Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 14:36   #4756
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Vitara Brezza machined alloys availability in Bangalore: (for S-Cross) - Bimal Bangalore does not have this part in their stock and SA is not sure about when this will be available.

Anyone have information about this Brezza machined alloy being available at any dealers in Bangalore?

Last edited by Sree73 : 30th May 2016 at 14:51.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:10   #4757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
With regards to my choice of car, I was in the market looking to exchange my 7 year old Innova for a high/good quality, diesel family car... ... ...
You traded in your Innova for the S Cross.

That is some news man! I think you should write down a comprehensive report of your decision-making and ownership. Moving to the DDIS320 from the Innova, I am sure you would have felt a vast change in every major aspect (performance, high speed capability, quality, body roll, comfort, FE and refinement). Involve a detailed comparison with your previous car and a good analysis of the alternatives you considered.

It is good to hear that your are happy with your choice, and this is what matters at the end of the day. Congrats on the new car and enjoy it to the core. Nice rims.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 18:56   #4758
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to join the 1.6 alpha league...
Here is my 'brownie'.
Attachment 1511956
2. Illuminated door sil (Rs. 4000 I guess)
3. Vitara Brezza Alloys (Costed Rs. 32,000 including spare alloy)
4. Michelin P3ST (Costed Rs. 40,000 for a set of 5)
Congratulations on your acquisition! Like someone already said, surprised that you traded an Innova for the S-Cross.

I can proclaim that the S-Cross is definitely not a bland looking car. I'll blame MSIL for making a terrible mistake with the choice of alloys!

BTW, I guess it wouldn't be incorrect to say almost every second owner on T-BHP has swapped the stock rims for aftermarket or sibling alloys!
Old 30th May 2016, 21:00   #4759
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to join the 1.6 alpha league...

Here is my 'brownie'.

Unfortunately some Maruti DNA still left at Nexa. Hope they learn what premium service actually means

On road price without insurance was Rs. 14,13,461 in Hyderabad.
Congratulations on your 'brownie'. Welcome to the S Cross fold.
The Maruti DNA is definitely there in Nexa.
Giving a bouquet and clapping will not make it premium. The attitude has to change.

Btw. What is the tax percentage in hyderabad?
Old 30th May 2016, 21:12   #4760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
You traded in your Innova for the S Cross.

That is some news man! I think you should write down a comprehensive report of your decision-making and ownership. Moving to the DDIS320 from the Innova, I am sure you would have felt a vast change in every major aspect (performance, high speed capability, quality, body roll, comfort, FE and refinement). Involve a detailed comparison with your previous car and a good analysis of the alternatives you considered.

It is good to hear that your are happy with your choice, and this is what matters at the end of the day. Congrats on the new car and enjoy it to the core. Nice rims.
Thanks buddy. Will definitely do a ownership review once I finish first service. Requirements in the family changed a lot since we purchased Innova in 2009. Family got shrunk from 4 to 2 and travel distance decreased considerably too. Besides that some other factors played into the decision. Stay tuned for few more details. You'll be surprised there could be many like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Congratulations on your acquisition! Like someone already said, surprised that you traded an Innova for the S-Cross.

I can proclaim that the S-Cross is definitely not a bland looking car. I'll blame MSIL for making a terrible mistake with the choice of alloys!

BTW, I guess it wouldn't be incorrect to say almost every second owner on T-BHP has swapped the stock rims for aftermarket or sibling alloys!
Thank you! Besides the details mentioned above, cost was a huge factor. When we got the Innova, it was the best yet costed us Rs. 11 lakh on road. Now the pricing changed a lot and crossovers/compact/Urban SUVs made more sense.

You are right! The character changed a lot after the alloys were changed. But MSIL is making good business on this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
Congratulations on your 'brownie'. Welcome to the S Cross fold.
Giving a bouquet and clapping will not make it premium. The attitude has to change.

Btw. What is the tax percentage in hyderabad?
Thanks bro! Forget clapping! The so called RMs need lot of lecturing actually. They've improved in some areas like offering discounts (could be more due to the vehicle than Nexa) and listening to customer more patiently but not in the important areas like PDI, Delivery formalities, documentation etc.

Not sure what you mean by Tax percentage but it costed 14% on 12.5 lakhs. So roughly 1.75 was tax portion

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th May 2016 at 23:26. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 30th May 2016, 22:48   #4761
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post

Very precisely put. Cultural change by itself is a slow and long process. Things will take time for sure.

My experience has been poor at NEXA Ambala. Frankly i am not amused by these gimmicks. What I want is immaculate service delivery. In my case Maruti first accepted my booking of 1.6 Delta, later accepted and held full payment for sometime and returned money saying 1.6 Delta can't be delivered ! How bothersome these things are? They wanted me to go for Alpha which I declined. Dealership seems desperate and in hurry to recover investment. Even I had interaction with TSM who also made some false assurances to me. After this my expectation from NEXA went down. There is complaint for over 40 days on this with no action on it !

They may have one odd guy who is good enough but he is often handicapped by cultural constraints! Why these people don't realise that they may come across some customers who may know a thing or two about car and purchase process. What's the use of bluffing?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th May 2016 at 23:26. Reason: fixing the quote tags
Old 31st May 2016, 00:26   #4762

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here is an S Cross I saw in Sydney, Australia, day before yesterday going from the Airport into town, somewhere near the big tunnel.
I wasn't able to get the badging picture from behind but it clearly said SX4 S Cross 4x4.

Here are the Australia Specs...
http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/su...specifications
Are the alloys the same as Brezza?
Old 31st May 2016, 10:42   #4763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellat sasi View Post
Are the alloys the same as Brezza?
No. Those are 17" of a different design.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pic1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pic2.jpg

Pic source - http://dailyautofix.com/car-reviews/...-cross-review/

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by noopster : 31st May 2016 at 11:21.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:03   #4764
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know form where I can get a bonnet protector for the S Cross, its available in Australia as an SGP, not sure if Maruti sells this.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scrosssmokebonnetprotector.jpg  

Old 31st May 2016, 11:12   #4765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does anyone know form where I can get a bonnet protector for the S Cross, its available in Australia as an SGP, not sure if Maruti sells this.
Bonnet protector? This looks like a wind deflector. Quite useful in harsh weather. It would be available aftermarket I guess but S-Cross specific ones would be hard to find. Aftermarket is flooded with these for Safari, Duster, Fortuner, Pajero and the likes. Most probably a worker would fix the one whose design matches closest to the car's contours.

You can order it through international sites if you can find the exact part number. eBay should be having such listings.

Another name is bug or dirt deflector.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 11:15   #4766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Mates: Is an online user manual available? I found one for the UK S-Cross, but not any here.
I think it is there inside the nexaexperience site for the owners. You need to login using the VIN
cjsarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 12:02   #4767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Unhappy with stock projectors

I am not at all happy with output of stock bixenon projectors. It is only little better than halogen in terms of width. Today I have noticed that outer chrome lining surrounding the lens is getting chipped off and also projectors vibrate while driving on bad roads.

Zoom in and look for chrome lining getting chipped off at left side of pic near lens
The vibration of the projector beams is something that I also noticed on my
S-Cross. I was wondering whether it is normal? And if not , is it something serious and should it be taken care of immediately?
Old 31st May 2016, 12:05   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
In my case Maruti first accepted my booking of 1.6 Delta, later accepted and held full payment for sometime and returned money saying 1.6 Delta can't be delivered ! How bothersome these things are?
I had seen this at NEXA Ambattur too when I went for the PDI, my RM received a call from a customer who had been paying emi for the last two months without having taken delivery of his car because these people had promised him delivery and the bank had released the payment.
The private banks executives push every thing just to meet the monthly targets.
The RM showed complete apathy when she said that it was the customer's problem, he should have been careful before releasing the payment.
Long way to go NEXA, if you really want people to have a premium experience. :banghead:
Old 31st May 2016, 13:18   #4769
BHPian

One of my friends is trying to book the Zeta.1.6 but the RM says that both the Delta and Zeta 1.6 has been discontinued. Is this true? It is still listed on the website. Has any one bought one recently?
Old 31st May 2016, 13:20   #4770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
One of my friends is trying to book the Zeta.1.6 but the RM says that both the Delta and Zeta 1.6 has been discontinued. Is this true? It is still listed on the website. Has any one bought one recently?
Okay confirmed Alpha 1.6 is only available. Maruti has discontinued the other variants of DDiS320!

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2016 at 10:55. Reason: Typo
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks