Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 10:41   #2611
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Similar discounts here in Jaipur too. 2 lakhs straight away off on 1.6 Zeta and 1.6 Alpha which brings Zeta on road at 13.20L and Alpha at 14L.
On 1.6 Delta, they are giving 2.6L off and additionally 50k worth of accessories for Rs. 15K.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:57   #2612
Senior - BHPian

Damn you Nexa !

Only if these were the prices at launch, 1.6 would have been the best seller. I would have blindly bought the 1.6 at ~13 lakhs INR.

All those who are sitting on the fence, please take the plunge and get the 1.6 S-Cross. You will not regret a bit.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:02   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Similar discounts here in Jaipur too. 2 lakhs straight away off on 1.6 Zeta and 1.6 Alpha which brings Zeta on road at 13.20L and Alpha at 14L.
On 1.6 Delta, they are giving 2.6L off and additionally 50k worth of accessories for Rs. 15K.
What's the road tax percentage in Rajasthan?
Old 17th December 2015, 11:17   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
What's the road tax percentage in Rajasthan?
It's between 8-9% for vehicles priced above 6L, not 100% sure though.

Here's the breakup of 1.6 Alpha sans any discounts, if it helps:

Ex Showroom - 1409746
Jaipur Reg. & Road Tax, TRC and TMP - 127580
Insurance (Zero Dep) - 46537

Last edited by Sherlocked : 17th December 2015 at 11:19.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:50   #2615
Senior - BHPian

This can be seen as both good and bad.
Good-You get a good car with an excellent engine.
Bad-This might be a clearance sale.
Will it be safe to buy the 1.6? The future for diesel cars in India looks gloomy especially with the ruckus being created on diesel cars creating more pollution.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th December 2015 at 11:56.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:55   #2616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Will it be safe to buy the 1.6?
It will not be a clearance sale. The 1.6 continues to be imported by Maruti Suzuki. December 8th being the latest.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:20   #2617
BHPian

IMO, a rare case where MSIL misjudged the pulse of the market

The 1.6 was overpriced by about 4 lacs on road when it was launched

Now with discounts of Rs. 2 - 2.90 lacs, the 1.6 is expensive over the 1.3 by just Rs. 1.1 lacs to 2 lacs, based on variant is absolutely fine for the superior engine.

Had they planned it before, they might have had quite a few customers who had bought the 1.3, shift to 1.6. It would have had a positive impact in the market

Feel for those who had to compromise and buy the 1.3, only to know that the prices were corrected with discounts 2.5 months later

All said and done, there is no denying that the S Cross 1.6 is VFM after discounts

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 17th December 2015 at 12:34.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:30   #2618
BANNED

All I pray to God and genuinely hope is the the engine is continued to be used and sold till and after Mid 2016 as my Swift be swapped at that time.

Dad isn't confident if the 1.6L S-Cross would be a worthy buy due to poor sales all this while. I am strictly

With this price discounts, sales should increase building confidence.

Fingers crossed!!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 13:08   #2619

Hello Everyone. My first Post here
I have been keenly following this thread. I own an Ertiga Zxi and was seriously thinking of upgrading to an S-Cross. The 1.6 though seemed out of reach.
Have a few doubts and would be grateful if my fellow BHPians could hep.

I don't see any discounts offered on the Zeta variants. Does anyone have any information about this particular variant (both 1.3 or 1.6)?

Was keenly following the thread about the YBA / XA Alfa. But the car looks smallish. So am back to contemplating the purchase of the S-Cross

So does it make sense to go for the S-Cross? Considering the fact that there are such high discounts being offered would it not affect the resale value? And additionally the doubts about the future of diesel engines.

Also 1.3 owners. How much is the regret (if any) on buying the 1.3 instead of the 1.6. Does the 1.3 feel really underpowered on such a heavy car.

Confused but love the car.

Paresh.
Old 17th December 2015, 14:01   #2620
BHPian

My friend purchased the 1.6L purely on the basis of stretching his budget to extract pure performance. While the experience has been pretty good, the stretched budget ensured there wasn't much value except the pleasure. The S-cross continues to falter, because the pricing has been its biggest woe. These discounts are just a reflection of the profits they were reaping. With an auto joining the models soon, expect an even taller pricing. They need to lower the prices, make it attractive, and introducing the dual clutch auto with a fairly competitive premium. With Creta, TUV300 all eating into the segment, Maruti needs to push it towards the TUV pricing, if it wants to grab the share back from Hyundai. A discount of 2.6 Lakh is proof of the hideous pricing they started with
Old 17th December 2015, 15:20   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I don't think it will be a clearance sale but a sale only to move the 2015 manufactured vehicles. That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
All I pray to God and genuinely hope is the the engine is continued to be used and sold till and after Mid 2016 as my Swift be swapped at that time.
Am in the exact same boat as you. I had to push my purchase decision of S-Cross till mid-next year and hope this car will be around. After test driving the 1.6, the 1.3 seems like a compromise especially as my running from next year onward will be a lot of expressway driving.

I hope this time around Maruti keeps the pricing sane, i.e. maybe a lac or so difference for the engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
With an auto joining the models soon, expect an even taller pricing. They need to lower the prices, make it attractive, and introducing the dual clutch auto with a fairly competitive premium.
Is the auto lauch confirmed?

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 17th December 2015 at 15:21.
Old 17th December 2015, 17:11   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Will be going to Agra this weekend so waiting for my first expressway drive in my SCross. I am getting 14 km/l in Delhi traffics. Please confirm if that is on lower side.
You will enjoy the ride definitely with the Cruise on most of the time. I had driven on the Yamuna expressway in my 1.3 Zeta when it has just 200 km on the odo. Although I had set my Cruise at 90kmph and didn't push the pedal hard, yet the ride was thoroughly enjoyable. I am sure you will also. Enjoy the drive
Old 17th December 2015, 17:45   #2623
BHPian

I am considering buying the S Cross this month. With the ongoing discounts on the 1.6 variant, I'm quite confused as to go for 1.3 or 1.6
I've read online that the 1.6 has a higher turbo lag compared to 1.3 and considering that about 60% of my driving will be in city conditions(mumbai traffic), is it advisable to go for the 1.6?
This will be my first diesel car and I've always driven petrol cars, so I'm a bit unaware about the turbo lag
Also, how much less mileage will the 1.6 give compared to the 1.3 variant as I've seen people reporting a mileage of 17-18 in traffic for the 1.3 variant.
Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 18:15   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
I am considering buying the S Cross this month. With the ongoing discounts on the 1.6 variant, I'm quite confused as to go for 1.3 or 1.6
I've read online that the 1.6.....
Thanks
I currently drive a Fiesta 1.6, it has the same lag like the Scross and hence it was perfectly okay with me. If your current car, doesn't have a lag then you will notice a difference.

As for mileage in city conditions it would definitely be less say by 2 or 3 as compared to the 1.3. I haven't verified the same, but have a strong feeling as the 1.3 has been tuned by Maruti for a long time now to give you the best mileage.
Old 17th December 2015, 18:31   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I currently drive a Fiesta 1.6, it has the same lag like the Scross and hence it was perfectly okay with me. If your current car, doesn't have a lag then you will notice a difference.

As for mileage in city conditions it would definitely be less say by 2 or 3 as compared to the 1.3. I haven't verified the same, but have a strong feeling as the 1.3 has been tuned by Maruti for a long time now to give you the best mileage.
Thanks! I currently have two Petrol Cars. As I said, Never driven a diesel. I had read that the 1.6 S cross has a higher lag than the 1.3. hence, I was wondering about the driveability of the S-Cross 1.6 in city traffic conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks