Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 02:49   #4966
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I wear eye glasses and have difficulty with glare from oncoming vehicles (mild in case of low beam and severe in case of high beam). However I have always felt that the HID projectors reduce the glare for on coming vehicle very substantially. Any one else felt so?
The projector set up can 'channel' the light in a better fashion than regular reflectors and hence your finding is quite valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S-Cross stock bixenon setup has Osram d5s bulbs and 25W ballast. Are the bulbs 4300k?
A quick search did give me a result that it indeed is 4300K. However, my thoughts are any spec can have different Kelvin ratings for the bulbs. D5S didn't seem to be a popular spec though, might be specific to Maruti so that owners buy replacement bulbs only from them.

A H4 HID bulb has almost all Kelvin ratings and one can choose which bulbs (color) do they want to have in the H4 set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellat sasi View Post
I have an S Cross 1.3 delta. Took my family for a 514 km drive up into the Kullu hills. ....the vehicle's turbo lag was seriously noticeable. Overtaking had to be done in 2nd or first gear and most of the climb I had to do in 2nd and 3rd gear...

Has anyone had a similar experience or would advice me to do something different?
Its the learning phase for you and hence a bit of dejection. You just need to get used to the power delivery of the car and then it'll be fine. I personally, shamelessly shift to first and crawl at major inclines without trying to keep the car @ 2000 rpm or get into unnecessary speeds. The thumb rule is to avoid looking at the gear and manage the motion at the comfortable speed / gear / rpm. If there is a slow moving vehicle, keep enough distance and follow till you have a good visibility & space to overtake. Make sure you shift at least @ 3000 rpm or above on inclines as the rpm will drop while shifting leaving you out of turbo zone if upshifted anything below 2500 rpm.

PS: For a normal gearshift speed, expect a drop of 500 rpm. So, if you upshift at 2500 rpm on normal roads, the engine will be spinning at 2000 rpm after the gear shift. On an incline, the speed drop will be higher and hence I suggested an upshift @ 3000 rpm. The drop in rpm is linearly proportional to the gearshift speed. The more time you take to compete gear shift, the rpm drop could be more; unless you are on a downward incline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Not just you, anyone with a turbo charged diesel...

The other option would be to get your car remapped. As the tuners tend to reduce the lag considerably.
Not all turbo charged diesels have this issue. Its all dependent on the way its tuned. You'll never have such issues with an Innova or the K9K series 85 bhp versions as there is zero turbo lag. As you said, MJD is notorious in this aspect.

Again, the tuners may reduce the turbo lag IF that's how the customer wants it. There is no general rule that a remap will definitely address the turbo lag. But since most of them find an issue with turbo lag, this is a parameter that will be tweaked.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th June 2016 at 02:54.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:53   #4967
Distinguished - BHPian

Transformation :

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160523wa0011.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160616wa0009_1466057650056.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160523wa0016.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160616wa0013.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160523wa0012.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160616wa0007.jpg

I am not happy with gloss black wrap above rear number plate. I am planning to remove it in few days. I love the front wrap around number number plate and ORVM .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 12:10   #4968

I have made few changes to the stock wheels by applying carbon fiber vinyl, which totally changes the look and feel of the alloys. Only if Maruti Suzuki had taken into notice the discontent among the S-Cross owners in India, it would have boosted the sales a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_alloys.jpg  

iwanderer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 12:10   #4969
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you Dr. Naren. The front looks pretty nice and so do the mirrors. The rear wrap does not go well as you've mentioned.

But overall, looks fabulous. Did you consider wrapping up the chrome strips on the front grill, just like the grill outside of India?

I am thinking of mat black roof actually. However, I need to see it virtually how it looks.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 16th June 2016 at 12:11.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 12:22   #4970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Transformation :
I am not happy with gloss black wrap above rear number plate. I am planning to remove it in few days. I love the front wrap around number number plate and ORVM .
Instead of Gloss you could have used the matt as front, would suit to the bumper black.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 12:40   #4971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I agree with you Dr. Naren. The front looks pretty nice and so do the mirrors. The rear wrap does not go well as you've mentioned.

But overall, looks fabulous. Did you consider wrapping up the chrome strips on the front grill, just like the grill outside of India?

I am thinking of mat black roof actually. However, I need to see it virtually how it looks.
3M Store advised me not to wrap grill. They were not sure if it would stay on chrome. But local accessory guy is confident about it. I saw a duster with matte black wrapped front grill by him.

I would prefer to source the grill like kpzen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Instead of Gloss you could have used the matt as front, would suit to the bumper black.
I too think so. Front looks good because matte black wrap gels well with body cladding which is also of same colour. I will consider wrapping it in matte black after I remove gloss black wrap.
Old 16th June 2016, 13:33   #4972

I had earlier raised the below question. But read more on the forum.
So, need to visit the Stock Yard or ask for the Form 22. As the SA only has the 17 character Chassis Number.

-------------------------------
Looking at buying a 1.3 Zeta. Have been provided the VIN by the SA. But a bit unsure how to decode. As I see a little ambiguity regarding 21 or 19 or 17 characters in the VIN.

I have got: MA3FNEB1S00132291

Can someone help decode the manufacture Year, Month please.

Last edited by KAMALJHA : 16th June 2016 at 13:47. Reason: Got more information
Old 16th June 2016, 14:25   #4973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
Have been provided the VIN by the SA. But a bit unsure how to decode. As I see a little ambiguity regarding 21 or 19 or 17 characters in the VIN.

This is only 17 characters. You need 19 characters, in which the last two characters dictate the Month and Year. There is a cross X after the above 17 characters and then the two characters for M and Y. Something like this:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151120_113330.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 14:31   #4974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
I had earlier raised the below question. But read more on the forum.
So, need to visit the Stock Yard or ask for the Form 22. As the SA only has the 17 character Chassis Number.

Looking at buying a 1.3 Zeta. Have been provided the VIN by the SA. But a bit unsure how to decode. As I see a little ambiguity regarding 21 or 19 or 17 characters in the VIN.

I can say that your S-Cross is May/June 2016 manufactured for sure. Based on the VIN number provided, your S-Cross is after 4k number than mine which is April 2016 manufactured.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 14:39   #4975

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
Friends, during the second free service (@ 5000 Kms) of my Delta 1.6, I reported a suspension related issue at the Service Center: A heavy clunking sound which apparently originates from the “Rear Axle Tube” only when the vehicle is turning on a path with any gradient. Say, on a Ramp or curved path wherein the vehicle would require bending on one side due to slope in the path. [/b]
I have faced, I think, exact same problem in my 1.6 delta. When ever car used to move on uneven surface making it roll like a boat from left to right, there was this cluck cluck sound. Reported it with some other sound coming from left FD window and both were fixed.
But the problem came again after 2-3K Kms, again went back and they have fixed it, have said that they tightened the suspension bolts. But I think I have again heard it a day or two back after another 2-3 K Kms.

On top of this I have also heard some noises sometimes coming from back seat.... I have complained, it goes away and again comes back irritating me a lot.

Have had various visits and I am not at all happy with Maruti and have sort of given up on them.

Just drive with music and am trying to take this thud-pud and other sounds as part of it
320NmThunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 14:50   #4976
BHPian

Hey Guys, I am thinking of upgrading the headlight bulbs in my 1.3 zeta. Could someone who has done this help me with your suggestions? I don't want to void the warranty by cutting the wire, etc. Also, it would be helpful if my fellow bangaloreans could suggest a place to get this done in South Bangalore. Thanks!
Old 16th June 2016, 14:55   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Hey Guys, I am thinking of upgrading the headlight bulbs in my 1.3 zeta. Could someone who has done this help me with your suggestions? I don't want to void the warranty by cutting the wire, etc. Also, it would be helpful if my fellow bangaloreans could suggest a place to get this done in South Bangalore. Thanks!

Hi Satish,

where in Bangalore south do you stay? I have a 1.6 delta urban blue and stay in BSK III stage. It will be nice to say hi if I happen to chance upon you

Girish
Old 16th June 2016, 15:52   #4978
BHPian

Do the 7" infotainment system in S-Cross comes with a remote control? I'm not able to recollect whether I received one, or misplaced this?
Old 16th June 2016, 15:57   #4979
BHPian

Quote:
Transformation
French Beard looks cool on the S-Cross
avingodb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 16:13   #4980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Do the 7" infotainment system in S-Cross comes with a remote control? I'm not able to recollect whether I received one, or misplaced this?
It does not come with one. However, you can download an app and get a remote on your phone. I found it better, as I can switch directly from USB to FM without going to AM and vice versa

Here is the link -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.rcconn&hl=en
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks