Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 18:35   #3241
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I am confused if I should choose styling accessories or utility accessories.

1. Styling Accessories
  • Door Visor: Rs. 1490
  • Rear Spoiler (including painting): Rs 6000
  • Illuminated Sill guards (not in stock): Rs 3790
2. Utility:
  • Full Floor Mat (Lamination Type): Rs 6990
  • Car care treatment package (Includes the below): Rs 12990
    • Teflon Coating
    • Under chassis coating
    • Engine Coating
    • Solargard Sun film - 70%
    • Cavity waxing
I'd say stay away from door visors. I got them installed and it has created a very thick blind spot, especially at night. I almost ended up running over a person who was standing right next to my car when I had pulled over for purchasing some stuff. A few days back, the left side blind spot made me miss a biker who ran into my car breaking the front bumper.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:44   #3242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I'd say stay away from door visors. I got them installed and it has created a very thick blind spot, especially at night. I almost ended up running over a person who was standing right next to my car when I had pulled over for purchasing some stuff. A few days back, the left side blind spot made me miss a biker who ran into my car breaking the front bumper.
Funny and scary at the same time. Thanks for sharing your experience. Priceless. Hope you got them removed.
Old 11th February 2016, 21:42   #3243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
There is a difference between halting production and discontinuing a product!
Here is how the media interprets the halt and stop of the 1.6 varaint. Shown on the screen is 'halt' while the reader says Stop production.

Anyways the petrol variant ( 1.5 L) is on its way and most likely this engine will be seen in the Vitara Brezza too. Will it get an AT ? Guess will need to await for more details.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/50547676.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2016 at 21:46.
Old 11th February 2016, 22:08   #3244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Oh. Thanks Sudeep for sharing that. I was anyways not going for them. However, the accessories guy was trying to push me for that. I never wanted the visors, but since it was given for free I was considering for a brief moment. However, I always felt it does not go well with the car. Now with your experience, Im not even gonna think about the visor!!!
Old 12th February 2016, 00:25   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Please note the following, since the RM will promise you but in reality it will not be the case.

1. Maruti Suzuki will not give the Alpha head lamp cluster as MGA for fitment in lower variants. ( Confirmed, same strategy for Baleno too )

2. The blackened stock alloys are available at Nexa itself and you can get them at no extra cost.
I will try to get the headlamp cluster somehow from friends at sai service. Will it be hard to install them incase I manage to get a pair?

Did you really check the black alloys? Why haven't others opted for them then if it's free?
Old 12th February 2016, 11:03   #3246
BHPian

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross facelift leaked
Source: Autocar India Website
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20160211060903_suzukisx4scross001630x333.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20160211060904_suzukisx4scross002630x326.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...form=hootsuite
RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 11:09   #3247
Senior - BHPian

Looks are completely subjective & my personal feeling that in this avatar the vehicle looks a bit dated. Problem seems to be the "toothy" grille is not gelling well with the existing hood / fender and the front overhang.

A slightly raked back bumper / upper grille, finished in simple honeycomb design with the OEM logo would have made things more elegant. Something like the 2016 Subaru Forester (which actually is a competitor to the S-Cross) would have made the Suzuki's front end look less gawky.

And i hope the lilac dashboard colour is a rendition only and not a production reality!

Subaru Forester 2016
(pic source: Subaru U.S. official website)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-forester-2016.jpg  

Last edited by arjab : 12th February 2016 at 11:19.
Old 12th February 2016, 12:05   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
My personal opinion is that MSIL has make a mockery of a rather inoffensive and decent design.
This new facelift looks ghastly (This is my personal opinion, so, please do not attack me).
But of course, we indians like ugly things. So, it may work.
Old 12th February 2016, 12:35   #3249
BHPian

Looking forward to first servicing; any specific points to check for / worry about / avoid? Thanks in advance for the inputs.
Old 12th February 2016, 16:52   #3250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
Looking forward to first servicing; any specific points to check for / worry about / avoid? Thanks in advance for the inputs.
There is nothing to check or worry at all, unless you have any specific task to be done. The SA tried to push some really cheap door handle guards, and windshield cleaning shampoo. He did not even ask me whether I wish to have those and directly sent me a bill including these two items. I returned the items and told him to change the bill. So just beware of these cheap tactics, otherwise nothing related to the car as such.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 17:04   #3251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
The first service is basically a routine check-up and should take no more than a couple of hours and cost close to nothing.

Make sure to report any issues you may have with the car, including minor niggles.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 18:28   #3252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...form=hootsuite
I can also see a sun-roof on this so-called facelift. IMHO, the grill does not look good at all. The current European all black grill suits the best on the S-Cross.

Personally, I really hope Maruti does not offer dashboard in that hidious color shade.
Old 12th February 2016, 19:10   #3253
BHPian

Quote:
When I saw the interior color, I felt its not the actual shade but a some photo effect (kind of dreamy glow!) I cant even imagine this shade for the interior.
Old 12th February 2016, 22:44   #3254
BHPian

I have recently enquired about S-cross since i am planning to buy a new car.
My budget of 8.5L and i can only go upto S-cross 1.3 Sigma

1. how good is 1.3 SIGMA, is it loosing too much features? As far as i am concerned it has all safety features and music system + Alloy i can add later on.

2. How good is S-cross for driving around in peak city traffic.

3. Is there any discount going on S-cross?

If not S-cross than i will go ahead and buy Elite I20 Sportz which again comes in same budget.
Old 12th February 2016, 23:43   #3255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
...If not S-cross than i will go ahead and buy Elite I20 Sportz which again comes in same budget.
I think S-Cross will be leagues ahead in it's ride & handling combo over the Elite i20. Plus the extra space too. I am sure you wouldn't get any discounts now; end of March may be an exception if the sales don't pick up.

Have you TDed both S-Cross & Elite i20?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks