Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2017, 07:50   #6901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Hello S-Cross owners...Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated.
Which dealer? Where was this promotional drive & what's the significance about a promotional drive than a test drive?
Old 13th March 2017, 09:11   #6902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Precisely my point - smaller engine capacity having more storage on fluids than a larger engine. The engine oil is just 0.75 ml more which is also less IMHO, but the coolant & transmission oil levels are 500 ml less than 1.3 engine
The 1.3L MJD in the Punto for German markets has 3L of engine oil, 1.98L of Gearbox oil, though coolant quantity is the same 6L. I guess Maruti Suzuki have either increased these capacities due to some reason and the 1.6L engine doesnt have any changes specific to India and is imported and bolted on.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 09:20   #6903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The 1.3L MJD in the Punto for German markets has 3L of engine oil, 1.98L of Gearbox oil, though coolant quantity is the same 6L. I guess Maruti Suzuki have either increased these capacities due to some reason and the 1.6L engine doesnt have any changes specific to India and is imported and bolted on.
Thank you for the info; while I agree 1.6 is complete import & doesn't need a change, but still fails some logic because...if Maruti has tweaked 1.3 MJD for India spec condition & that's why that engine stays bullet proof, then does it make 1.6 vulnerable for India by keeping it stock import
Old 13th March 2017, 10:39   #6904
BHPian

Its been around 2 weeks since I took delivery of my 1.6. The car has been doing great, went for the 1000km first service on Fri.
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone. Initially I thought the ecu might be adjusting to my driving style. The turbo kick would return sometimes when I accelerated a little hard(not pedal to metal really). Now after 2 weeks even the hard acceleration is not building any turbo kick. I have tried in various conditions- open roads, city roads.
The car seems to pull fine and respond well to accelerator inputs but very very linear and unlike the 1.6. Even the TD 1.3 had some pull effect. I am wondering should I be worried about this? I wouldn't say I miss the feel itself, but the lack of it makes me think how can the engine characteristic change so much and does that point to something faulty?
Would like to know if you are experiencing anything like this. Thanks.

Last edited by jaunthead : 13th March 2017 at 10:42.
Old 13th March 2017, 11:11   #6905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
For the last couple of months, I have a strange pain in my left leg. I had also felt it during the initial driving period of S-Cross. Somehow the clutch setting does not suit me (long travel), is what I feel.
I had reported this pain in my left leg few months ago. After exercising regularly (jumping, light jogging, walking etc...), the pain has disappeared. So wanted to highlight that there is nothing wrong with the S-Cross.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 11:17   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer? Where was this promotional drive & what's the significance about a promotional drive than a test drive?
In Coimbatore, NEXA had a promotion for S-Cross yesterday, exchange offer, and two of the dealers here had participated in that. This was conducted by Maruti directly. You have to quote your expected value for your car and then both the dealers will bid for your car. The highest bidder or the dealer who can match you expected price will be given the offer to exchange your car for the new S-Cross. When I went there and did test drive, the dealer who met my expected value for my car told me that there is no upgrade or facelift happening to S-Cross this year and the facelift version is only for Indonesia. They also said there is no discount on the new car and no exchange bonus also, but will get corporate bonus and a gift valued between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 depending on my luck in a spinning the wheel contest.

Now I am really confused since I see this link http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ation/57609056.
Old 13th March 2017, 11:53   #6907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They also said there...on my luck in a spinning the wheel contest
good joke of the year!! I don't want to go OT here by talking on discounts, but conclude saying, if you're really really, really, really interested, not just SCro but any car, I would say, just go for it if you can afford, because you only live once!

Quote:
Now I am really confused since I see this link
What's there to get confused? If India is going to be 3rd biggest market, you either ignore or you sail along with it.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 12:13   #6908
BANNED

Quote:

Now I am really confused since I see this link
Quote:
What's there to get confused?
Quoting the relevant part of the article where he is confused:

Quote:
The company will launch the all-new third generation Swift, which was unveiled here, in India in the spring of 2018. It is also gearing up for the upgraded version of its premium crossover S-Cross later this year.
Old 13th March 2017, 12:21   #6909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Absolutely right a4anurag...I guess I will wait for the update and meanwhile also wait for Fiat to open a service centre here in Coimbatore

I own a Fiat Punto Evo 2014 model and one fine day Fiat just shut shop here in Coimbatore. They have given assurances of engaging a new dealer here, but I am skeptical now given how they do not care for their customers. So far my experience with Fiat service has been good, but this sudden closure of dealer and service center has put doubts in my head regarding sticking on to my Punto. - This is my reason for going for S-Cross now.
Old 13th March 2017, 12:41   #6910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Quote:
Absolutely right a4anurag...I guess I will wait for the update and meanwhile also wait for Fiat to open a service centre here in Coimbatore
I agree with you, it's a very sad affair & I was in your boat few months ago; Abarth Punto was a very close match for us, but when we went to Anna Nagar RDC Fiat...damn!! The flexboard showed "VW coming soon..."

After that I came to know CBE also shutdown their one & only Fiat showroom. Personally to me, if they cannot sell in CBE, then, nothing can succeed. Madras might see some sales, but, an automobile's success is determined at one & only Coimbatore!!

Quote:
This is my reason for going for S-Cross now.
Like TBhp says...if it's got to be S-Cross...it's got to be 1.6!! Go for it, you'll not regret except for it's high cost :(
Old 13th March 2017, 13:16   #6911
Senior - BHPian

OT here, but just FYI.

Quote:

I own a Fiat Punto Evo 2014 model and one fine day Fiat just shut shop here in Coimbatore. They have given assurances of engaging a new dealer here, but I am skeptical now given how they do not care for their customers. So far my experience with Fiat service has been good, but this sudden closure of dealer and service center has put doubts in my head regarding sticking on to my Punto. - This is my reason for going for S-Cross now.
The erstwhile dealer ran into issues with Fiat due to using the premises for multi-brands. Which was why they closed, and SRT group has been selected to sell and service Fiat henceforth for the said region.

Quote:

I agree with you, it's a very sad affair & I was in your boat few months ago; Abarth Punto was a very close match for us, but when we went to Anna Nagar RDC Fiat...damn!! The flexboard showed "VW coming soon..."
Dealers switch their real estate as and when they wish, what's new?

Quote:
After that I came to know CBE also shutdown their one & only Fiat showroom. Personally to me, if they cannot sell in CBE, then, nothing can succeed. Madras might see some sales, but, an automobile's success is determined at one & only Coimbatore!!
Again, read the response above. The erstwhile dealer ran into issues both with Sales and Service, not what you assume, really.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 13:20   #6912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have one question, is this the right time to buy the S-Cross given that the facelift is expected to be launched this year?
If you are going for the 1.6 diesel. There is no change on the engine front in the upcoming model. Only thing to look forward in the diesel to is, whether the DCT transmission is going to be introduced. If its the petrol version, there are also the 1.0 and 1.4 Boosterjet in the European market.

However so far there haven't been any S-Cross test mules around. Baleno test mules were spotted like 6-12 months in advance before RS was launched. If any of the above 3 are going to be introduced in a facelift, we should see them being tested, otherwise the facelift is going to be a mere cosmetic change.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 01:26   #6913
Senior - BHPian

What is the cost of Michelin P3STs 215/60/16 without exchange ? The elanzo's are dangerous and the car does not stop with urgency while braking. I just want to get rid of them, even though they are only run about 12k.
Old 14th March 2017, 02:26   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Its been around 2 weeks since I took delivery of my 1.6. The car has been doing great, went for the 1000km first service on Fri.
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone. Initially I thought the ecu might be adjusting to my driving style. The turbo kick would return sometimes when I accelerated a little hard(not pedal to metal really). Now after 2 weeks even the hard acceleration is not building any turbo kick. I have tried in various conditions- open roads, city roads.
The car seems to pull fine and respond well to accelerator inputs but very very linear and unlike the 1.6. Even the TD 1.3 had some pull effect. I am wondering should I be worried about this? I wouldn't say I miss the feel itself, but the lack of it makes me think how can the engine characteristic change so much and does that point to something faulty?
Would like to know if you are experiencing anything like this. Thanks.
No jaunthead, this is definitely not normal. Seems to be a issue with the turbo. Get it checked ASAP
Old 14th March 2017, 09:24   #6915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
No jaunthead, this is definitely not normal. Seems to be a issue with the turbo. Get it checked ASAP
After having driven a 1.6 in all manner of traffic/road conditions from the past 9 months, I can say with confidence that your right foot - like mine - has learned to modulate the throttle pedal to get a smooth, linear acceleration. I now do it instinctively, and had felt the same "oh! acceleration gone!" disappointment after about 2500km. However, some determined pedal-to-metal on open highways has reassured me that the strong "shove in the back" type acceleration continues to exist.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks