Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 16:48   #4351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
. I hope the S cross will be well placed on highway drives as the Verna never kept up to its expectations.
Hyundai cars were never known to have great highway manners. I don't own a S-Cross (taken multiple test drives) but can vouch for its road manners which is far superior to Verna (driven for close to 500 kms on the highway). Also the Fiat sourced 1.6 in S-cross has comparable power to your Verna but has a lot more torque. The S-Cross rides like an European car. Take a long TD to check it for yourself.
Cheers

Last edited by Waspune : 8th May 2016 at 16:51.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 17:16   #4352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Yes. You should not have any second thought about changing stock tyres.
Get them changed immediately after delivery.
You can go for Michelin, Pirelli or Conti. I would say even Goodyear's are better then stock JKs.
Thanks for the advice buddy!! I have had bad experience with Michelin and Bridgestone before due to soft sidewall. What about sidewall of Pirelli? I am quoted 50k for Pirelli tyres (stock size) with Momo alloys after buy back of stock alloys and tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Consider the Falkens with a small upsize. They're great!
I am using Falken in SX4. Tyre size is same for S cross too. I had bought it online from snapdeal. It costs 5k online and around 7k with dealer per tyre.
Old 8th May 2016, 19:20   #4353
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Been following this forum for a couple of weeks now & the past few days have given me a shocker , MS discontinuing production of the 1.6 Delta & Zeta which ultimately points to phasing out the 1.6 altogether, and that too when the 1.6 is finally picking up momentum in sales. MS!
Is there any official word on this yet?
Maruti Suzuki has started NEXA with great fanfare and with specific business objective towards premium cars. S-cross has been their ambitious product. Notwithstanding the beauty of driving of 1.3, they can't ignore products from competition. So that way 1.6 engine seems aligned to their business strategy and apparently indispensable for now IMHO. Though it could be available in top variant only as per reports.

During a TD when I questioned RM regarding poor sales of S-cross, he cited example of Innova which had poor sales initially but picked up later on
Old 8th May 2016, 21:42   #4354
BHPian

Re: 1.3 to 1.6 - Plans for a first upgrade in teambhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sandy,
Since you already know the code6 guys and also considering to take a financial hit by selling the Scross 1.3.
Please drive the Code6 Creta once.
Will definitely give it a try
I had spent some time with the creta, though powerful, creta seemed to be a nervous handler, may be I was used to heavy swift steering when I Tded it. Will go for a TD once more.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 21:48   #4355
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1.3 to 1.6 - Plans for a first upgrade in teambhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
. The current price OTR for alpha is 14.25 lacs.
At Chennai, OTR is 15.2L for 1.6 Alpha. How come there's a lakh difference in your place?
Any discounts or 2015 model?
Old 8th May 2016, 22:29   #4356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
At Chennai, OTR is 15.2L for 1.6 Alpha. How come there's a lakh difference in your place?
Any discounts or 2015 model?
Karnataka taxes are close to 18% for cars with 12L ex showroom , whereas certain north states and union territories are having taxes as low as 4%, that's our great country my friend
Old 8th May 2016, 23:01   #4357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Karnataka taxes are close to 18% for cars with 12L ex showroom , whereas certain north states and union territories are having taxes as low as 4%, that's our great country my friend
True & known.
But Kerala & Tami Nadu are having same kind of taxes and policies. Hence the question raised.
May be difference in vehicle with higher displacement.
Need to pay additional lakh if I book S cross at Chennai 😌
Old 9th May 2016, 11:56   #4358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post

-1.6 Zeta production is discontinued as it misses out on some features compare to 1.3 zeta,also those who plan for 1.6 zeta can stretch to 1.6 Alpha with the current discounts available.

-1.6 Delta is still in production but waiting period is too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
So there is no mention of any timeline, this vagueness may be used later as per their convenience ! Not specifying exact timeline is my worry because it points to potential problems in production IMHO. However situation in case of Alpha is much better than my booking of 1.6 Delta.

You may search zauba by keywords of '1600 CC engine' and see the import details for 1.6 engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Maruti may not have consumed all the 1.6 engines imported so far. They will be having enough stock to cater the demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
I'd decided that the S Cross 1.6 Delta would be the one, with of course, stretching my budget to around ~11.5L OTR.
Been following this forum for a couple of weeks now & the past few days have given me a shocker , MS discontinuing production of the 1.6 Delta & Zeta which ultimately points to phasing out the 1.6 altogether, and that too when the 1.6 is finally picking up momentum in sales.

Update - confirmed by RM @ Nexa

Maruti Suzuki had requested its dealers on discontinuing its Zeta and Delta variants of DDiS320 citing low demand for these.
However if your booking is prior to this intimation it would be honored.

Speculation:

- Further imports of 1.6MJD could be it is still having stocks of them. Also note Fiat has this engine temporarily on hold due to its 'excessive NOx level'- Could affect Vitara and S Cross

- Market shifts to Petrol -S Cross petrol variant is coming soon on priority catering to both local and exports( Indonesia, Bhutan, etc). Could generate more volumes ( & profits) compared to its 1.6 lower variants.

- Production capacity utilization is a concern , so lower profitability products could be axed to make way for Brezza / S Cross exports, and its upcoming
facelifts.

- The 'Premium SUV' from Maruti Suzuki is speculated to have the 1.6 DDiS as the engine on its Diesel variant, hence do not see this being phased in the near future ( 2 years)

http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-s-cros...-really/25155/

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th May 2016 at 12:02.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 12:10   #4359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Market shifts to Petrol -S Cross petrol variant is coming soon on priority catering to both local and exports( Indonesia, Bhutan, etc). Could generate more volumes ( & profits) compared to its 1.6 lower variants.

Hope this coincides with the introduction of the facelift. Both of these moves together could kick start the revival of this wonderful car.

Visited few showrooms yesterday and saw Brezza, BRV, New Innova, Jazz, Baleno and SCross. My version of window shopping. Out of these options- there was only one that the heart was calling out for a test drive - the 1.6 DDiS SCross.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 14:27   #4360
BHPian

Guys,
Need some help here. I have got some really expensive alloys and tyres for my S-Cross. And lately have this constant worry that it might get stolen. So I am looking out to buy lug nuts for the alloys.
I believe the size is M12x1.25 thread size. Can some one confirm if this is right?

Next, can I get these in India and in Pune/ Mumbai? I tried searching but could not get information on this even on T-Bhp.

Few names I got on the internet are Gorilla, McGaurd, etc. Which is a good one to buy?
Old 9th May 2016, 14:48   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Guys,
Need some help here. I have got some really expensive alloys and tyres for my S-Cross. And lately have this constant worry that it might get stolen. So I am looking out to buy lug nuts for the alloys.
I believe the size is M12x1.25 thread size. Can some one confirm if this is right?

Next, can I get these in India and in Pune/ Mumbai? I tried searching but could not get information on this even on T-Bhp.

Few names I got on the internet are Gorilla, McGaurd, etc. Which is a good one to buy?
hi Shivasi,
Could you please share some pics of the upgraded tyres and alloys?
Old 9th May 2016, 14:56   #4362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Guys,

I had aftermarket alloys on my Figo. I bought Gorilla lug nuts from the dealer who sold me the alloys, so it was up to him to match the size. Which he did.
I would recommend that you head down to the nearest reputed tyre shop or accessory shop which sells alloys, and have them fitted. Might just be a lot easier that way.
Old 9th May 2016, 15:03   #4363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
hi Shivasi,
Could you please share some pics of the upgraded tyres and alloys?
Checkout page 259 of this thread and the thread on alloy wheel showoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I had aftermarket alloys on my Figo. I bought Gorilla lug nuts from the dealer who sold me the alloys, so it was up to him to match the size. Which he did.
I would recommend that you head down to the nearest reputed tyre shop or accessory shop which sells alloys, and have them fitted. Might just be a lot easier that way.
Yeah but not sure if they sell originals or some Chinese stuff. Though I will check the shop where I got the alloys from.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 16:47   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks for the advice buddy!! I have had bad experience with Michelin and Bridgestone before due to soft sidewall. What about sidewall of Pirelli? I am quoted 50k for Pirelli tyres (stock size) with Momo alloys after buy back of stock alloys and tyres.
Doc, I have not used Pirelli, but I was quoted 8k per tyre when I was looking for quotes. I think Pirelli's won't outnumber Michelin's in terms of sidewall strength.

I went for Michelin's in SCross and, touch wood, they are doing good so far. Have given them tough time so far in the roads of Bangalore, Mangalore ( and even Kasaragod ).

On my SX4, I had Goodyear's and I am not happy on the performance front. They become hard after some usage and some tyres throw up balancing issues. However, I was running on second set of GYs when I sold the car. I purchased them for the second time only because of the cost factor.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 19:17   #4365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Update - confirmed by RM @ Nexa

Maruti Suzuki had requested its dealers on discontinuing its Zeta and Delta variants of DDiS320 citing low demand for these.
However if your booking is prior to this intimation it would be honored.
Just called my Local Nexa Dealership & was quoted 3 month waiting period for the 1.6 Delta & Zeta and only 1 month for the Alpha.
No mention of discontinuing the lower variants whatsoever.
However, what I am not certain of right now is that this could be a ploy from the dealer to make me book a Delta right now & later citing very long delays/discontinuation force me to change my booking to either the 1.3 or the 1.6 Alpha - either of which I don't want/can't have

In any case, I am thinking of booking the 1.6 delta next month when I visit home. What do I have to lose - I would only need it 5-6 months later, so, either I'll get it by then or will start looking for some other viable option

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks