver) today. The car is already in transit and as per the SA, the car can be delivered by end of this month. Looking forward to a long and trouble-free relationship with MSIL now
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 15:59   #7825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Booked S Cross 1.3 DDiS Zeta (Premium Silver) today. The car is already in transit and as per the SA, the car can be delivered by end of this month. Looking forward to a long and trouble-free relationship with MSIL now
Hello friend. Congratulations on booking. However, the facelifted S-Cross is likely to be out in about a couple of months. Why not wait for that one?
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:32   #7826
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friend. Congratulations on booking. However, the facelifted S-Cross is likely to be out in about a couple of months. Why not wait for that one?
Thanks Rahul. Actually, i like the more mature look of current S Cross than the one which is slated to be launched (based on the numerous images floating around for the new S-Cross). Also, i expect the prices to go up, once the face-lifted version is launched. Hence, felt that this is an opportune time to take the plunge.
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:43   #7827
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rahul. Actually, i like the more mature look of current S Cross than the one which is slated to be launched (based on the numerous images floating around for the new S-Cross). Also, i expect the prices to go up, once the face-lifted version is launched. Hence, felt that this is an opportune time to take the plunge.
I don't think Maruti would hike the price for S-Cross. Since there is still no information about which engines will be on offer, we cannot speculate it. Looking at the slow monthly sales figures of S-Cross, there will still be stock at the time of announcement of new models. You'll be able to get the older model for a discount then. Purchasing the current version last month during the pre-GST offers would have made more sense. If I were you, I'd better wait a couple of months for the launch and then decide if I like the new one or the older. Pictures never tell the complete story!

Last edited by sunejarahul : 22nd July 2017 at 19:44.
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:31   #7828
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Maruti would hike the price for S-Cross. Since there is still no information about which engines will be on offer, we cannot speculate it. Looking at the slow monthly sales figures of S-Cross, there will still be stock at the time of announcement of new models. You'll be able to get the older model for a discount then. Purchasing the current version last month during the pre-GST offers would have made more sense. If I were you, I'd better wait a couple of months for the launch and then decide if I like the new one or the older. Pictures never tell the complete story!
Well, the belief for price hike stems from the fact that more often than not, manufacturers have hiked the prices during face-lift launches (there may be exceptions to the rule). However, i sold off my current car (Punto 1.2 Dynamic) today and was in no mood to wait for two months hence.
Old 22nd July 2017, 21:00   #7829
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the belief for price hike stems from the fact that more often than not, manufacturers have hiked the prices during face-lift launches (there may be exceptions to the rule). However, i sold off my current car (Punto 1.2 Dynamic) today and was in no mood to wait for two months hence.
Apparently current model have better aerodynamic shape vis-a-vis expected facelift version. I for one like the unassuming looks of this car. S-Cross 1.3 is in superb state of tune. And going by Maruti's past record for increasing fuel efficiency in facelift model; if that happens, it would spoil the driving experience.

Hey buddy, why don't you unleash the thunder with DDiS320
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 21:11   #7830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Apparently current model have better aerodynamic shape vis-a-vis expected facelift version. I for one like the unassuming looks of this car. S-Cross 1.3 is in superb state of tune. And going by Maruti's past record for increasing fuel efficiency in facelift model; if that happens, it would spoil the driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Hey buddy, why don't you unleash the thunder with DDiS320
Would have loved to own DDiS320 had the budget permitted. The SA informed that the 1.6 production has been stopped and they have cancelled booking for the existing orders; not sure of the info though.
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks