Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 18:40   #2596
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
My colleague was quoted 14.40 lakhs OTR for 1.6 alpha. He is willing to go for it if it is offered at 14.2.

do you think 14.2 OTR (which includes the high 14% Road tax) is a good deal for 1.6 alpha? The original OTR is 16.9 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
14.2 is an excellent price, if I were in, I would blindly go for it. Even 14.4 is a terrific price.
Go for it, after thorough PDI check. I paid 13.85 for 1.3 Alpha in Bangalore. For the money offered, I'd have blindly taken the 1.6 without a second thought. That engine is worth every penny for that price (In My Most Honest Opinion).
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 19:37   #2597
BANNED

Quote:
SA is offering at 14.2 if I along with my colleague take the plunge for 1.6 alpha (two Cars to be bought).
Wow! Now that's what you call am irresistible offer for a wonderful car from Suzuki.

If I were you, would have given the cheque for that amount after I do the PDI. Just jump in. You'll realise the difference between Duster and SCross as you crunch miles on that super DDiS320.

Thanks to high price and poor sales of the DDiS320, dad isn't convinced to buy it. Shall show him the discounts. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th December 2015 at 19:59. Reason: Spelling.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 21:30   #2598
BHPian

I was ready to pay 14.5-14.75 L for the 1.6 alpha at the launch. But fate has made me an 1.3 alpha owner. I feel MSIL was killing off the 1.6. Seems like I should have waited for 3-4 months.
However enjoying the 1.3 in the narrow roads at Cochin. 14.2 is a steal price for the 1.6. No one should pick anything else at that price point (My recommendation)
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 22:02   #2599
Senior - BHPian

My ownership thread is now up and running
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171018
ajay_satpute is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 10:13   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
My colleague was quoted 14.40 lakhs OTR for 1.6 alpha. He is willing to go for it if it is offered at 14.2.

Guys, on that note, do you think 14.2 OTR (which includes the high 14% Road tax) is a good deal for 1.6 alpha? The original OTR is 16.9 lakhs.
Considering the road tax in Hyderabad, this is a nearly-unbelievable offer!

You're getting a cheetah for the price of a horse. The point is whether your colleague needs one and can ride one!!
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 18:42   #2601
BHPian

I have been following this thread closely and collecting valuable feedback from fellow BHPians. I agree with most of you that 1.3 Zeta is the most VFM in the entire lineup, and the Delta + (aka Premia) is still not as appealing as the Zeta. An accident reported in the posts, though unfortunate; but it gives us all valuable inputs about this vehicles capabilities. The deeper the inquiry on the safety, we shall be more enlightened. Thankfully everyone is safe!

I have my eyes on the 1.3 Zeta, as it seems a suitable and logical upgrade for my Alto (still not firm though). I have learnt that most of the owners have changed/swapped the JK tyres for Michelin or Pirelli etc... I also read a mention that stock JK's are not that bad and get the job done (except the Road Noise). What are the other alternatives for changes with respect to the manufacturers? Goodyear Assurance, Falken Azenis PT722, Apollo Alnac 4G, Bridgestones? Anyone changed tyres to the makes I mentioned above or anything else? Please provide feedback or suggest.

Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 19:10   #2602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
Goodyear Assurance, Falken Azenis PT722, Apollo Alnac 4G, Bridgestones? Anyone changed tyres to the makes I mentioned above or anything else? Please provide feedback or suggest.

Thanks
I've swapped to Goodyear Assurance and the grip levels and braking have improved. It costed me 1200 per tyre after exchange.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 19:17   #2603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
The deeper the inquiry on the safety, we shall be more enlightened. Thankfully everyone is safe!
Till we test the Indian S Cross we hope that Maruti has kept the structural the same as the International Versions.

Both the Europe and the ASEAN versions had scored 5 in safety ratings(AOP).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Source: ASEAN NCAP

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th December 2015 at 19:20.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 21:25   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Till we test the Indian S Cross we hope that Maruti has kept the structural the same as the International Versions.
Although not the right measure, but giving the weights of UK & Indian versions for 1.6 DDiS.

UK: Kerb Weight - 1305
Gross Vehicle Weight - 1870

India: Kerb Weight - 1250-1275
Gross Vehicle Weight - 1740

There is not much difference in Kerb weight and I believe UK's model comes with slightly more features compared to the Indian version.

On another note, for DDiS 320, mileage is listed as 22.70 for Delta & Zeta models. I think the additional features offered on Alpha variant should not affect the mileage. When I checked with an SA, he was clueless on what could be the reason. Anyone has any inputs on this?
mrbaddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 22:23   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Although not the right measure, but giving the weights of UK & Indian versions for 1.6 DDiS.

UK: Kerb Weight - 1305
Gross Vehicle Weight - 1870

India: Kerb Weight - 1250-1275
Gross Vehicle Weight - 1740
Comparing similar models from Australia gives the almost same weights as India. So looks like no change from the international version
Old 16th December 2015, 23:06   #2606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Thanks to high price and poor sales of the DDiS320, dad isn't convinced to buy it. Shall show him the discounts. Let's see what happens.
No reason to worry for the availability of spares. For the body panels, it is shared with S Cross 1.3 which is selling decently and the engine will come up in the new Vitara (not brezza) and may be Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I was ready to pay 14.5-14.75 L for the 1.6 alpha at the launch. But fate has made me an 1.3 alpha owner. I feel MSIL was killing off the 1.6. Seems like I should have waited for 3-4 months.
However enjoying the 1.3 in the narrow roads at Cochin. 14.2 is a steal price for the 1.6. No one should pick anything else at that price point (My recommendation)
In our city, S-Cross 1.6 alpha is priced at 15.04lacs OTR. But recently my RM called us and informed that we can get flat discount worth 2 lacs if booked in December. So that's 13 lacs for 1.6 alpha which IMO is superb VFM.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 09:33   #2607
BHPian

Small Update:
Recently had first service done for my 1.6 SCross. Next morning surprised to see "Water in Fuel System" warning. Called back Service station and they confirmed it may be due to some moisture and it will vanished soon which it did. No other problem till no. Really enjoying rides of this capable engine and this lovely car. Will be going to Agra this weekend so waiting for my first expressway drive in my SCross. I am getting 14 km/l in Delhi traffics. Please confirm if that is on lower side.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Last edited by chaudharysaab : 17th December 2015 at 09:35.
Old 17th December 2015, 09:49   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
I am getting 14 km/l in Delhi traffics. Please confirm if that is on lower side.
Yamuna Expressway is hell of a road. You will love your car even more there. My parents live in that area so it's quite familiar for me too.
I think for 1.6L around first service 14kmpl in traffic conditions is good. After 1st oil change it improves drastically. You should expect slow but gradual improvements till you hit 10k km. Oil will be changed at 10k km right? If yes, expect around 16kmpl in similar traffic conditions and perhaps aeound 20kmpl on highway keeping at around 100kmph. As it is a bigger engine than the 1.3, I think you should not think much about FE.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:05   #2609
BHPian

suddenly this forum is all about 1.6 engine. How we wish Maruti would have been sensible at launch and not left many hearts broken who moved to 1.3 just and just because of price difference.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:07   #2610
BHPian

WOW! If I were still in the market for the S-Cross, I would have blindly picked this up - the 1.6 Alpha for 14L is just awesome VFM!

Due to certain reasons I had to postpone my purchase to next year and will continue to remain hopeful of similar deals when I look at it around July.

Quote:
Guys, on that note, do you think 14.2 OTR (which includes the high 14% Road tax) is a good deal for 1.6 alpha? The original OTR is 16.9 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
So that's 13 lacs for 1.6 alpha which IMO is superb VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks