Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 12:27   #5716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Is it the same antenna which I shared in my post? I found it a bit smaller for the S-Cross. I think the shark fin antenna on the new Honda City is bigger in size, hence I thought that I have got the wrong antenna.
Yes. It is the same as you shared. This one is smaller than the City one, but perfectly fits. I'm not able to attach a picture from mobile now. If you can refer my post 5-6 pages brfore (I had attached a photo of my car - not able to search the post number on phone), you can see the antenna. Also in that photo you can see double barrel exhaust extension and chrome door handles.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:56   #5717
BANNED

Quote:

Is it the same antenna which I shared in my post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I had attached a photo of my car - not able to search the post number on phone.
Post No. 5680 is where Sree73 Sir had uploaded the rear 3 quarters image of God S-Cross. Direct link to that post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4053632

I hope this is the one you are referring to Sree73
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 13:03   #5718
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Post No. 5680 is where Sree73 Sir had uploaded the rear 3 quarters image of God S-Cross. Direct link to that post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4053632

I hope this is the one you are referring to Sree73
Perfect Anurag.. Thanks very much .

I'm back into my system. So, uploading a closeup of shark fin for reference.

Quote:
I ordered following 3 items from Amazon. More details in my thread.
Ajay,
I was wondering why you have ordered different colours for the Door guards (appears dark grey / black) and a white shark fin antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160913_124640.jpg  

Last edited by SDP : 14th September 2016 at 11:43. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 14:07   #5719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay,
I was wondering why you have ordered different colours for the Door guards (appears dark grey / black) and a white shark fin antenna.
My S-Cross is white so antenna has to be white. And door guards look better in contrasting colors IMO, hence those are black.
Old 13th September 2016, 14:18   #5720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Anyone who bought/ buys the 1.6 S Cross will enjoy the fact of his/ her decision a couple years down the line. Because it is simply so much more car than the others in its immediate radius of "competition".
Seriously, the more I see them, the more I like these cars. They have every qualification to become one of those quiet icons in Indian Motoring and perhaps 10-15 years on, to take on the mantle of "Classic". And the best part is that if maintained well, these have the capacity to remain in good shape years down the line as well.
The better things in life, quite clearly, are NOT for the masses and personally Im quite happy with this fact.
* I have NOT driven a 1.6 S-Cross yet *

Since you have specifically mentioned 1.6 S-Cross, I guess you are implying that the 1.6 litre engine is the reason why S-Cross could be a icon/classic. Now I do notice that 1.6 litre engine has some 30% higher torque than its similarly sized competitors. But other than the "number", what is unique about the engine?

- 1.5 litre engine from Vento/Rapid
- 1.6 litre engine from Creta
- 1.5 litre engine from Duster 110

all have similar performance characteristics. Take any parameter -

- power
- 0 to 100 kmph acceleration
- top speed
- In-gear acceleration

and the above engines roughly match the performance of 1.6 litre Fiat engine. Then how is 1.6 S-Cross different? Why is it the enthusiast's choice?

Last edited by SmartCat : 13th September 2016 at 14:34.
Old 13th September 2016, 14:19   #5721
BHPian

Quote:
My S-Cross is white so antenna has to be white. And door guards look better in contrasting colors IMO, hence those are black.
OK. Post the pictures once you fix these on the car. You may have to apply a little extra pressure on the Shark fin antenna so that it fixes on the car top surface. Normal pressure may not work. It requires hard pressing so that the adhesive tape properly get attached to the surface. Also clean the car surface properly. I think there will be a cleaning agent piece of cloth along with the package.

Actually, whether the door guards give any real guarding for the door?. The point of contact of the door on potential objects varies as per the height / profile of the object. So, do the guards really gives any protection?

Last edited by Sree73 : 13th September 2016 at 14:26.
Old 13th September 2016, 14:50   #5722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
* I have NOT driven a 1.6 S-Cross yet *

Since you have specifically mentioned 1.6 S-Cross, I guess you are implying that the 1.6 litre engine is the reason why S-Cross could be a icon/classic. Now I do notice that 1.6 litre engine has some 30% higher torque than its similarly sized competitors. But other than the "number", what is unique about the engine?

- 1.5 litre engine from Vento/Rapid
- 1.6 litre engine from Creta
- 1.5 litre engine from Duster 110

all have similar performance characteristics. Take any parameter -

- power
- 0 to 100 kmph acceleration
- top speed
- In-gear acceleration

and the above engines roughly match the performance of 1.6 litre Fiat engine. Then how is 1.6 S-Cross different? Why is it the enthusiast's choice?
Hi. Guess the fact that it is a 'Maruti' and a performance crossover or hatch and that it comes with all the bells and whistles makes it a unique product from the MSIL stable. Reliability power and mass appeal is what is in favor of the scross compared to the other names you mention. And frankly the scross has more features than all the other names and more space too
speed crusader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 01:15   #5723
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Finally remapped : 150 BHP, 390 NM!!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160908wa0002.jpg

Details would be put up in a new thread and it should be out soon.

Thanks to Tune-O-Tronics

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th September 2016 at 01:36.
Dr.Naren is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 05:54   #5724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Thanks to Tune-O-Tronics
You could not wait and at last bite the bullet

Congratulations !!!

Happy Onam to you and your family. Let the Onam be a remapped one to more happiness and prosperity.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 06:50   #5725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks to Tune-O-Tronics
Congratulations. Can the transmission take 390NM?
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 07:41   #5726
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1554015

Thanks to Tune-O-Tronics
Does one feel the need to get the remap to such figures on the already super charged machine? IMHO the 1.6 and 1.3 both need only a bit of a tuning to ease out pickup and a bit more torque around 1500rpm. Anyhow, still waiting for your complete thread. Kudos!
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 09:48   #5727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, whether the door guards give any real guarding for the door?. The point of contact of the door on potential objects varies as per the height / profile of the object. So, do the guards really gives any protection?
I agree with you to a large extent. The point of contact of the door does vary in different situations. But in most cases, say 6/10, the first point of contact is the protruding part of the door.

Besides, I like the looks of the car with the door guards, especially in contrasting colour. All of the cars at home have guards on them.
Old 14th September 2016, 09:51   #5728
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1554015

Thanks to Tune-O-Tronics
Hi Dr

Could you please tell us the real world implications of a remap on reliability, maintenance, emissions, resale. I am particularly interested in the reliability part. Also as i am Gurgaon and the tuners are usually from down south who make periodic visits up north ;do we need real time local support. Ive been contemplating getting a remap for my 1.6 but cannot convince myself. Also how does a remap compare to a tuning box on all the above parameters, esp reliability? All inputs will be deeply appreciated

Thanks
SC
speed crusader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 11:45   #5729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You could not wait and at last bite the bullet

Congratulations !!!

Happy Onam to you and your family. Let the Onam be a remapped one to more happiness and prosperity.
Thanks buddy!! I couldn't resist and it had to happen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congratulations. Can the transmission take 390NM?
Yes, it's capable of taking 390 NM. I had concerns regarding the same. People abroad have remapped 1.6 multijet / 2.0 multijet with same M32 gearbox and achieved 400 NM plus without issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Does one feel the need to get the remap to such figures on the already super charged machine? IMHO the 1.6 and 1.3 both need only a bit of a tuning to ease out pickup and a bit more torque around 1500rpm. Anyhow, still waiting for your complete thread. Kudos!
It's not at all a need for 1.6 S-Cross, pure want it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Hi Dr

Could you please tell us the real world implications of a remap on reliability, maintenance, emissions, resale. I am particularly interested in the reliability part. Also as i am Gurgaon and the tuners are usually from down south who make periodic visits up north ;do we need real time local support. Ive been contemplating getting a remap for my 1.6 but cannot convince myself. Also how does a remap compare to a tuning box on all the above parameters, esp reliability? All inputs will be deeply appreciated

Thanks
SC
Good remap is better than a tuning box. 1.6 S-Cross was the first car for TOT and Yes, we faced few issues. Everything would be put up in the respective thread. Suppose your engine can run 2 lakh KM, with a remap it might run 1.85 lakhs. But I do not mind enjoying the car and compromise on that small reduction in engine life. Also if you follow regular service intervals, remapped car should also do good in terms of reliability.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 13:42   #5730
BHPian

Quote:

It's not at all a need for 1.6 S-Cross, pure want it is.
Talk about "want" and suddenly almost nobody is going to be happy with their engines! Great job by TOT if it was their first car and the operation has been successful. Would like to read more about how remapping has been better than getting a Pete's or RD box for the multijet. 😀
sunejarahul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed