Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 13:32   #3961
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to know your valuable opinion on S-cross. My colleague (newbie to cars) is in the hunt for a new car. He is not going to buy anything other than a Maruti. Currently he is considering Baleno (Delta 1.3 diesel) and S-cross (1.3 sigma). S-cross (1.3 sigma) costs around Rs 1 lakh more than Baleno Delta 1.3 diesel variant.

Please suggest which one is the best buy in terms of
  • Build quality,
  • Performance,
  • Interiors quality,
  • Service experience at Nexa and regular Maruti showrooms for these nexa cars,
  • Kitna Deti Hai (S-cross mileage will be very low?)
Finally, is it worth paying Rs 1 lakh more for s-cross?
that these cars belong to two different segments, but can't help it .
Of he can push a little bit and go for 1.3 delta, then S-cross will be best. About mileage, my 1.6 gives me around 14-15 in Bangalore traffic and close to 24 on long trips. I read that 1.3 gives 16 in Bangalore.

Build quality is at the least two orders better in S-cross. Even the space in the back seat is more in S-cross where three was a tight fit in baleno.

Both S-cross and baleno are sold at NEXA, so there should not be any difference in service experience as they both are services at normal maruti show rooms only.

1 lakh, yes it's worth more than 1 lakh
Old 12th April 2016, 13:52   #3962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Please suggest which one is the best buy in terms of
  • Build quality,
  • Performance,
  • Interiors quality,
  • Service experience at Nexa and regular Maruti showrooms for these nexa cars,
  • Kitna Deti Hai (S-cross mileage will be very low?)
Finally, is it worth paying Rs 1 lakh more for s-cross?
that these cars belong to two different segments, but can't help it .
It is a no brainer - the S Cross is far superior to the Baleno on all counts except service quality where it will be on par with the Baleno, as well as performance where the Baleno ought to be quicker.
The space, quality, suspension set up, etc. of the S-Cross are easily worth the 1L premium!
Old 12th April 2016, 14:03   #3963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I would like to know your valuable opinion on S-cross. My colleague (newbie to cars) is in the hunt for a new car.[*]Service experience at Nexa and regular Maruti showrooms for these nexa cars,
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
It is a no brainer - the S Cross is far superior to the Baleno on all counts except service quality where it will be on par with the Baleno,
Since your question is on the service experience of Nexa Cars , I can say it is far more superior the the regular Maruti cars.

You as a customer is treated differently ( given priority, dedicated bay, as etc), specific trained service personnel ( especially related to the DDiS320) and seemed a bit more premium
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 00:28   #3964
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Team,
What are the current offers/discounts available for 1.3 S cross? I was told no discounts available for 2016 models, when I visited Nexa today. Also no variants of 1.6 is discontinued and would be built on order. I always wanted to buy 1.6 S cross and dad is dead against this. We are considering 1.3 Zeta now and sell grand i10.
Old 13th April 2016, 05:10   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello Team,
What are the current offers/discounts available for 1.3 S cross? I was told no discounts available for 2016 models, when I visited Nexa today. Also no variants of 1.6 is discontinued and would be built on order. I always wanted to buy 1.6 S cross and dad is dead against this. We are considering 1.3 Zeta now and sell grand i10.
Which NEXA did you enquire ?
Officially there are no discounts from MSIL.
Check out Bharath Auto Cars once, they might offer you something better.
If needed I can share the contact details of RM.

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 08:36   #3966
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team,
Depends on hows your bargaining skills and how serious the SA thinks you are on buying the car. You just can't walk in and get a discount.

The last time I checked, there was a corporate discount of 5k, accessories of 10K free, insurance done outside.

1.3 has lesser discount (if any) as compared to the 1.6. Also the top end 1.3 Alpha, will not get you any discount.
shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 09:24   #3967
BHPian

Got my RC book yesterday after almost one and half months. To my surprise, the S-cross is listed as a sedan
Looks like the RTO has not caught up with SUV/pseudo SUV fad yet
Old 13th April 2016, 09:51   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team,
I know from my SA that Officially there are no discounts . 10 days back I enquired with a Nexa dealer @ Chennai, finally I was able to manage 20K cash discount and 8K Corporate Offer. I am asking for a Leather Seat Cover also as complimentary accessory, he is almost agreed to consider it if I close the deal by Apr 30. It was for 1.3 Zeta manufactured in Mar'16 /Apr'16 . Normal lead time is 45 days and Insurance can be taken from outside as I have 50% NCB for my City.

Last edited by JVille07 : 13th April 2016 at 09:53. Reason: Added insurance query
JVille07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:20   #3969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Depends on hows your bargaining skills and how serious the SA thinks you are on buying the car. You just can't walk in and get a discount.

The last time I checked, there was a corporate discount of 5k, accessories of 10K free, insurance done outside.

1.3 has lesser discount (if any) as compared to the 1.6. Also the top end 1.3 Alpha, will not get you any discount.
I had purchased Baleno from same showroom few months book. I will try to push for discounts. I am driving 1.3 S cross and Brezza today. (I have driven earlier too, but back to back drive today).I am 90 percent sure it would be S cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Which NEXA did you enquire ?
Officially there are no discounts from MSIL.
Check out Bharath Auto Cars once, they might offer you something better.
If needed I can share the contact details of RM.

Cheers !!
It's Mandovi nexa buddy. I will enquire about discounts in Bharath Nexa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
I know from my SA that Officially there are no discounts . 10 days back I enquired with a Nexa dealer @ Chennai, finally I was able to manage 20K cash discount and 8K Corporate Offer. I am asking for a Leather Seat Cover also as complimentary accessory, he is almost agreed to consider it if I close the deal by Apr 30. It was for 1.3 Zeta manufactured in Mar'16 /Apr'16 . Normal lead time is 45 days and Insurance can be taken from outside as I have 50% NCB for my City.
Thanks buddy. I will try for atleast 20-25k cash discount or free accessories.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:40   #3970
BHPian

So are only one 1.3 (me) and one 1.6 (Girish) experiencing vibrations on the clutch? I called the SA and he said he had experienced the same on pressing the clutch a few millimeters on atleast 3 S crosses that came for service after mine. can you all help me figure out if this is an exception or a norm with the S Cross? It will help push the case with the SA. Thank you.
Old 13th April 2016, 11:06   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
So are only one 1.3 (me) and one 1.6 (Girish) experiencing vibrations on the clutch? I called the SA and he said he had experienced the same on pressing the clutch a few millimeters on atleast 3 S crosses that came for service after mine. can you all help me figure out if this is an exception or a norm with the S Cross? It will help push the case with the SA. Thank you.
Please add me to the list. 1.6 Zeta.

There is a slight vibration sometimes. Was thinking that is normal.
Will get this checked in the second service which is due in another 200 kms.
Old 13th April 2016, 11:20   #3972
BHPian

Thanks Prasanna that helps, lets try and see who all have the same problem. I have not experienced this 'feeling the engine on the clutch' sensation in any other car or at least I'm assuming that. So now we stand at one 1.3 and two 1.6 having this 'problem' if it indeed is one.
Old 13th April 2016, 12:28   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Prasanna that helps, lets try and see who all have the same problem. I have not experienced this 'feeling the engine on the clutch' sensation in any other car or at least I'm assuming that. So now we stand at one 1.3 and two 1.6 having this 'problem' if it indeed is one.
I think slight vibrations are standard feature of SCross. My steering vibrates mildly at 1500 RPM and the clutch during the initial few centimeters on the pedal travel.
I asked SA during my first service and was told that the same issue persists in many other SCross'.
He also told me that this has been to reported to Maruti already. I took it with a pinch of salt.

Will report the same issues again for the 5K service. If no satisfactory action is taken, will escalate to regional NEXA RM and service RM.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:31   #3974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So are only one 1.3 (me) and one 1.6 (Girish) experiencing vibrations on the clutch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Please add me to the list. 1.6 Zeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I think slight vibrations are standard feature of SCross. My steering vibrates mildly at 1500 RPM and the clutch during the initial few centimeters on the pedal travel.
Well, I have not driven S-Cross extensively but have taken longish TD at Gurgaon and Patna for 1.3Alpha and 1.6Alpha at Gurgaon. I've felt some vibration in initial 2-3 cms of clutch travel when it has not engaged on the S-Cross. So I feel its an inherent issue as I did TD on separate cars. Moreover, I even noticed the same thing on Brezza TD vehicle which had done 90kms only. Maybe this is something common to diesel vehicles or those with 1.3 engine from Maruti.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:48   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Well, I have not driven S-Cross extensively but have taken longish TD at Gurgaon and Patna for 1.3Alpha and 1.6Alpha at Gurgaon. I've felt some vibration in initial 2-3 cms of clutch travel when it has not engaged on the S-Cross. So I feel its an inherent issue as I did TD on separate cars. Moreover, I even noticed the same thing on Brezza TD vehicle which had done 90kms only. Maybe this is something common to diesel vehicles or those with 1.3 engine from Maruti.
This is what I am trying to ascertain, that it's a common issue which in the long term may be resolved by a recall and fix or accepted as a 'maruti suzuki' niggle. Trying to make sure I'm not sitting on something that's going to impact performance or longevity of the clutch, engine etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks