Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 14:00   #5536
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
Dear Friends,

I inquired the Noida Rohan NEXA, and as per them there is no MAP update provided by Maruti. I had faced serious problem on my trip to Hilly area, when I had to pull my Scross from a stand still on a steep slope.

Can we check this info from Maruti?

Thanks for your help.

regards.
Earlier some fellow BHPian mentioned that if you stop halfway during a steep climb, vehicle will behave exactly as it did in your case, he called it typical DDIS trait. Remap may not help in this case.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 15:52   #5537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Earlier some fellow BHPian mentioned that if you stop halfway during a steep climb, vehicle will behave exactly as it did in your case, he called it typical DDIS trait. Remap may not help in this case.
Yes this is typical for 1.6 S-Cross. Trick is not to get stuck while climbing an incline by maintaining adequate rpm. If you get stuck halfway, it takes little effort. I used to find it difficult initially while taking the car out from mall parking lots which have steep incline.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 16:19   #5538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really a DDIS trait.
1.3 DDIS90 doesn't have this issue.
Old 26th August 2016, 16:56   #5539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Not really a DDIS trait.
Yes. I do agree kpzen. I own a 1.3 Zeta and it's pretty easy to do stop / start on steep ramps. Not much of a concern.
Old 26th August 2016, 17:01   #5540
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Not really a DDIS trait.
One of my colleague who owns swift mentions one such experience during a hill station. During another interaction with an Ertiga owner he seemed to confirm this.

Agree with Dr.Naren regarding trick to manage steep climbs. Perhaps its only way out.
Old 26th August 2016, 18:56   #5541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of my colleague who owns swift mentions one such experience during a hill station. During another interaction with an Ertiga owner he seemed to confirm this.

Agree with Dr.Naren regarding trick to manage steep climbs. Perhaps its only way out.
There are two different situations here
A. Climbing steep inclines at normal altitude and pressure. eg. Normal inclines of malls in city.
B. Climbing steep inclines at high altitude and low atmospheric pressure. For eg. Hill stations

Scross 1.6 map struggles in situation A so in B it becomes even worse.

Your friends with Swift and Ertiga have no problem in Situation A.
However, in situation B they observed some problem and that is basically due to lack of oxygen.

Here's a 1.3 DDIS 90 climbing up a peak @ 3000m altitude. Stopping for a photo and climbing back again without much fuss. Just for reference.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20100810dsc_0510.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 26th August 2016 at 18:57.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 19:04   #5542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes this is typical for 1.6 S-Cross. Trick is not to get stuck while climbing an incline by maintaining adequate rpm. If you get stuck halfway, it takes little effort. I used to find it difficult initially while taking the car out from mall parking lots which have steep incline.
This issue is very disconcerting for someone like me who lives in a hilly area as one comes across many instances when you have to stop mid slope to give way to other vehicles.
How big of an issue is this. Is the vehicle able to crawl at least after starting using the handbrake or does it stall when doing so.
Old 26th August 2016, 19:59   #5543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a 1.3 DDIS 90 climbing up a peak @ 3000m altitude. Stopping for a photo and climbing back again without much fuss. Just for reference.
Attachment 1547479
Perfect!!

My 1.3 SX4 would climb effortlessly here.

My 1.6 S-Cross will also climb (after little struggle - handbrake + half clutch + throttle)
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 11:07   #5544
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross continues to be produced in low volumes with priority given to Vitara Brezza and Baleno. Maruti circular to Nexa on 10 weeks lead time continues.
Dealers receive some units but if you are particular of Granite Gray/ White then the wait needs to continue.
Expect Normal production volumes of S Cross to start in October.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 12:26   #5545
BHPian

Hi folks,

My S-Cross is nearing 10,000 km and I have given it for the 3rd service today. The service adviser gave an estimate of Rs. 5300 for Engine Oil, Filter, Wheel Alignment and Wheel balancing including weights. He also said this is parts + labor. If I am not wrong, for free service, they should not charge for labor - correct? I guess otherwise, the estimate is reasonable.

I always prefer to do wheel alignment and balancing outside - but given that I have a 1000 km trip coming up starting tomorrow and do not have the time to do it outside after the service I decided to let Bimal Maruti themselves do it.

Also, I am facing issues with wiper and it is giving a lot of streaks. Right from the beginning it was not perfect and used to give a streak or two but I thought it to be usual - my mistake to not replace it in the beginning. It is only 6 months and 9.5k kms and the wiper has given up and leaving behind a lot of streaks. Is this usual or am I not maintaining it properly? I asked SA to replace it under warranty and he said it cannot be done as it was 10k kms old and Maruti will not accept it. I requested him to replace it under goodwill - he said he will try and I hope he does it.

Is there anything specific I need to take care in the third service?
Old 27th August 2016, 15:19   #5546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hi folks,

My S-Cross is nearing 10,000 km and I have given it for the 3rd service today. The service adviser gave an estimate of Rs. 5300 for Engine Oil, Filter, Wheel Alignment and Wheel balancing including weights. He also said this is parts + labor. If I am not wrong, for free service, they should not charge for labor - correct? I guess otherwise, the estimate is reasonable.

I always prefer to do wheel alignment and balancing outside - but given that I have a 1000 km trip coming up starting tomorrow and do not have the time to do it outside after the service I decided to let Bimal Maruti themselves do it.

Also, I am facing issues with wiper and it is giving a lot of streaks. Right from the beginning it was not perfect and used to give a streak or two but I thought it to be usual - my mistake to not replace it in the beginning. It is only 6 months and 9.5k kms and the wiper has given up and leaving behind a lot of streaks. Is this usual or am I not maintaining it properly? I asked SA to replace it under warranty and he said it cannot be done as it was 10k kms old and Maruti will not accept it. I requested him to replace it under goodwill - he said he will try and I hope he does it.

First 3 services are free which means no labour charge. I guess SA meant labour for wheel alignment/balancing.

I get wheel alignment/balancing done only if required. Alignment is done if there is uneven tyre wear and balancing is done if I notice vibrations at high speeds.

I have also noticed wiper leaving behind streaks in my S-Cross. I have run only 3000 KM. I will ask for warranty replacement. I remember reading someone in this forum got it replaced under warranty.
Old 27th August 2016, 19:12   #5547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hi folks,

My S-Cross is nearing 10,000 km and I have given it for the 3rd service today.

If you have not done tyre rotation so far, please do the 4 wheel tyre rotation.
It's advisable to go for the tyre rotation once in 10K KMs.
Old 27th August 2016, 19:44   #5548
BHPian

Went to see the SA today. The diagnosis was "history of ABS error". Its cleared now.
I was told that, thats the reason for loss of power in some gears, I'm not convinced though.

Can it be possible that the ECM has decided to cut off power due to the error (light).

Enquired about ECM map too, but the SA confirmed that no updates are issued/available
for S-cross. Only a recall for Baleno to correct some problem with airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Please take the car to MASS as soon as possible. Don't delay.

In case you have an OBD 2 reader, plug it in and see what the CEU has stored.

Last edited by girishv : 27th August 2016 at 19:49.
Old 27th August 2016, 19:54   #5549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Went to see the SA today. The diagnosis was "history of ABS error". Its cleared now. I was told that, thats the reason for loss of power in some gears, I'm not convinced though.

Can it be possible that the ECM has decided to cut off power due to the error (light).
When the CEL (Check Engine Light) is ON, the ECU goes into limp mode. So it could be that when the CEL was ON the issue of low power was felt.

Have they just erased the codes or looked into the issue and sorted it completely? Do you know the error code number?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 20:00   #5550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Went to see the SA today. The diagnosis was "history of ABS error". Its cleared now.
I was told that, thats the reason for loss of power in some gears, I'm not convinced though.

Enquired about ECM map too, but the SA confirmed that no updates are issued/available
for S-cross. Only a recall for Baleno to correct some problem with airbags.
Let me share my experience also. I have Alpha 1.6 and completed 25k so far. When my car was at around 15k, the engine light started coming in randomly and i was not being able to use cruise control because of that. When i checked that with Motorcraft noida, they found that there was some problem in braking system because of which ECU was disabling Cruise and Engine light was getting on. They changed small part at Driver footside and never faced same problem again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks