Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 14:57   #2641
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

If the reports flowing in from various parts of India are to be believed, S-Cross 1.6 has discounts ranging from as low as 2 lacs to as high as 4.5lacs, variant to variant. .

In my city, its 3 lacs discount plus lots of offers on MGA as communicated by my RM yesterday, for the Alpha variant. They are desperate to move 1.6 from their floors. And I thought it is applicable only on the stock which is lying with them-but it is also applicable on any fresh order.

Exciting times ahead for the prospective 1.6 owners. I wish Maruti bites the bullet and starts assembling the engine and gearbox in India. This would prove to be a win-win situation for both the company and the customers.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 15:54   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
In my city, its 3 lacs discount plus lots of offers on MGA as communicated by my RM yesterday, for the Alpha variant. They are desperate to move 1.6 from their floors. And I thought it is applicable only on the stock which is lying with them-but it is also applicable on any fresh order.
Could you please share the contact details of the RM who has offered 3 lacs off on the 1.6 Alpha?
Old 18th December 2015, 16:46   #2643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Could you please share the contact details of the RM who has offered 3 lacs off on the 1.6 Alpha?
These salesmen are very shrewd. They called me yesterday regarding the S-Cross, and when I said I am not interested, he ended the call saying "Even on Alpha there is 3 lacs discount, you may give a thought".

Now after your PM when I called him back saying that one of my colleagues is interested in 1.6 Alpha, he changes tone and says I misinterpreted him, and that the offer is as follows
1.6 Delta-
Rs. 1,70,000 straight discount(he termed this as retail offer)
Rs. 60,000 consumer discount
Rs. 10,000 Corporate discount
Rs. 30,000 Loyalty discount*(you need to show RC book of any existing maruti car)
Total discount-Rs. 2,70,000
He then went on to say that they are providing accessories(Primia edition) worth 45,000 only for Rs.15,000
So the total offer stands at 3.0 lacs.

For 1.6 Zeta and Alpha

Rs. 1,10,000 straight discount
Rs. 70,000 consumer discount
Rs. 10,000 Corporate discount
Rs. 30,000 Loyalty bonus
Total discount-Rs. 2,20,000

Kindly notice- These were given without any face to face meeting. I am sure they will increase the discount once they sense a prospective customer in you. The RM did mention that they will provide additional benefits if needed.

PS- Should I post the RM's number here only or PM you??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 16:55   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
PS- Should I post the RM's number here only or PM you??

Regards,
Shashi
A PM would be appropriate, I think.
Thank you!
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 17:05   #2645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
A PM would be appropriate, I think.
Thank you!
PM'ed you his details. Kindly give him my reference, he will recognize you.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 17:35   #2646
BHPian

Your city mean Ranchi? I'm asking as Nikhil seems to be from Bangalore.
Girish

Quote:
PM'ed you his details. Kindly give him my reference, he will recognize you.

Regards,
Shashi
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 17:54   #2647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Your city mean Ranchi? I'm asking as Nikhil seems to be from Bangalore.
Girish
Yes Sir,
My city is Ranchi

I guess I should mention the approximate prices of 1.6 Variants after discount applicable in my city, for the benefits of other viewers. I am deducting ONLY the cash discount.

1.6 Delta
OTR-Rs.13,10,920
Disc-Rs.2,70,000
Final On-Road=Rs.10,40,920

If you opt for Detla Primia Edition, add another 15,000 extra. For that amount, you get alloys, fog lamps, navigation system and other applicable accessories worth 45,000.

1.6 Zeta
OTR-Rs.14,23,768
Disc-Rs.2,20,000
Final On-Road=Rs.12,03,768

1.6 Alpha
OTR-Rs.15,04,645
Disc-Rs.2,20,000
Final On road=Rs.12,84,645

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 18th December 2015 at 17:55.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 17:55   #2648
BHPian

Bangalore discounts for 1.6:
Alpha - 1L dealer discount + 40k loyalty discount
Zeta - 2L dealer discount
These are the figures I had over phone from RM's. It the stock clearance sales thy are doing.
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 19:13   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Bangalore discounts for 1.6:
Alpha - 1L dealer discount + 40k loyalty discount
Zeta - 2L dealer discount
These are the figures I had over phone from RM's. It the stock clearance sales thy are doing.
Looks like the Ranchi dealer is more eager to clear of the expensive 1.6 compared to ones in Blore. Considering the potentially wider market, they are still sticking on to lower discounts with a hope of making a sale due to more customers I feel.

BTW, what about the Delta 1.6 Trim? Did you ask? There was another post (in the New car price thread) which said, Delta DDIS320 is being offered at 9.5L ex-showroom in Delhi as per the newspaper ad.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:27   #2650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Looks like the Ranchi dealer is more eager to clear of the expensive 1.6 compared to ones in Blore. Considering the potentially wider market, they are still sticking on to lower discounts with a hope of making a sale due to more customers I feel.

BTW, what about the Delta 1.6 Trim? Did you ask? There was another post (in the New car price thread) which said, Delta DDIS320 is being offered at 9.5L ex-showroom in Delhi as per the newspaper ad.
I find it weird, but till date, 1.6 is selling more than the 1.3s in my city. S-Cross is selling well in this part of the world and 90% of the S-cross I have seen are the 1.6 Delta and Alpha.

And I too initially thought that they might be having excessive stock at dealer end which they are clearing. But even if you order a 1.6 manufactured in December, the offer is applicable for you.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 20:53   #2651
BHPian

What is the realistic FE of the 1.6 variant in city & highways. How much low it is than the FE of 1.3. Sorry if I have missed any earlier post on this. With fabulous discounts , all of a sudden 1.6 seems quite VFM. I had TD of both the variants. Apart from performance, 1.6 sounded much more refined than the 1.3. What's the observations of others?

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 18th December 2015 at 21:00.
Old 18th December 2015, 21:07   #2652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post

The seat belt pre-tensioner had done its job!
Please dont mind me nitpicking. It was the ELR that did its job - Emergency Locking Retractor. This is what locks the seatbelt in every car when there is any unusual force like excessive braking, tilt and such.

Pretensioner is a pyrotechnic feature that can trigger only once, when the airbags are triggered. Once the pretensioner triggers, the whole seatbelt assembly has to be replaced.

Either ways, good to see that the story ended well. I TDed the S-Cross and I find it having the DNA of the SX4, unlike its other sibilings. There is very good control on the car be it acceleration, braking or handling. I liked the brakes a lot, though the addition of disc brakes at the rear didnt make much of a difference when I compared with my SX4. Composed stop without drama.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 21:15   #2653

Visited the NEXA Baner showroom in Pune today.

Had taken a TD of the 1.3 earlier. Wanted to take a TD of the 1.6 and compare the two. Ended up driving both, the 1.6 followed by the 1.3.

Now here's what I think. Maruti knew it had a great product. So they priced the 1.3 with what they thought was a good price for a premium product and premium experience (NEXA and stuff). They probably aimed to get the volumes from there and in the bargain get the margins from the 1.6 which was bound to attract the enthusiasts. We all know how that has ended.

What IMHO I feel they should have done was probably launched the Baleno and got the NEXA experience off to a solid start. Then launched the S-Cross only in the 1.6 option at a price a little higher than the 1.3 ex showroom price now. That would have also meant an exclusive new engine option in the NEXA showrooms. Because the 1.3 though a good product, one just gets the feeling that Maruti were aiming to play safe having that product in their kitty.

Coming back to the TD. Noticeable engine clatter in the 1.3 (I drive an Ertiga Zxi hence may have noticed it more) Other than that the only difference being the superior driving experience on the 1.6.

Left the showroom with the ball in the RMs court. Was offered only discount of 1 L on the 1.6 Delta albeit with the promise that they would get back with an offer for my Ertiga. No discount on the 1.3 Zeta other than loyalty. Told the RM that this would be my 6th Maruti. So I am more loyal than others. Didn't help
Old 18th December 2015, 22:05   #2654
BHPian

Very Bad Experience at NEXA palace, Bangalore

Visited Mandovi NEXA, Upper Palace Orchards, Bengaluru on Saturday 12/12/2015 to enquire about S-cross premia version. The SA informed that instead of premia, 1.3 Delta is available at a very good price with 1.02Lakh cash discount and 40,000 loyalty bonus. No corporate discount was offered though I work as a senior scientist at ISRO.

I own (the original) Baleno and using the above two, the on-road price came to little more than 10Lakh. The SA, Mr. Ramprasad insisted that if I pay the advance amount of Rs 11,000 he will confirm the last available 1.3 delta in granite grey. When I informed him that I am not carrying check book or cash, he insisted that I can swipe my card.

Accordingly I swiped my card on 12th Dec and went home happily. The next day for the first time took a very long test drive in the Airport road with wife and daughter who were very happy with the car. Till now everything was perfect.

Kept calling the SA to send the pro forma invoice so as to arrange the loan.

On Wednesday got the first shock when one of the SA Mr Karthik informed that the GM has asked him to hold-on sending the pro forma. When I contacted Mr Ramprasad, he insisted that he has asked to book the vehicle only after confirmation with GM and since he was not in the showroom he will send the documents the next day, saying that he has taken the booking and will make sure that I will get the car.

The next day the tone has changed and he said that there are two vehicles which are under processing for finance and if any of them get cancelled I will get the car. Though I felt very bad, I trusted his word of contacting me back within five minutes.

The five minutes never happened even after few hours and called him again at Friday 11:30 to enquire about the same. The answer was, he will get back to me within an hour which did not happen even after more than 8 hours.

Finally requested him to cancel the booking as I was so frustrated and he said he will do it in next two days. I clearly declined and informed him that I need it to be cleared the next day.

I never expected this kind of (so called) premium treatment from NEXA and I am feeling that I am cheated by Mandovi and Maruti. I hope nobody has to go through this again. My dreams have dashed as the Kalyani is offering only 80k saying the delta they have is booked last month :(

Sorry for the long message. Has to vent it out somehow.
girishv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 07:26   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Very Bad Experience at NEXA palace, Bangalore
I never expected this kind of (so called) premium treatment from NEXA and I am feeling that I am cheated by Mandovi and Maruti. I hope nobody has to go through this again. My dreams have dashed as the Kalyani is offering only 80k saying the delta they have is booked last month :(

Sorry for the long message. Has to vent it out somehow.
Do visit Kalyani motors again and ask for more discounts and leave your number with the salesperson. I am sure that they will come back to you with further discounts. As has been seen from the pricing of the S cross, waiting for some more time has only been beneficial to the buyer. Cheers
batterylow is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks