Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 23:41   #6301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
A contradictory update on the booking.
Honestly the nexa brand is very customer friendly if you consider their overall outline about how to handle their customers i.e. the theoretical part. But what lacks is the customer support at the local dealership levels. The booking experience is not up to the mark, rather it's worse than even the Maruti dealerships. The problem lies in hiring of plenty of RMs who are not serious about their jobs. Most of the RMs have a very casual approach towards their jobs. In my case, they were unable to tell the estimated delivery time even after repeated calls. As a result, after 10 days and after some serious complaints to the owner of the dealership, we were able to get the car within 2-3 days. The overall delivery experience was very bitter. So suggestion is that push them hard and get a good deal out of it. At the end of the day it's your money and you are buying their top end model in S-Cross, hence the ball is in your court.

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2016 at 08:53. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 17th December 2016, 00:00   #6302
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hi indivious! I think the Nexa SA is simply trying to push his existing stock to you by saying stuff like "Exchange bonus valid only for cars in stock" and "Customers who booked for Brown in September are still waiting". Any seller would love to clear off his existing stock before ordering new, but cheating the customer this way is not right.

If I were you, I would stick to the color of my choice and fight and get the exchange bonus which was initially offered. I am pretty sure that the Nexa customer care executive has given you accurate information and it is the dealer who is trying to misguide you.
It does seem so. The contents of the e-mail confirming my booking states -

"Please Note:
For any reason should you desire to change the Booking Name, Model, Variant or Fuel Option of the car from what is ordered above, it will be treated as a fresh order from the date of amendment and waiting period will be applicable accordingly."

As well as - "The Tentative delivery period quoted at time of booking is – 10 Weeks, we will be in regular touch with you to keep you updated on the position of your order."

I have sent the following e-mail to the dealer and to contact@nexaexperience.com

Let's hope it gets clarified soon.
Old 17th December 2016, 00:28   #6303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
....the dealer has said that the exchange bonus is valid only on the existing stock and he only has White, Silver and Grey...
Exchange bonus is offered by the company and is valid for the period of promotion, on all vehicles delivered during the time. It can't be restricted to certain colors alone.

Also, when Nexa says invoicing done in December, it should be the payment from your side against the delivery of the car. My understanding is, if you booked your car in December, but it's delivered in Jan - the offers active in Jan will be applicable for you; unless you made the complete payment in Dec itself, for which the offers from Dec will be applicable.
Old 17th December 2016, 01:45   #6304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Also, when Nexa says invoicing done in December, it should be the payment from your side against the delivery of the car. My understanding is, if you booked your car in December, but it's delivered in Jan - the offers active in Jan will be applicable for you; unless you made the complete payment in Dec itself, for which the offers from Dec will be applicable.
I am not exactly sure how it is done, but there is some 'jugaad' the dealership guys do to show sales for a month. They invoice the car to the buyers name even before the full payment is done and show that sales was done in a particular month - but the actual payment / loan disbursement, delivery and everything else happens when the buyer is actually ready.

This happened to me too. I had booked my S-Cross in Jan 2016 paying 11k advance. They wanted me to take immediate delivery as the car was in their yard for the past 3 months (Since Oct 2015). Now, I wanted delivery only in mid Feb but since I had done PDI and confirmed the car, they wanted me to make some more payment (1 lakh) as a token of confirmation and they will invoice the car to me. I think it was a trust based deal tied to the 1.11 lakh payment I had made. I went ahead and made the requested payment in the last week of Jan and they invoiced likewise and officially the car was sold to me in the last week even though they remaining down payment (through cheque) and loan disbursement was done only in the second week of Feb and registration was done after that and I took delivery later that week.

Maruti even called me for first service based on the invoice date and even though I said I had taken delivery only 10 days back, they requested me to do the service based on the invoice date to avoid warranty issues in the future.

Last edited by Vigkey : 17th December 2016 at 01:47.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 10:09   #6305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Quote:
I am not exactly sure how it is done, but there is some 'jugaad' the dealership guys do to show sales for a month. They invoice the car to the buyers name even before the full payment is done and show that sales was done in a particular month - but the actual payment / loan disbursement, delivery and everything else happens when the buyer is actually ready.
The catalyst which raised a red flag for me was -

I first received an e-mail or SMS from the Dealer stating that the car has been allotted to me in Pearl White along with additional information related to the car.

Following this I received an e-mail stating the booking is approved and the wait period is 10 weeks.

Ideally, the chronology should have been reverse. Last year when I took the delivery of the Hyundai Elite i20 in Jan - they were pretty honest about it and I took the delivery of a Dec 2015 car in Jan 2016 after they offered me 10k worth of accessories. At that time too, I had been let down by the same Nexa dealer who took my old Swift, promised delivery of the Baleno on time and missed 3-4 deadlines he himself had set and finally offered me a different color.

This time, I am happy to pay the full amount in December and take delivery of new stock in Jan or Feb.
Old 19th December 2016, 18:47   #6306
BHPian

Cross posting from my ownership thread:

Front reading lights are equipped with a timer to switch off, in case the light is left switched on for long time in a locked car.

I was working in the car with ignition off and reading light on, light went off after 15 minutes. Tried to switch on immediately and it did not work. Switched ignition on and off once and was able to operate reading light again.

Did the same test again, with same results.
Old 19th December 2016, 20:16   #6307
BHPian

Another weekend, another trip! Added 500 kms to the odometer over the weekend during our annual year end Agra trip. While returning I hit a bird at 110 kmph, the bird was crossing the Yamuna expressway and it hit the bonnet and then the front windshield. Stopped and checked for the damage, there were none to the car. The bird did not survive :(.

At the end of the trip:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4869.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4858.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 20:40   #6308
BHPian

A set of sad updates. Please bear with me on the length of the post.

The last 1 week has not been too good for me and my S-Cross

After 10 months and 15k kms of driving with just 1 incident - a cabbie banging the rear bumper leaving a minor crack on it - in the last 7 days, I gifted my car 3 injuries. What is worse? A bit of carefulness from my end could have avoided all 3 of these.

1. At Vellore on Dec 11: As we were trying to reach a famous restaurant in this unfamiliar town, Google Maps was taking us through very narrow streets. While taking a sharp 90 degree right turn in such a narrow street, the right rear door brushed with the rear of a motorcycle parked on the roadside slightly denting the door in a straight line. Frantically looking for instructions from my wife who was checking Google maps and attempt to verbally pacify my hungry daughter made sure I was a little careless while taking the turn. Thankfully, the dent is not very deep and can be seen if carefully viewed.

2. At my Apartment parking on Dec 13: Early in the morning, I had to pick my mother from Madiwala. Traffic on the way back made a sleep deprived me more tired. The sigh of relief in my mind when I entered my apartment parking lot made me a bit complacent while executing a tricky left turn in there which brushed the rear left door brush with a pillar. Again, very careless from my end at a place where I usually exercise a lot of caution. The scratches are very much visible, but because of the brown paint on the pillar where the door brushed. Thankfully, a rub / polish session should remove traces of this incident.

3. At AECS layout on Dec 18. I was already late for my cricket nets session and I was not exactly sure of the location. Dear Google Maps, again took me to unknown territories and this time, an unpaved road which was muddy because of the construction work happening nearby. I had taken a wrong turn and was coming back on a very narrow road only to see a mini-truck parked on the road blocking the way. I either had to take reverse and use an alternate route or move out of road into the mud and move past the parked vehicle. Option 1 was ruled out as there was another car and a couple of motorcycles behind me already. Hesitantly, I went off the road - It was deeper than I had anticipated and the wheel turned a bit to right as I went into the pothole. I had noticed a hollow cement block there on the side and the turned wheel meant the bumper hit the block and dented the bumper also slightly damaging the chrome bit on the fog lamp housing.

I used to be very confident of my driving and even used to tell my wife and my friends that I am a very careful and safe driver with no accidents or incidents in the last 10 months of driving my S-Cross. Now, these 3 incidents have not only left dents on my car but on my confidence too. I hope the coming days are safer for my car and myself as a driver.

Last edited by Vigkey : 19th December 2016 at 20:41.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 21:15   #6309
BHPian

Quote:
A set of sad updates.

The last 1 week has not been too good for me and my S-Cross
Hi VK,
Sorry hear about the mishaps with your car. These things do happen even if we are good drivers. I had 2 very bad experiences on my S-Cross in my 22K KMs so far.

1. A Tata Ace broke my LHS ORVM. I was waiting in a traffic block and the impatient guy tried to squeeze in through the left and wanted to occupy some space I had kept on the front side. In this process, he totally broke the mirror.
2. A Tata Sumo came from behind and wanted to overtake from the left side. He couldn't assess the distance properly, and banged on the rear bumper and gave much bigger dent / paint damage.

Google map will direct through much shorter short cuts and in this process, it does not consider the road condition at all. If we are at an unknown place, we will never realise the road condition and go ahead with the route Google have suggested. I had faced many difficult situations like the one you explained because of the over dependence on Google navigation.
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 08:29   #6310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A set of sad updates. Please bear with me on the length of the post.

I used to be very confident of my driving and even used to tell my wife and my friends that I am a very careful and safe driver with no accidents or incidents in the last 10 months of driving my S-Cross. Now, these 3 incidents have not only left dents on my car but on my confidence too. I hope the coming days are safer for my car and myself as a driver.
Very sad to know about these small incidents, which have left some undesirable scars on your car. My suggestion is don't ponder on them for too long. These are part & parcel of our city lives. Brushing a parked bike or a pillar or getting into a ditch/ pothole are very common and how much ever careful we are we are bound to encounter such incidents one day or the other. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't touch the bike when there was a rider on that bike or any of the above incidents did not cause any harm or injury to a human as that would be a disaster

On some analysis of the three incidents listed above, I would like to comment the below:
1. The place was unknown, you relied too much on Google maps and most importantly got distracted by your nagging kid
2. Fatigue and exertion can lead best drivers of the world in making silly mistakes, how can you be an exception
3. Again you relied too much on Google maps

I am of the firm belief that we can drive eyes closed (a bit of exaggeration) on roads well known to us or those of our daily commute. When we venture on new or unchartered territory we have to be extra cautious, because surprises do spring up when we are least expecting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi VK,
Sorry hear about the mishaps with your car. These things do happen even if we are good drivers. I had 2 very bad experiences on my S-Cross in my 22K KMs so far.

1. A Tata Ace broke my LHS ORVM. I was waiting in a traffic block and the impatient guy tried to squeeze in through the left and wanted to occupy some space I had kept on the front side. In this process, he totally broke the mirror.
2. A Tata Sumo came from behind and wanted to overtake from the left side. He couldn't assess the distance properly, and banged on the rear bumper and gave much bigger dent / paint damage.

Google map will direct through much shorter short cuts and in this process, it does not consider the road condition at all. If we are at an unknown place, we will never realise the road condition and go ahead with the route Google have suggested. I had faced many difficult situations like the one you explained because of the over dependence on Google navigation.
I completely agree with you. Over dependence on Google navigation will have its own pitfalls. Best bet would be your own sense and local people or other road users. At times stopping and asking a passerby would reveal some additional and useful information about the road, which the Google navigation won't be able to tell you (at least here in India), even if that means wasting a couple of minutes and few drops of fuel
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 19:45   #6311
BHPian

Completed 22,222 KMs by the end of drive today. Very pleasant ownership of 16 months. (Took delivery on 17th Aug 2015)

Get approx 19-20 KM/L consistently in Bangalore City traffic with ACC 100% @ 23-25 Deg C. (Routine Whitefield - Electronics City). Long drives give me 23-25 KM/L with AC
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20161220_193527.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 21:51   #6312
Distinguished - BHPian

NEXA FB page posted the pic of my S-Cross
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fb_img_1482250790580.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 10:52   #6313
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is likely to follow the trend of price increase from Jan 2017. indicative increase is ~ 3% for S Cross and 2.5% for Baleno

Granite Gray S Cross with the new alloys from Maruti Suzuki,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st December 2016 at 10:57.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 11:38   #6314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki is likely to follow the trend of price increase from Jan 2017. indicative increase is ~ 3% for S Cross and 2.5% for Baleno

Granite Gray S Cross with the new alloys from Maruti Suzuki,
I am in a little quandary. I have booked a 1.6 Alpha in granite grey on 18th Dec. The Nexa guys told me that if this colour comes in the last batch of December then he will give me the car. But I was trying to get a 2017 built car for which I might get it only in the second half of January. What should I do? If I get a 2016 car should I take it or wait? Also since all Nexa cars are getting Isofix should I hope this comes in the 2017 version?

p.s. I had booked a Hexa XT which I am in the process of cancelling.
Old 21st December 2016, 11:52   #6315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I am in a little quandary. I have booked a 1.6 Alpha in granite grey on 18th Dec. The Nexa guys told me that if this colour comes in the last batch of December then he will give me the car. But I was trying to get a 2017 built car for which I might get it only in the second half of January. What should I do? If I get a 2016 car should I take it or wait? Also since all Nexa cars are getting Isofix should I hope this comes in the 2017 version?

p.s. I had booked a Hexa XT which I am in the process of cancelling.
If you are going to keep the car for 7 - 8 years then in my opinion, it wont matter much if it is 2016 or 2017, as that will primarily help in resale. If resale is important, then a 2017 model *could* be better.

I say could as for me thought it did not matter. I exchanged my Nov 2009 bought Swift LXi for 2.3L when I went in for my S-Cross this August. So go ahead, get the beast and have fun
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks