Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 19:38   #6181
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Some pictures from the trip:
Wow ! Sinharishi that's really cool ! Beautiful pictures of beautiful region! Not for nothing Rajasthan is among top tourist destinations! Having lived for 3 years in Rajasthan I am witness to special attraction this state offers to visitors. Its so charming Roads in Rajasthan are almost devoid of traffic. However due to this locals often enter an NH or SH without even imagining the possibility of any vehicle coming!

With S-Cross and its capabilities coupled with charm of the place I can bet you got memorable trip. So I am tempted to request you to narrate/ rate the performance / behaviour of car during this trip.

Last edited by Sip : 30th November 2016 at 19:40.
Old 1st December 2016, 08:14   #6182
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross Petrol launch likely in June 2017 ( after the launch of Ciaz face-lift).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:38   #6183
Senior - BHPian

Does S-Cross have a dual horn? I think so, but I may be wrong.

Since last two days, when I start the car early in the morning, for few minutes, the horn sounds like the battery is going to die soon. It sounds meek and flat.

What do you guys think is happening? Is the wiring lose? Has anyone replaced the stock horn on their S-Cross? My previous car had the Skoda dual horn and it was fabulous and it survived for 40,000 KMs, loud and clear. So thinking of the same, if there is a need to replace.
Old 1st December 2016, 09:48   #6184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Since last two days, when I start the car early in the morning, for few minutes, the horn sounds like the battery is going to die soon. It sounds meek and flat.

What do you guys think is happening? Is the wiring lose? Has anyone replaced the stock horn on their S-Cross? My previous car had the Skoda dual horn and it was fabulous and it survived for 40,000 KMs, loud and clear. So thinking of the same, if there is a need to replace.
S-cross has dual horn. I had similar problem in my SX4 2 years back and Maruti guys just did some adjustments ( rotating a screw on horn) and it was working fine. Bumper needs to be removed to access the horns.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:59   #6185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the Scross does come with a dual horn set up. One behind the bumper on the left hand side wheel well and the other right behind the grill, beside the ambient temp sensor. I got mine replaced with Roots electronic windtone with a proper wiring and relay.
PS- I mounted both the horns behind the grill.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 1st December 2016 at 10:00.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 12:31   #6186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

Installed a phone charger for the rear seat passenger. Used the charging port inside the boot and ran the cable along the parcel tray and entered the rear arm rest area through the seat split. Not a trace of wire is visible anywhere.

Thanks for this idea. Till now it did not occur to me that there is a power source in the boot. This makes it easy for the rear passenger for most of their tasks.

Question, will this power with the rest of the car? Or will it continue to draw power like the boot light? I am not with the car right now, so I could not test, but it should be easy enough for you to wait for a few seconds after powering off the vehicle.
Old 1st December 2016, 12:44   #6187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Since last two days, when I start the car early in the morning, for few minutes, the horn sounds like the battery is going to die soon. It sounds meek and flat...
I think all the models from Swift (atleast) has dual horns in the Maruti range. Honestly, they are good and powerful.

If you are planning to install trumpet horns ("po po" sound), please ensure those are not exposed to water splashing. If the horns can be secured in the engine bay / behind the grill (where the suzuki logo is present), then go for it. If the horn is placed inside the lower bumper, I'd suggest to avoid having trumpet horns. I have spoiled atleast 3-4 sets of horns like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S-cross has dual horn. I had similar problem in my SX4 2 years back and Maruti guys just did some adjustments ( rotating a screw on horn) and it was working fine...
That's called horn tuning IIRC. Had this issue once in my Swift too.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 17:26   #6188
BHPian

Maruti bucked the trend and posted better sales figures in November.
The utility segment (S-Cross, Gypsy, Ertiga, Brezza) saw a sales figure of 17215 units in November.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/busine...XxSB9Pd8O.html
Old 1st December 2016, 18:34   #6189
BHPian

Just got a call from my Service Advisor. I told him to let me know if there are any offers on the S-Cross. If you book it this month and take delivery in this month itself there is a Rs. 40,000 exchange bonus. Is it worth getting it now or are offers likely to get better in the next few weeks? I am keen on booking the Zeta 1.3. I have been awaiting the S-Cross Petrol AT but now can't wait anymore.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 20:11   #6190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

Question, will this power with the rest of the car? Or will it continue to draw power like the boot light?
If I got your question correctly, the charging port gets activated only after the first activation of start push button. Both the front / rear ports are activated in same fashion. Boot light is a direct connection from battery and can be made on at any point of time.
Old 1st December 2016, 21:24   #6191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Question, will this power with the rest of the car? Or will it continue to draw power like the boot light?
It is powered with the rest of the car.

Only the boot light is powered by it's own ON/OFF button which is silly IMO. They should have interlocked it with the boot door and also provided with a larger + brighter light.

Swift's boot being smaller, the boot light fails to light up and I don't know how you all are managing in the S-Cross. I find it absolutely useless. I had to change the T10 bulb to an LED to make things better.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st December 2016 at 21:26.
Old 1st December 2016, 22:11   #6192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Just got a call from my Service Advisor. I told him to let me know if there are any offers on the S-Cross. If you book it this month and take delivery in this month itself there is a Rs. 40,000 exchange bonus. Is it worth getting it now or are offers likely to get better in the next few weeks? I am keen on booking the Zeta 1.3. I have been awaiting the S-Cross Petrol AT but now can't wait anymore.
Hi- I would recommend you to wait for another 10 days. Probably only issue would be that you may not get the color of your choice in case of limited stocks. If color is not a pre- req suggest you to wait. In parallel reach out to other dealers and see what they can offer. If something is better than this then take. Just my opinion and decision is completely yours
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 22:59   #6193
Distinguished - BHPian

December 2016 edition of Aurtocar India has published spare parts survey of all cars on sale in India. S-Cross 1.6 spare parts are much more costlier than 1.3.

Pricing comparo of few parts :

Clutch & pressure plate : 3088 vs 11405
Radiator : 5000 vs 15360
Timing chain : 1160 vs 2780
Fan belt : 420 vs 1100
Air filter : 280 vs 910
Oil filter : 390 vs 830

Spare parts of 1.4 and 1.6 Creta are priced almost similar because most of the parts are same.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st December 2016 at 23:04.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 23:25   #6194
BHPian

One of my uncles bought a S-Cross few months back.

S-Cross facelift, looks like the sloppy bonnet is gone for good.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-4.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 1st December 2016 at 23:59.
Old 2nd December 2016, 01:16   #6195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I am also planning to book 1.3 Zeta in couple of days. I have got slightly better deal, I have PM'ed the details to you.
JVille07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks