Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 21:37   #3796
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Folks, anyone looking at buying a S-Cross 1.3 Zeta in Pune.
Does anyone have a link or info on various tax and insurance rates. Ex showroom price quoted by Sai Nexa is more than published price on Nexa website!
Any info on discounts is welcome.

Thanks
Kartik
Kartik- The best you can get for a 2016 model is a 10K corporate discount and maybe the 7K accessories package free. Also depends on which variant you want. You can push to get the insurance outside.

If you are looking for a 1.6, MyCar have 3 2015 white zeta available for 12.6 on-road. You can bargain for more.

You need to pitch one dealer against another and against Honda City, Creta, XUV, etc.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:13   #3797
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have a link or info on various tax and insurance rates. Ex showroom price quoted by Sai Nexa is more than published price on Nexa website!

Thanks
Kartik
They have quoted a price 50k above what was expected. Since then I've dropped S Cross. The very next day Brezza launched. Made a booking immediately. Since its the same platform and same 90ps engine that I wanted I trusted the car. Though the extra GC clearance will affect body roll and handling. About 90% of quality and driving dynamics should be same. It looks good in person, S Cross looks a bit bland by comparison with stock alloys.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th March 2016 at 17:17. Reason: removing pics as they were not uploaded properly. Please don't hotlink pics of large sizes.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 00:42   #3798
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Kartik
I was offered 12.2 on road inclusive of extended warranty, zero dep and some freebies for 2015 1.6 Zeta in Hyderabad 2-3 weeks ago. Not sure of tax differences between Hyderabad and Pune, but that should give you some base.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 19:53   #3799
BHPian

How will the viper stripes look on the blue SCross? Sorry it is a crude job from the pictures in the first post.
Would Silver or sky blue also look good? I plan to have black alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross03_new.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross04.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross36.jpg  

Old 28th March 2016, 19:56   #3800
BHPian

I've noticed a few things with the vehicle during my month long usage.

1. I feel some vibrations (with some associated noise) in the cabin (not on steering and pedals) when the RPM is between 1200-1500 and I'm in the 4th gear. I reported this issue during the first service and the service guys told me that I should not be below 1500 rpm in the 4th gear. Is that true?

2. The audio playback from the USB thumb drive isn't very good. The vocals are not very clear and it seems like they are drowned. The EQ settings don't help either. During test drives, I tried playing music from my friend's iPhone using AUX and the quality was great. Is the audio hardware on the infotainment system inherently poor?
Old 28th March 2016, 20:42   #3801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
I've noticed a few things with the vehicle during my month long usage.

1. I feel some vibrations (with some associated noise) in the cabin (not on steering and pedals)

2. The audio playback from the USB thumb drive isn't very good. The vocals are not very clear and it seems like they are drowned. The EQ settings don't help either. During test drives, I tried playing music from my friend's iPhone using AUX and the quality was great. Is the audio hardware on the infotainment system inherently poor?
1. I too have similar issue. There is a vibration in the steering wheel around 1500 RPM, in 3rd gear and above. As soon as ~1600 / 1700 is crossed, vibration eases out.

2. I feel that audio quality is not too good when playing via BT.
Demo cars may have Hertz speakers installed. In my case demo car had these and I was sold on the speakers and subwoofer. Original speakers are from Nippon and doesn't look very premium.
Old 28th March 2016, 21:37   #3802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
How will the viper stripes look on the blue SCross? Sorry it is a crude job from the pictures in the first post.
Not that great in my personal honest opinion. The alignment in center is too obvious and does not suit this car. Maybe, you can try something like the BMW M power decals. They are available on Aliexpress I guess. The alignment to the right in the below picture looks classy.

T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 22:24   #3803
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Kartik
The attached Pune price breakup is as of Jan 2016. (Pre budget). May be helpful. This was available in this thread only.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160124_135755.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 23:09   #3804
BHPian

Has anyone taken the S-Cross in the hills fully loaded? I have driven my current Swift diesel to Ooty, Coorg...etc. The S-Cross has the same engine with a different setup that builds 89 bhp compared to my 2008 car that has 74 bhp. I also noticed that the new swifts power output is a bit toned down unlike the pre 2009 swifts. That maybe just my opinion and could be mistaken.

Thanks
Kartik

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
They have quoted a price 50k above what was expected. Since then I've dropped S Cross. The very next day Brezza launched. Made a booking immediately. Since its the same platform and same 90ps engine that I wanted I trusted the car. Though the extra GC clearance will affect body roll and handling. About 90% of quality and driving dynamics should be same. It looks good in person, S Cross looks a bit bland by comparison with stock alloys.
What was the expected price? I drove the Brezza and it didn't fit my need of comfort for second line of seats. I wanted something that can take 5 adults around town without much discomfort and 4 adults + 1 child out of town.

Last edited by bblost : 29th March 2016 at 00:10. Reason: Back 2 Back posts.
Old 28th March 2016, 23:31   #3805
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone taken the S-Cross in the hills fully loaded? I have driven my current Swift diesel to Ooty, Coorg...etc. The S-Cross has the same engine with a different setup that builds 89 bhp compared to my 2008 car that has 74 bhp. I also noticed that the new swifts power output is a bit toned down unlike the pre 2009 swifts. That maybe just my opinion and could be mistaken.

Thanks
Kartik
Couple of months back I took the Bangalore - Kollur Mookambika round trip.

The itinerary was Bangalore - Kollur Mookampika temple - Uduppi Sree krishna temple - Dharmasthala - Kukke Subrahmanya temple - Bangalore.
This route has good ghat sections and S-Cross (1.3 Zeta) handled them with ease. The car was loaded to the full with luggage also.

The average fuel economy was also pretty decent. Around 22 KMPL.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 00:03   #3806
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Kartik
I have taken my 1.6 to Puttur (KA) from Bangalore via Shiradi ghat thrice in the past one month. As far as the engine is in the turbo zone and correct gear, it rockets on the throttle input.

Also I have taken the car on mud roads with 5 adults on board. The car struggles when not in the turbo zone. I had to do half-clutch ( burn / slip the clutch) a couple of times to keep going. Was not able to maintain required speed due to the road conditions.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 00:12   #3807
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those strips remind me a bit of the Ford GT.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img21.3.jpg

I feel it will give the car a sporty feel. However, I'd rather go with the clean blue look of the S-Cross. Blackening the roof and going for a darker shade of alloys / painting the existing alloys black would be a better option IMO.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 07:19   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Not that great in my personal honest opinion. The alignment in center is too obvious and does not suit this car. Maybe, you can try something like the BMW M power decals. They are available on Aliexpress I guess. The alignment to the right in the below picture looks classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Those strips remind me a bit of the Ford GT.

I feel it will give the car a sporty feel. However, I'd rather go with the clean blue look of the S-Cross. Blackening the roof and going for a darker shade of alloys / painting the existing alloys black would be a better option IMO.
Thanks guys. I am mostly going for the Lenso Venom. So was thinking about the viper stripes. Maybe will keep the original look now.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-v3l_mb.jpg  

shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 08:27   #3809
BHPian

Any information to share on the 1.3 service costs. It is atpar with Swift diesel? Or really more expensive as informed by a SA yesterday that labor charges are 500/- more compared to other maruti cars due to this being premium. The Swift diesel service costs in my opinion are more compared to other manufacturers like Ford for the figo
Old 29th March 2016, 08:59   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I am mostly going for the Lenso Venom. So was thinking about the viper stripes. Maybe will keep the original look now.
Hello shivasi If I am not wrong then lenso will cost you same as Momo.personally I have find Momo's designs quite sober and better.I don't like overdone alloys which messes up with cars look.I have received many complements for Momo Black Knight on my Blue Scross .attaching some pictures for your Reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20160329_085620.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-sahiltodankar10616664_1702623226647786_2066370445_n.jpg  

sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks