Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 16:54   #2656
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
MF

This is tricky case for both, manufacturer and the customer.

I doubt if Maruti would have all the collision info from the accident site --> service station to present the data and calculations you have demanded.
Anyways Good luck and hope they (MS) throw up a surprise to you on goodwill basis.

Also, hope you have read about the airbag system in Scross owner manual
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3863257

Lastly, Please do NOT compare with Ciaz. Overall, Scross is far superior in terms of build quality.
Finally my car has been repaired. Will be getting it on Monday. Have decided to file a consumer case against Maruti.

In reply to my questions posted to them, they replied of the record with the answer that it is confidential information and hence cannot be shared. Even had a meeting with their team and they said they cannot share the information asked as it is confidential.
Old 19th December 2015, 17:37   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Please dont mind me nitpicking. It was the ELR that did its job - Emergency Locking Retractor. This is what locks the seatbelt in every car when there is any unusual force like excessive braking, tilt and such.
Thanks! After reading through your note I believe you are spot on with your assessment. I thought it might be the pre-tensioner since the grip was tight. Thanks for your comments!
Old 19th December 2015, 20:06   #2658
BHPian

Hi Guys,

To all who have been asking about the fuel economy for the 1.6 S Cross, please see the pic below.
My friend drove from Bombay to Chandigarh and back to Bombay last week.
I was supposed to accompany him but something else cropped up.
Total distance door to door was 3728 Kms (Trip A). Average speed maintained was about 100 to 120 Kmph (he is not a fast driver). The total distance includes some local running around in Chandigarh. No issues at all.
He is absolutely in love with the car.
However, not too happy about the latest discounts being offered as he paid Rs. 16.9L OTR a couple of months ago.
Regards,
SS
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20151217wa0009.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th December 2015 at 09:58. Reason: Removed mention of high speeds. Please refrain from discussing about speeding on the forums. Thanks!
suzuki san is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 06:11   #2659
Senior - BHPian

After losing my beloved rapid to the chennai floods, I was in huge dilemma on what to book.
Cancelled the Figo aspire which was supposed to. Be my second car, and went on with the Zuki S cross 1.6 320ddis.

Not too much offers in chennai atleast. Got a overall disc of 1.6L on zeta variant. Also managed to squeeze in underbody coating as a compliment.

Expected delivery frame is Dec 29-30
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 07:00   #2660
BHPian

Mi10 - Who is the dealer in Chennai that offered you the deal?

One note of caution as I saw in the brochure is that the same variants between the two engines are not carrying the same features. For e.g. the zeta 1.3 has cruise control, ACC and reverse camera whereas the 1.6 doesn't. Strange but true.

Verify once over before point if no return.
balajiisworking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 07:48   #2661
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Guys, just saw an advertisement in the TOI Bangalore edition. They have advertised an S Cross Premia plus variant. Has the DDIS 320 and the ex showroom price is 10.49 lakhs. Not sure if they just added some bells to the base version. Feature list included alloys, Garmin navigation and fog lamps(lol).
Not sure if you can get the additional discounts on this model. If they continue to discount this model like the rest of the 320s, I guess this could be had at around 11.5 lakhs OTR Bangalore . Seems a good buy.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 20th December 2015 at 08:08.
Old 20th December 2015, 08:08   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys, just saw an advertisement in the TOI Bangalore edition. They have advertised an S Cross Premia plus variant. Has the DDIS 320 and the ex showroom price is 10.49 lakhs. .
Here it is, even otherwise it is 2L less than the base version. So, on road pricing will be close to 2.5L less plus you get these additional features. Now the pricing looks sensible and they should have done this at the launch,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross2.jpg

Here is the base version price which is 12.44L,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg
Old 20th December 2015, 08:28   #2663
BHPian

Hi Mi10 which dealer has offered you this deal? I feel that the discount should be in the 2 lakh range. Check with Ambattur Nexa if you haven't as they were the first Nexa to be operational in Chennai and I am assuming that they might have more stocks to clear. Finally, Congrats on booking the 1.6 ddis. Even the current deal of 1.6lakhs is quite good.
Old 20th December 2015, 08:42   #2664
BHPian

This is where Maruti is faltering with its strategy, when they announced the official reduction for Delta, with the Premia edition they should have gone ahead and announced it for all editions. This would have ensured more footfalls into the showroom and more business. They have completely messed up the Scross pricing now. I don't think what people are getting is discounts, rather a price correction which is in the anvil if Maruti is serious about continuing this product.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 08:49   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,
To all who have been asking about the fuel economy for the 1.6 S Cross, please see the pic below.
Shouldn't the fuel economy be a little more? Considering the highways between Mumbai and Chandigarh.
I would be booking the 1.6 Alpha soon, mostly in Urban Blue

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2015 at 09:58. Reason: Formatted post
Old 20th December 2015, 09:38   #2666
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Finally got delivery of 1.3 Zeta. Worked to 11.6 OTR.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20151218wa0000.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2015 at 09:58.
Jeevith is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 11:13   #2667
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hi Guys,

Finally got delivery of 1.3 Zeta. Worked to 11.6 OTR.

Attachment 1451910
Firstly congratulations on your fantastic choice. 😉
Which city is it mate?
And Lovely colour it is. Mine is the same 😊
The tax differences between states in India is such a mess. I got alpha 1.3 at 10.9L on road. My friend got it at 10.6L on road because he didn't have to pay municipal corporation tax unlike me.

I must say one thing, you will enjoy the ride and premium quality product. Have fun.
Drive safe.

Last edited by chintu_91 : 20th December 2015 at 11:15.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 14:06   #2668
BHPian

So far, the heavy discounts (>3L) are being offered only on basic models. These are tempting but, as a potential customer for the top end, does it make sense to wait for the same benefits to be extended to the top end. I guess that is why the discount strategy is no good, the customer is always skeptical of what might come next and is content to play the waiting game or go for another safe option where things are stable.
Old 20th December 2015, 15:03   #2669
BHPian

Hello all!!

I am looking to buy a new vehicle keeping in mind this year's planned trip to Zanskar and Leh Circuit. Being in Delhi XUV has been removed from my option list. I have looked over the forum and could not find much comparison between Creta, Duster and S-cross.

Despite other shortcomings the Duster has superior ride quality and Comfort. Can somebody please provide pointers about the ride quality, comfort and practicality of S-cross viz-a-viz Duster and Creta.

PS: Dealer here is offering 2L discount on 1.6 Zeta/Alpha and 3L discount on the base variant..
Old 20th December 2015, 16:36   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
Despite other shortcomings the Duster has superior ride quality and Comfort. Can somebody please provide pointers about the ride quality, comfort and practicality of S-cross viz-a-viz Duster and Creta.
IMHO, S-Cross ride has a slight edge compared to the Duster's ride. I found Duster to be a little more bouncy. Being 20mm lesser than Duster in GC, S-Cross rides more like a sedan or a premium hatch than an SUV.

There are some serious discounts on 1.6 right now and its worth it. Also all companies usually hike prices from Jan 1st. So go for it.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks