Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 19:09   #2971
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/50547676.cms

Maruti halts production of 1.6L SCross, planning to launch 1.5L Petrol by May!
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 19:17   #2972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
...Maruti halts production of 1.6L SCross, planning to launch 1.5L Petrol by May!
Awesome - Maruti at its BEST in what they do! Develop a competent product, feel ecstatic about that, suddenly think they are a premium manufacturer, go bonkers with an un-realistic price!

After effects - low sales, huge discounts & finally kill a competent product by blaming low customer interest. Its sad that the Kizashi episode wasn't good enough for them to learn.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 19:48   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My RM had told me that S Cross in 2016 will have the 1.6 Engine and GB via CKD route (it is currently via CBU) - Maybe it makes sense to stop production till they figure out a way to price it competitively
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 19:52   #2974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
My RM had told me that S Cross in 2016 will have the 1.6 Engine and GB via CKD route (it is currently via CBU) - Maybe it makes sense to stop production till they figure out a way to price it competitively
S Cross 1.6L variant will be built only on order. They have plans to localize this engine ( could be the CKD route and some parts localized)

New Vitara S will be built only in 1.6 MJD variant and will be sold through NEXA, likely in early 2017.

Source- RM @ Nexa

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th January 2016 at 19:53.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 22:17   #2975
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Very happy to see consumers giving cold shoulder to Over priced Maruti.
No one should take the market for granted.
Old 13th January 2016, 03:52   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Very happy to see consumers giving cold shoulder to Over priced Maruti.
No one should take the market for granted.
If people were so conscious we wouldn't have seen so many Creta on the road, Maruti missed the opportunity due to the dated looks, else they would have also made a killing like Hyundai.
Chillout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 10:29   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
How are the Michelin P3STs treating the fellow S Cross owners? I'm supposed to get my car this week and I still haven't decided about the tyres. Should I stick to the OEM tyres or upgrade to Michelins/Pirelli P4s? Someone told me today that I should stick to OEM tyres as they have been tried and tested on that model and also that the Michelins in his new car have been more prone to punctures.
It'd be great if all you S cross owners can let me know your opinions/experience about the tyre upgrade and whether I should opt for one or not.
Nimit,

In my opinion, you should consider changing tyres based on the requirement. If you will use the car primarily in the city then you can keep the stock tyres. If you travel a lot on highways, ghat sections, etc., you may want to change the tyres to a soft tyre which will give you better drive ability and grip on the road.

Michelin Primacy 3ST is a popular choice in this forum. I have not seen any member complain about this tyre so far.

I personally use Continental Conti Max tyres and am very satisfied with it.
Old 13th January 2016, 10:34   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Congrats on your new car.

Looks like we were on the same boat- a Manza upgrade.
However, we picked up the Ciaz because my dad would be using it and would be chauffeur driven. Ciaz is one notch up on the back seat comfort.
Also we found the Ciaz to be better in space and small goodies like rear ac vents etc turned the decision towards the Ciaz.

Enjoy the ride!!!
Thanks. This is a replacement for my WagonR - hence worked out fine. Manza has done 1L+ and is serving me very very well after some repairs and replacements in last 10k kms. Ciaz felt same as Manza in all aspects except that it has more gizmos (expected being a product one segment above and six years after my Manza purchase) but lacks the sheer solidity of Manza. It is unmatched except by Europeans and maybe Verna has slightly better build too. I and my wife drove both back-to-back and then it was no brainer from there on. Trust me, it is a fantastic product - shame that Maruti can't price it right and sell it well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Finally picked up my S Cross about a month back. Thanks to all the BHPians who evaluated and put their faith and hard earned money in S Cross. And thanks to the official review that nailed and made car's positioning very clear - much better than what Maruti marketing did.

Variant: 1.3 Delta
Cost: ~8.7 on-road

Tried uploading images. Failed couple of times. Will try again later.
Sorry, could not find edit button. Hence another post for pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151228_164250.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151228_164259.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151228_164309.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151228_164319.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151228_164330.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160103_112958.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160103_113719.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2016 at 11:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
5kmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 12:53   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post

Sorry, could not find edit button. Hence another post for pics.
Hey, looking at the underbody pic, did you have the black plastic moulds in the centre removed?
Old 13th January 2016, 20:25   #2980
BHPian

Hi All,

I just broke my phone and going to buy new one. Can someone please confirm if iphone works with phone smartlink option in our SCross. I know we have information on "http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones" but i want to know whether iphone or motorola etc (read pure Android versions) works or not.
Also, can we upgrade our media system to one we have in Baleno using software upgrade so that we can use carplay.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:24   #2981
BHPian

Quote:

Around May time frame even the BRV is expected to be launched by Honda, if Maruti messes with the price again its early demise for Scross 1.5, however a 1.5 with CVT and cruise control would be the fully loaded vehicle south of the 15 Lac segment. Looking forward to the petrol CVT version.

Last edited by Chillout : 13th January 2016 at 21:30.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:58   #2982
BANNED

Quote:

I hate this news update from Maruti Suzuki and hope the launch of 1.5L is delayed further. Can't really think of any other good engine on the S-Cross after driving the DDiS320. It is just an excellent highway tourer.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 09:41   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Hi All,

I just broke my phone and going to buy new one. Can someone please confirm if iphone works with phone smartlink option in our SCross. I know we have information on "http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones" but i want to know whether iphone or motorola etc (read pure Android versions) works or not.
Also, can we upgrade our media system to one we have in Baleno using software upgrade so that we can use carplay.
Hi, AFAIK, Mirrorlink works on Android devices and lacks iOS support. But yes, the media system can be upgraded to get the Apple CarPlay because a few users who got their S Cross after the Baleno launch posted about it in this thread.
Also, the RM told me that they'll upgrade the system during the servicing. So try connecting someone's iPhone to your system to see if it works already
Old 14th January 2016, 10:39   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Hi, AFAIK, Mirrorlink works on Android devices and lacks iOS support. But yes, the media system can be upgraded to get the Apple CarPlay because a few users who got their S Cross after the Baleno launch posted about it in this thread.
Also, the RM told me that they'll upgrade the system during the servicing. So try connecting someone's iPhone to your system to see if it works already
Thanks for the reply. Can new SCross owner provide update if they have CarPlay enabled in their car. Thanks in advance!
Old 14th January 2016, 11:09   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Thanks for the reply. Can new SCross owner provide update if they have CarPlay enabled in their car. Thanks in advance!
I will be getting my S Cross today but Everyone uses Android in my family. I'll still try to get hold of an iPhone and try to see if it works

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks