Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 17:35   #3436
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Expecting to make a decision tomorrow. 1.3 Alpha if they offer a discount will be the first choice. Blue and Silver are the colors that I liked. Wanted to visit as late as possible to check out all features which will be useful at night like auto projector headlamps and auto IVRM. Anybody got pics of projector throw compared to the standard one in S-Cross?
Just a question. Why are you not opting for the Zeta variant. I believe the zeta has all the bells and whistles other than the leather seats and the hid projector head lamps. Yes they make the car look nicer but the differential is not worth it especially for the DDIS200 variant. My opinion this.
Old 29th February 2016, 19:50   #3437
Senior - BHPian

How come I am not seeing anyone getting a 2016 manufactured 1.6? Pardon me if anyone has got one.
Owing to the recent budget, i guess the 1.6 will attract a 5% (1%+4%) tax hike since it goes higher than the 1500cc slab.
This might be the last nail on the coffin.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 29th February 2016 at 19:52.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 20:50   #3438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
How come I am not seeing anyone getting a 2016 manufactured 1.6? Pardon me if anyone has got one.
Owing to the recent budget, i guess the 1.6 will attract a 5% (1%+4%) tax hike since it goes higher than the 1500cc slab.
After all the effort I put into my car hunt and the test drives every weekend (against my wife's wishes) it was the 1.6 S cross's engine that I loved the most and today this news. I also agree this would probably be the beginning of the end for 1.6.

This variant will not make sense for the management now.

I still hope its note bye bye 1.6.

Regards
DV
Old 29th February 2016, 21:08   #3439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti has not imported single 1.6 engine in 2016. I think they have hundreds of previously imported engine in factory and would plonk into 2016 S cross after 2015 stocks are cleared. What's interesting is the fate of 1.6 after Maruti uses all the engines imported.
Old 29th February 2016, 21:26   #3440
BHPian

Quote:
All models will attract 4% as it is longer than 4m. I am in trouble. Will have to talk to my RM to preserve the 10.4 quoted for Zeta. price would increase by close to 50,000 which is a "Lot". Can buy the very best alloys with that money. Anybody having any info as to when the prices will get updated. I read its already into effect.
Old 29th February 2016, 22:04   #3441
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross DDiS320 in the debut issue of Motorsport India magazine!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2990
Size:  874.4 KB
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 23:11   #3442

Have been grappling with an issue in my 1.3 Zeta.
Please excuse the long post.

Around the first service mark I noticed an ever so slight vibration / feedback on the steering initially while reversing out of my parking.
In the initial euphoria and excitement of driving the car I thought I was overthinking, coming from an absolutely refined Ertiga Petrol engine before this I thought it was a diesel trait.

I mentioned it to the SA on the first service. He drove it and said it was nothing.
Some time later I realized I was feeling it only when I turned left. Took it back to the service centre. This time a couple of guys drove it and they acknowledged that there was some vibration but nothing critical. Then they proceeded to dismantled the front suspension struts. Greased them up and fixed some PVC sleeves onto the coils. (Please forgive me as I'm not so technically well versed with the correct part names but do keep some basic knowledge).

Also I sat in a couple of cars there with the SA and went for a drive. I was told that there was a slight vibration on all, some to the right and some to the left. I left the service centre unsatisfied.

Just a couple of days later I realized that the vibration / feedback could be felt even in neutral and a stationary vehicle. Its felt when you turn the wheel from a straight position to the left around 25 or 30 degrees when you hold the position there is a sudden slight feedback which dies away. Then again when you turn it further and stop it comes back and dies away. In one certain position ( around halfway thru the turn its felt the most and continuously)

I contacted another service center in Pune for a second opinion. He moved the matter forward by escalating the issue to a Maruti Territory Service Manager (TSM).

The disappointing part was that I wrote two emails to Maruti that I want a competent technical expert to assess my car. Got no reply. I had to move the matter forward myself.

My earlier service center manager ( the one I purchased the car from) called me up and said that this time they would do a thorough inspection. I insisted that I wanted Mr. TSM to be present. Fortunately he agreed and soon both had acknowledged the problem.
Diagnosis : Was told that the steering column was a two piece structure with one piece having the EPS, the motor, the torque sensor motor etc.

The other piece was the connecting to the rack , pinion etc. So the upper part of the column needs to be replaced. Mr. TSM was a little more cautious and said that the part needs to be ordered and then I would be required to leave the car for the day for further investigations. Need to rule out other issues, Vibration should not be from the engine etc. according to him, though I don't know why he would say that. (Please correct me if I'm wrong or if anyone thinks that's possible).

I documented all this by getting everyone concerned, looped into the Maruti mails.

Now awaiting the arrival of the part/s. Am going to make sure I'm there when the car is going to be worked on. Just don't know how to make sure that there is'int any more experimentation. Also how all this is going to affect the factory fit and finish is giving me sleepless nights.
On a positive note, Mr. TSM has been very prompt with his replies and assurances, and so has the Senior Service Manager at my home service center. Also I have been assured that all this is under warranty and I dont have to pay for any parts or services.

P.S. : I was told that the standard procedure was that Maruti would also initiate an investigation of their own, i.e. batch wise etc. for similar problems in other vehicles. Mine is an Oct 2015 manufactured vehicle. So please do an investigation of your own to eliminate the problem from your vehicles.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th February 2016 at 23:29. Reason: Spacing for better readability
PSP3776 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 00:22   #3443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
.... Anybody having any info as to when the prices will get updated. I read its already into effect.
Since this is the budget announcements for next financial year, it should be applicable from Apr 2016. If you can manage to grab one & register before 31 st Mar, you'll get the best prices.
Old 1st March 2016, 08:47   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since this is the budget announcements for next financial year, it should be applicable from Apr 2016. If you can manage to grab one & register before 31 st Mar, you'll get the best prices.
Guess its applicable from immediate effect. Not sure though. Distinguished members please clarify.

Team, Do we have any insider info on the launch of Scross Petrol ?
Old 1st March 2016, 08:54   #3445
BHPian

The changes are applicable from today for all cars. Only for luxury tax it's applicability is wef 1st June. But fine line is that cars manufactured before 29th Feb shall ideally not be under this cess as this is ex factory so if car is already billed or in transit the duties at time of manufacturing are paid for. I may be wrong but if you see history when there was an increase in excise and other taxes the existing vehicles were sold at old rates.
Old 1st March 2016, 10:33   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP3776 View Post
Have been grappling with an issue in my 1.3 Zeta.

Mine is an Oct 2015 manufactured vehicle. So please do an investigation of your own to eliminate the problem from your vehicles.
Mine is also Oct-2015 manufactured S-Cross. I have not yet faced this issue with the steering. Yesterday, after reading your post, I tried a few maneuvers and tried to reproduce the issue. Fortunately, I could not find any problem.

Besides, I have only one issue. How have some S-Cross 1.3 owners reported FE of 27 and all ??? I came back from a 450 kms highway drive yesterday and the best I got was 22.4 kmpl. Of course, Pune to Nashik highway is a joke of a highway, with too many diversions and few major bottlenecks. I started from home with a resolution that I will try and cross 25 kmpl during the trip, but could not.

Hoping that the FE will get better post 10000 kms service, as that involves first oil change and filter changes. Another 6k kms to go.
Old 1st March 2016, 10:38   #3447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
2700 during hear change isn't good IMO. Maximum would be 2300 or 2500 but I'll suggest you to shift at 2000 rpm. That's where all the torque comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Neeraj That's a tough task, to control the throttle at 2000 rpm. When the turbo kicks in, it will take you past 2000 rpm. (not always though) For the engine, it is better to revv past 2000 rpm than lugging the engine just to avoid crossing the 2000 rpm.
On a few occasions, I tend to up-shift from 1-->2 and 2-->3 when the engine is clocking 2800-3000 RPM! I've tried allowing the RPM to drop by a couple of 100s, but that's like waiting for a few seconds. Just wondering if I'm up-shifting a tad bit late!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP3776 View Post
The other piece was the connecting to the rack , pinion etc. So the upper part of the column needs to be replaced. Mr. TSM was a little more cautious and said that the part needs to be ordered and then I would be required to leave the car for the day for further investigations. Need to rule out other issues, Vibration should not be from the engine etc. according to him, though I don't know why he would say that.

On a positive note, Mr. TSM has been very prompt with his replies and assurances, and so has the Senior Service Manager at my home service center. Also I have been assured that all this is under warranty and I dont have to pay for any parts or services.
Your problem is not common and its definitely required to urgently root out the cause. However, these mechanical niggles can always surface in a moving machine.

Since you have looped in the TSM, I don't think you should worry too much. It's only fair that ask you to leave the car behind. The service personnel obviously need to have a detailed look at the steering assembly to be able to identify the problem.

Just imagine if this were to be a Skoda (no offense to owners)!

Rest assured, you're in good hands

Last edited by pannags : 1st March 2016 at 10:51.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 11:46   #3448
BHPian

I own 1.6 Zeta.

Back from a quick weekend trip to Mysore. First full tank returned 530 kms for 40 litres. 13.2 kmpl.

Approximately 370 kms were in heavy Bangalore traffic and remaining 160 kms were in busy Bangalore - Mysore road.
Currently odo is at 800+ kms and will go for the first free 'inspection' soon. I do not see any issues so far.

This car is meant to be driven on highways. Overtaking on even 5th gear is effortless, if in the power band.

Last edited by Zappo : 1st March 2016 at 12:21. Reason: When you missed a small detail please request a moderator to add that to your post rather than creating a new post!
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 11:59   #3449
Distinguished - BHPian

A request to all S-Cross owners, please mention your variant when you post anything on this thread like 1.3 Alpha or 1.6 Alpha. This will give a perspective to others and future owners. At times I get confused when something like mileage is being discussed.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 13:35   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
The changes are applicable from today for all cars. Only for luxury tax it's applicability is wef 1st June. But fine line is that cars manufactured before 29th Feb shall ideally not be under this cess as this is ex factory so if car is already billed or in transit the duties at time of manufacturing are paid for. I may be wrong but if you see history when there was an increase in excise and other taxes the existing vehicles were sold at old rates.
The budgetary provisions are effective from 1st of April hence any increase or decrease will come into effect from 1.4.2016.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks