Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2016, 19:47   #6361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Thanks to this wonderful review.
We booked an Urban Blue S-Cross 1.3 Zeta yesterday.
Again a huge thanks to the Mods and the reviewers/ownership reviews.
It was a big help in our decision making process.

Now coming to the tyre noise, I am a little concerned about it as multiple reviews talk about it. When I TD'ed the car yesterday I didn't find any intrusive tyre noise, but then it's too early for me to say, as I didn't take it out on the highway.
I am thinking I'll wait until I take the car out for a family trip and then decide if I need to change the tyres.
Congrats buddy. Do make sure you get the best possible discounts if taking delivery in Dec. If taking delivery in 2017, make sure the car is manufactured in 2017 by decoding the VIN during pre-delivery inspection. The 1.3 Zeta remains the most VFM & the better selling of all variants. 😁
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 20:05   #6362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Do make sure you get the best possible discounts if taking delivery in Dec. If taking delivery in 2017, make sure the car is manufactured in 2017 by decoding the VIN. The 1.3 Zeta remains the most VFM & the better selling of all variants. 😁
That might be difficult IMO. Since SCross is a slow moving vehicle compared to other Maruti's, getting a January Manufactured car in 1st week/same month would be very difficult. Even if he is taking delivery this month, he will mostly be given a November Make car or in a rare case a December one. I have also booked a Baleno & I will get to know the VIN once the car comes, but I expect the same to apply to me as well.

Zeta 1.3 is a better choice compared to 1.6 Zeta. But the ultimate variant to go for on SCross is 1.6 Alpha.
Old 25th December 2016, 20:23   #6363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Absolutely! I interacted with Sales Rep from multiple NEXA showrooms and all of them were unanimous with this fact. Baleno numbers are huge
Since you're from Bangalore, did you observe anything strange in the OTR price? Here's my post & observation after visiting NEXA at Mahadevapura, this might be useful if you're planning to buy - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4108932
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 20:36   #6364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Completed 10,000kms in 58 days. Took this pic today in the evening at Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh. Will be taking her for 3rd free service day after tomorrow.

Why is the rear sagging? Does it mean that the build is as 'lite' as a Swift? Surprised to see such a picture. I thought that the S-cross build was better than a typical 'Maruti' but looks like that's not the case!
Old 25th December 2016, 20:53   #6365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Why is the rear sagging? Does it mean that the build is as 'lite' as a Swift? Surprised to see such a picture. I thought that the S-cross build was better than a typical 'Maruti' but looks like that's not the case!
Nope, its not light as swift and its for sure better than what typical maruti cars are like. I should have mentioned it before, the rear appears to be sagged, the front left tyre was on the bump and car was tilted.
Old 25th December 2016, 22:06   #6366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Congrats buddy. Do make sure you get the best possible discounts if taking delivery in Dec. If taking delivery in 2017, make sure the car is manufactured in 2017 by decoding the VIN during pre-delivery inspection. The 1.3 Zeta remains the most VFM & the better selling of all variants. 😁
Thank you.
Below is what I am getting. It is not much, but looks like they're unable to give more discount
10K corporate discount.
10K accessories
40K exchange bonus.
Dimming IRVM free.

I really tried hard and couldnt get more than this
Old 26th December 2016, 02:38   #6367
BHPian

Hello guys. So finally my parents have booked Caffeine brown 1.3 Zeta in Delhi. The delivery is stated to be in the first week of Feb '17. Do let me know what all freebies /accessories can be bargained for. Also we would be exchanging our Esteem Vxi that was bought in 2005. The SA said that the car would be evaluated in February only.

I don't understand one thing. If dealers aren't selling the lower trim 1.6 then why are those variants still listed on the Nexa website.
Old 26th December 2016, 03:51   #6368
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I don't understand one thing. If dealers aren't selling the lower trim 1.6 then why are those variants still listed on the Nexa website.
Lazy to update the website. That's all.

But their brochure is updated. It contains 1.6 in Alpha only. Check the screenshot below of the brochure.

Name:  ForumRunner_20161226_035101.png
Views: 1767
Size:  134.4 KB

Looks like they have updated the brochure fully as it contains images with the updated alloys.

Last edited by theMAG : 18th November 2018 at 18:07. Reason: Grammatical errors fixed.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 07:11   #6369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now coming to the tyre noise, I am a little concerned about it as multiple reviews talk about it. When I TD'ed the car yesterday I didn't find any intrusive tyre noise, but then it's too early for me to say, as I didn't take it out on the highway.
I am thinking I'll wait until I take the car out for a family trip and then decide if I need to change the tyres.
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Rest assured, the S-Cross is one of the best family cars around, very much underrated I say.
Regarding the tyres, I will suggest if you have made up your mind, please change the tyres at the earliest. The more Kms you put in, the more you will be at loss when you exchange.
A simple tyre change brought in a world of difference on my 1.6 w.r.t road noise, handling and comfort. I have never been a fan of JKs.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 08:22   #6370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Why is the rear sagging?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I should have mentioned it before, the rear appears to be sagged, the front left tyre was on the bump and car was tilted.
The rear has sagged primarily because of weight. I can see passengers/luggage in the back seat. Boot isn't visible of course.

Weight at the back will make the car sag IMO, be it any passenger car from Maruti or any other mass manufacturer.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 09:20   #6371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Rest assured, the S-Cross is one of the best family cars around, very much underrated I say.
Regarding the tyres, I will suggest if you have made up your mind, please change the tyres at the earliest. The more Kms you put in, the more you will be at loss when you exchange.
A simple tyre change brought in a world of difference on my 1.6 w.r.t road noise, handling and comfort. I have never been a fan of JKs.
Thanks rakesh_r.
Can you please suggest the Tyres you have opted for, and how much did it cost you after exchange.
I am in Bangalore, any Tyre dealer suggestions would be really helpful.

Edit : Also agree with the family car bit
I hope to put up an Ownership details once I get my car, and details out why we chose the S-Cross.

Last edited by RROD : 26th December 2016 at 09:22.
Old 26th December 2016, 10:23   #6372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Turning off a Running S-Cross 1.3 DDiS 200

Just saw a video on YouTube and sharing it here for benefit of others.

BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 10:26   #6373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Risky testing, IMO. Was the brake working as intended when the car was switched off while running?
Risky, plus risking your car's turbocharger as well.
Old 26th December 2016, 11:15   #6374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Since you're from Bangalore, did you observe anything strange in the OTR price? Here's my post & observation after visiting NEXA at Mahadevapura, this might be useful if you're planning to buy - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4108932
Yes, I did see that and brought it to my dealer's notice. He started mumbling something which did not make sense.
Couple of other dealers I spoke to had the same issue - charging a premium of 20 grand over 17% Road Tax.

Here's a detailed thread on the same -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...oad-taxes.html

Solution is to take care of doing your own registration.

Quote:
Congratulations! Hope you have a great delivery and initial ownership experience.

Quote:
In city roads you'll hardly notice the tyre noise unless you are driving on ORR, weekend mornings.

Quote:
Below is what I am getting. It is not much, but looks like they're unable to give more discount
10K corporate discount.
10K accessories
40K exchange bonus.
Dimming IRVM free.

I really tried hard and couldnt get more than this
If you are going for a 2016 manufactured car, you can push for more discounts. You are essentially helping dealer clear their stock. So you deserve more.

Quote:
Can you please suggest the Tyres you have opted for, and how much did it cost you after exchange.
I am in Bangalore, any Tyre dealer suggestions would be really helpful.
Agree, some initial recommendations will help. Is Millivisions still a good choice?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

Last edited by aryasanyal : 26th December 2016 at 11:25. Reason: Added more quotes.
aryasanyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 12:15   #6375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post

Congratulations! Hope you have a great delivery and initial ownership experience.

In city roads you'll hardly notice the tyre noise unless you are driving on ORR, weekend mornings.

If you are going for a 2016 manufactured car, you can push for more discounts. You are essentially helping dealer clear their stock. So you deserve more.

Agree, some initial recommendations will help. Is Millivisions still a good choice?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Thank you
I use my car mainly for touring, I drive very little within city. I was hoping for a Petrol car, but didn't find any that I really liked.
From what your saying, it sounds like the noise will be noticeable on Highways.
I will talk to the dealer on what he can do for the tyre change, and check local dealers as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks