Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 00:45   #4816
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Don't struggle to get a tweeter. Get components in a few months. More than decent ones under 5k. Accessories on the limited edition are not worth it. The infotainment system has got excellent reviews.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:35   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please find out the price. You might be able to get a pair of good component speakers in the grey market for the same price. Think well & take a call please, even if that means waiting for a month or two. A nice pair should be available for 3.5K or so, from JBL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Don't struggle to get a tweeter. Get components in a few months. More than decent ones under 5k. Accessories on the limited edition are not worth it. The infotainment system has got excellent reviews.
If I remember correctly, the cost of the tweeter quoted was roughly around 1k. But, I am not sure whether I need wiring harness etc for the tweeter and whether its available separately or not. Will take a call after that only.

Was contemplating infinity reference 6500cx (http://www.snapdeal.com/product/infi...rence%206500cx). But has second thought as the same costs close to double on amazon.

Thanks for the suggestions, have written to my RM and based on the cost of the part and other accessories needed, will take a call. The reason I was thinking of tweeter from Maruti is that, it has a peculiar fitting and may be a perfect fit in the tweeter box

Girish
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:48   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Was contemplating infinity reference 6500cx (http://www.snapdeal.com/product/infi...rence%206500cx). But has second thought as the same costs close to double on amazon.
Infinity 6500 costs 4.8k on Snapdeal and is available for ~5.5k on Amazon.

Quote:
The reason I was thinking of tweeter from Maruti is that, it has a peculiar fitting and may be a perfect fit in the tweeter box
Yes, aftermarket ones will have to be stuck on the dashboard and look ugly from outside, at least to me.

Try getting components from ICE shops instead. JBL and Pioneer would be available for around 3-3.5k easily (grey market) or say 4k. You can order OEM tweeter with the remaining 1k and replace the JBL/Pioneer tweeter with it. If you have good relations with the shop, you can have components fitted at a very nominal cost. The performance would be a notch below a complete branded setup as OEM tweeters are very low quality. Only positive is that you can have a neat looking dashboard.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 15:46   #4819
BHPian

Quote:
Another question I have is regarding insurance amounts quoted at NEXA. Huge amounts. Myy friend's Baleno has around 44k worth insurance for a delta petrol. Our Brezza ZDi costed 24k although its more than 3 lakhs costlier.
Maybe your friend scored a discount as usually discounts can go as much as 70%. Insurance company, ex-showroom price, registration area, type of policy (with or without nil depreciation) and few other things can change the price a lot.
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:14   #4820
Senior - BHPian

Diesel experts:

Is it normal to see a puff of smoke thrown out every time I floor the paddle in the 2nd or 3rd gear to rush ahead? In a normal run, I don't see any smoke coming out, but in these sudden sprint scenarios, its always there.
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:23   #4821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Is it normal to see a puff of smoke thrown out every time I floor the paddle in the 2nd or 3rd gear to rush ahead? In a normal run, I don't see any smoke coming out, but in these sudden sprint scenarios, its always there.
Don't worry, it's perfectly alright for the engine to throw out black smoke under sudden rpm increase due to partially burnt fuel. It can be seen in the DDIS as you rapidly accelerate in 2nd or 3rd near around 3000 rpm IIRC.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 3rd June 2016 at 16:25.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:52   #4822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Maybe your friend scored a discount as usually discounts can go as much as 70%. Insurance company, ex-showroom price, registration area, type of policy (with or without nil depreciation) and few other things can change the price a lot.
I didn't get you. How can discounts increase the price?
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:17   #4823
BANNED

Quote:
Is it normal to see a puff of smoke thrown out every time I floor the paddle in the 2nd or 3rd gear to rush ahead?
Yes it is normal. Don't worry, just enjoy the car.

Is the puff is visible post 3000 RPM?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:23   #4824
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't get you. How can discounts increase the price?
Sorry! I read it wrong. I meant you could have got a discount. But on second thoughts and verifying the ex showroom prices of the models mentioned, your friend definitely paid more as he should have paid Rs. 24000 - 25000 without any discount. Please tell him to check the policy details.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:28   #4825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes it is normal. Don't worry, just enjoy the car.

Is the puff is visible post 3000 RPM?
Facing the same issue in my Scross 1.6 got it diagnosed from Service centre 2 times now but still i can see black smoke in 2nd and 3rd if i press the accelerator hard.
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:53   #4826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Facing the same issue in my Scross 1.6 got it diagnosed from Service centre 2 times now but still i can see black smoke in 2nd and 3rd if i press the accelerator hard.
If you are not in the right rpm band, then its bound to smoke when you bury the accelerator pedal. The smoke is due to the inefficient combustion. Try to push the car when its in the turbo range as otherwise accelerating doesn't really give the output other than black smoke.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:03   #4827
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Diesel experts:

For better clarity- Is this puff coming as soon as you step on the throttle after running in lower rpms for some time? If yes, then it's normal and it's just the clearing of accumulated soot from the exhaust pipe due to the sudden rush of air through it.

If it's coming continually every time you step on the throttle, even during aggressive driving, then it's need to be checked.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 08:47   #4828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellat sasi View Post
Are the alloys the same as Brezza?
No idea mate.

Check the static pics if you can find them on the net. The one I saw was moving so there is no way one can make out if these alloys are similar to the Brezza or not.
Old 4th June 2016, 09:03   #4829
BHPian

Been following this thread for a long time and have a question to S-Cross owners and/or to other members in the know about the Touchscreen Infotainment System in the S-Cross. Is it the same one as in the Baleno & Ciaz ? Is there anyway I can procure a separate unit for use in Maruti variants that doesn't come with it ?
Old 4th June 2016, 19:38   #4830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Been following this thread for a long time and have a question to S-Cross owners and/or to other members in the know about the Touchscreen Infotainment System in the S-Cross. Is it the same one as in the Baleno & Ciaz ? Is there anyway I can procure a separate unit for use in Maruti variants that doesn't come with it ?
S-Cross / Baleno / Ciaz / Brezza shares the same Infotainment system.
What I understood from the SA is that the OEM Touchscreen Infotainment system will not be compatible with the lower versions. You may have to go for some after market systems.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks