Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:45   #3751
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Thanks TheGoodest.
I had given up the 'fourth quadrant' after multiple tries before first service and I did not try again after first service. Your post made me remember that the firmware of the head unit was upgraded during first inspection.
I hooked up the iPhone 5S to the head unit using the cable and, head unit prompted to switch on siri. Switched on siri and few apps (call, music, navigation, messages and some other) were displayed on the head unit.

Impressed by this success, tried connecting my OnePlus One to the head unit to find that it does not work. I guess OnePlus One does not support mirror link.
Software version 740 has been installed in my Ertiga. Please update yours
Old 23rd March 2016, 07:35   #3752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Software version 740 has been installed in my Ertiga. Please update yours
Thanks. Are you able to connect Android phones too ?
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:59   #3753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Goodest, can car play be connected to the Head unit using Bluetooth of the iPhone?
I think CarPlay only works with the lightning to USB connector. I read somewhere that in the future, wireless will also be supported.

Quote:
Thanks. Are you able to connect Android phones too ?
Are you talking about Mirrorlink? or Android Auto?
TheGoodest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:03   #3754
BHPian

any advice for brake calipers painting? thinking about painting mine with either Red or Yellow.which colour will go well with urban blue Scross ? any other suggestions always welcome.
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:18   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Are you talking about Mirrorlink? or Android Auto?
I was thinking that CarPlay supports Android Phones.
I think I need to drop the idea of connecting an Android phone to HU for the time being.
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:36   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
I think I need to drop the idea of connecting an Android phone to HU for the time being.
Yes u can connect Android Phone thru Bluetooth.
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:52   #3757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not really, the head unit does support mirrorlink. So, if you have a mirrorlink supported phone, then you should be able to mirror your android phone to your car. You can then access audio and navigation (basically any app that you have installed in your phone) via your car's touch screen. A basic search of "suzuki mirrorlink" in youtube will get you hits.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:56   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Yes u can connect Android Phone thru Bluetooth.
I am able to connect the Android, Windows and Apple phones via Bluetooth and they work fine.
But only iPhone supported screen (rather few apps) mirroring using CarPlay.

Quote:
Not really, the head unit does support mirrorlink. So, if you have a mirrorlink supported phone, then you should be able to mirror your android phone to your car. You can then access audio and navigation (basically any app that you have installed in your phone) via your car's touch screen. A basic search of "suzuki mirrorlink" in Youtube will get you hits.
Does it mean the head unit supports both CarPlay and MirrorLink ?
Googled out and found that OnePlus One does not support MirrorLink. So hopes of connecting OnePlus One using MirrorLink will not realize soon
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:39   #3759
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone faced problems with usb charging on the 1.6 alpha ?

I tried and even though it connects and the charging indicator on the phone lights up, it does not charge the phone. It functions like a direct line, it will keep the phone on till it is plugged in but doesnt charge it.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I understand usb charging is slow, but I have tested it extensively on multiple phones. It did not charge even after being connected for 150 kms without using it or a break in between.

My problem is I dont know if nexa will be able to solve it. Since no mechanic is going to to understand it, as soon as they see the charging light switch on, they will say it is working.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:28   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I understand usb charging is slow, but I have tested it extensively on multiple phones...
I too have gone through the situation. So, here is my understanding for the same.

The current that USB charger provides depends on multiple factors:

1. The current your phone can draw from the port.
2. The wire you are charging your phone with.
3. The current your USB port can provide.

Normal USB data cable connected to USB slot meant for pen drives, supplies approximately ~0.5mA. This current is not sufficient to charge our power hungry smartphones. In fact if you are navigating on your phone, then even with this supply the battery will continue to discharge, forget about getting charged.

If instead of normal USB data cable, you use a high speed USB charging cable (cable with data lines short to each other) the current supplied will be ~ 1mA. Now this can charge your smart phone at a much better rate.

If you feel that your port is at fault, then compare the charging rate with same cable, same phone with similar apps on (navigation, video etc.) of your s-cross with some other car. Chances of a fault with a USB port is very low.

PS: if you want faster charging, buy a 2 amp car charger along with a high speed USB charging cable.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:04   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I tried and even though it connects and the charging indicator on the phone lights up, it does not charge the phone. It functions like a direct line, it will keep the phone on till it is plugged in but doesnt charge it.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I understand usb charging is slow, but I have tested it extensively on multiple phones. It did not charge even after being connected for 150 kms without using it or a break in between.

My problem is I dont know if nexa will be able to solve it. Since no mechanic is going to to understand it, as soon as they see the charging light switch on, they will say it is working.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
I have an Ertiga Zdi+ with the same Smartplay System as in Ciaz,Baleno and S cross.
The USB port charges my Iphone 6s as well as keeps connected for carplay. Secondly the charging is not slow also. I suggest you contact your SA and get your firmware updated as from my experience the old firmware had many issues. Mine has been upgraded to the 740 version.
fuzail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:48   #3762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Normal USB data cable connected to USB slot meant for pen drives, supplies approximately ~0.5mA. charged.

(cable with data lines short to each other) the current supplied will be ~ 1mA. .
Thanks Ank.nsit,
I had no clue about this, how do you identify the cable type?
But the thing is that the same cable charges my same phone in my swift quite fine. Plus I have used varying cables, so kind of eliminated the cable being faulty or the source of the problem.

Quote:
I suggest you contact your SA and get your firmware updated as from my experience the old firmware had many issues. Mine has been upgraded to the 740 version.
Thanks Fuzail,

How do I find the existing version number in the car? Can one see it on the system in settings or something?

I guess I am also inclined to think that the usb port being faulty is a remote possibility, so it must a glitch in the software.

Thank you guys, only on this forum, is it possible to get such immediate and intelligent information
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:53   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Fuzail,

How do I find the existing version number in the car? Can one see it on the system in settings or something?

I guess I am also inclined to think that the usb port being faulty is a remote possibility, so it must a glitch in the software.

Thank you guys, only on this forum, is it possible to get such immediate and intelligent information
Keep pressing the setting indicator on the right side for 20 seconds. it will display the hidden menu and from in it press the software version tab

Last edited by fuzail : 23rd March 2016 at 14:56.
fuzail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:03   #3764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
I believe the SCross has two charging ports-one below the HVAC (12V socket) and one inside the center arm rest (USB). Did you check with both the ports if your phone is charging? Which port were you trying to connect too? You can try using one of those car chargers which you can plug into the 12V socket.
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:12   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I believe the SCross has two charging ports-one below the HVAC (12V socket) and one inside the center arm rest (USB). Did you check with both the ports if your phone is charging? Which port were you trying to connect too? You can try using one of those car chargers which you can plug into the 12V socket.
I am using the usb one under the armrest.

Have usually stayed away from the 12V , since I feel the add-on s don't send the proper current, (just a feeling) apart from them being bulky..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks