Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:03   #6166
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
At 30, shift into second, blip the throttle for a second to let the RPM rise to ~1700-2000 RPM and then let out the clutch immediately. See how smooth the shift is. And spend the next few weeks perfecting this move
Oh! Rev-Matching? I do that on my sx4 while downshifting sometimes but I haven't been able to perfect it on the S-Cross. The SX4 needs just a slight blip on the throttle whereas when I do that on the S-Cross, it doesn't make any difference. Need to press the A-pedal a bit more, I guess. Will try it. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I have this issue on my 1.3 Zeta as well. Please do update in case you find a solution to this, so will I.
I am planning to take the car to the service station for this. I also need to get my SmartPlay system upgraded for Apple Carplay. Will ask them to take a look at the Aircon as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
It could be a problem of fungi inside the AC vents. I suggest you to run in fan mode with blower at the maximum speed and at higher temperature setting for a few mins before switching on AC everyday, so that the heat wave can kill the fungis and like.
KK
Will try this on my car. Thanks for the tip
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:21   #6167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post

I am planning to take the car to the service station for this. I also need to get my SmartPlay system upgraded for Apple Carplay. Will ask them to take a look at the Aircon as well
I already know what your SA would suggest for your aircon problem. He will charge 1000 bucks for disinfecting Aircon and vents with some fancy name for it.

I have heard that even they do the same sort of cleaning using the disinfectant cleaner and also clean AC filter.

Also do check the condition of AC filter once.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 23rd November 2016 at 18:23.
Old 23rd November 2016, 22:03   #6168
BHPian

Where is the aicon filter located in 1.3 S-Cross and how it can be removed for cleaning?
Would appreciate if any photos can be shown for the removal of this filter.
Old 23rd November 2016, 22:55   #6169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Where is the aicon filter located in 1.3 S-Cross and how it can be removed for cleaning?
Remove the glove box/compartment. I think its pushfit. And you will see the aircon airfilter.

Last edited by max8791 : 23rd November 2016 at 22:56. Reason: Glovebix
max8791 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 23:13   #6170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Located right behind the glove box. Check owner's manual Page 7-38 for the procedure.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 23:23   #6171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have this issue on my 1.3 Zeta as well. Please do update in case you find a solution to this, so will I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
It could be a problem of fungi inside the AC vents. I suggest you to run in fan mode with blower at the maximum speed and at higher temperature setting for a few mins before switching on AC everyday, so that the heat wave can kill the fungis and like...
There are 3 solutions as I know (suggested / tried).

1. I think keeping the blower in the "fresh air" mode may work. The problem with this is, it can bring in dust (this may be lesser for the vehicles with aircon filter, but will clog the filter slightly more). I was once advised not to keep the blower in fresh air mode as the blower picked up a lot of dust and was very ineffective.

2. So, I personally will go with the second option here, which is to run the AC in hot air setting. Instead of running it every morning, I'd do this EOD - reason, when you set this, you might start sweating due to the heat and immediately switching to cool air may cause some discomfort (like headache).

But, End Of the Day (EOD), you don't mind sweating a bit or you can stay outside the car (you have all the time in the world) and there is no need to cool the car down yourself; it'll take it's own time to cool down without any effort, over the night.

3. Using anti-fungal treatment. It is definitely the most expensive proposition (of all) and I have not used it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd November 2016 at 23:27.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 13:56   #6172
BHPian

I had raised a complaint by calling Nexa customer care. The response was really good. Immediately got a call from service advisor. The service advisor and workshop manager met me. We went for a test drive and I pointed out the way, the car was dragging to the right and the inability to slot sixth gear smoothly. They agreed the car had the complaints. I had also pointed out the poor quality of products used. The leather steering wheel cover was getting torn and the tyres were having cracks and chipping away after just 10,000 kms. They took the car and assured me the issues would be solved. Today got a call from service advisor. Apparently the issues have been sorted out. The leather steering wheel cover has been replaced and they've informed JK tyres. JK tyres have agreed to upgrade the tyres, but I would have to pay the difference in price which is around 5000 rupees. I was confused and asked him to let me know the exact amount. Would likely agree to it if it's less than 6000 rupees. Do you feel I should take the offer? The new tyres aren't JK Elanzo, but the next variant I suppose.
Old 25th November 2016, 14:49   #6173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Do you feel I should take the offer? The new tyres aren't JK Elanzo, but the next variant I suppose.
Since the current tyres have travelled 10,000 kms and you are getting a new set of tyres from J K. Right?

What I suggest is get those tyres and exchange it for something else like Michelin /Yokohama in case you are ready to absorb the financial impact.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 15:38   #6174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since the current tyres have travelled 10,000 kms and you are getting a new set of tyres from J K. Right?
Yes, I'll get new tyres after I pay some amount and it won't be Elanzo series, but a better series.
Old 25th November 2016, 16:07   #6175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Yes, I'll get new tyres after I pay some amount and it won't be Elanzo series, but a better series.
If it's JK Tyres I doubt the next series would be much better. Talk to JK for replacement of same tyres without additional cost and immediately trade those for Michellin/Yoko/Pirelli tyres. I believe it is better to spend additional cost on these tyres instead of investing in another JK product.
Old 25th November 2016, 19:14   #6176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post

2) There's a pungent odour coming from the car aircon. Whenever it is in the "fan mode" with AC off, there's this pungent odour that's quite uncomfortable to the passengers inside the car. As soon as, I switch the AC ON, it goes away. So I would like to know what's causing it as well. My AC is generally set to recirculation mode. Although I did try setting it to the fresh air mode to see if the odour goes away but It didn't work.

Would be great to have your inputs on my two queries
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
3. Using anti-fungal treatment. It is definitely the most expensive proposition (of all) and I have not used it.
Dear members,
Kindly use Liqui Moly's Klima Fresh for disinfecting the evaporator coil, which is the main source of foul smell. I have used it two months back, and am happy to report that it works as advertised.

More details-

Click to open

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 11:39   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I think the 1.6 stock will only get exhausted by end of 2016. So they aren't importing anything as of now.

Total import - 6000
Total sale till date - 4000
Left stock 2000

Assuming sale of 350 units per month.
Stock should last 5 - 6 months.
The new 1.6s might be from the new lot I suppose. Also the alloys are new for all cars or the one in the last few pages was a customization.
Thanks.
Old 26th November 2016, 12:06   #6178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
The new 1.6s might be from the new lot I suppose. Also the alloys are new for all cars or the one in the last few pages was a customization.
Thanks.
My S-Cross is April 2016 manufactured, but various tags on engine compartment indicate that engine was produced in early 2015. Maruti has got fresh imports recently, but what I have observed is Maruti doesn't get the recently produced engines imported from Italy.

The owner has confirmed that those alloys are from factory and not an accessory.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 08:13   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Located right behind the glove box. Check owner's manual Page 7-38 for the procedure.
Thank you kpzen. It was pretty easy to access and remove the aircon filter. Did the cleaning today. The filter was completely dusty.
Do not think this filter was cleaned during my last service (20K) a month back. I have to check whether the aircon filter cleaning is a part of the listed activity in the manual. Anyways, after the cleaning, the quantity/quality of airflow has increased.

Installed a phone charger for the rear seat passenger. Used the charging port inside the boot and ran the cable along the parcel tray and entered the rear arm rest area through the seat split. Not a trace of wire is visible anywhere.

In case of charging requirement in rear seat, just open the arm rest and do the charging. A jugad modification only

Mods: please merge with the above post. Could not edit and merge as the 30 minute window elapsed.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161127_083456.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161127_083428.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2016 at 09:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Sree73 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 18:26   #6180
BHPian

Got back from Jaisalmer yesterday after ditching Kinnaur Valley as per initial plans. Covered 1992 kms in 4 days. Today we completed 1 month with the car and the Odometer is at 4979 kms. Taking her for 5,000 kms 2nd free service on Wednesday.

Some pictures from the trip:

Jaisalmer Fort
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4435.jpg

Longewala
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4524.jpg

Road from Longewala to Tanot
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4534.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4539.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4587.jpg

Tanot-Jaisalmer Road
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4559.jpg

At Ramgarh