Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2015, 15:32   #2536
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Can my fellow 1.6 owners verify the manufacturing date of their SCross? I got mine September made and i am worried if i am the only one got that old?
Don't worry, mine is older than yours 28-07-2015 and I took delivery on 8th Nov.
Old 9th December 2015, 21:53   #2537

Hi,
I have seen and read some reviews of thr S cross saying that the car does not have good grip or handling while taking corners at high speeds. Im planning to buy this car. I have not been able to test this car on the highway. Can you guys let me know if this is true og the car's handling?
maniabraham23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 23:34   #2538
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniabraham23 View Post
Hi,
I have seen and read some reviews of thr S cross saying that the car does not have good grip or handling while taking corners at high speeds.
Please see the posts by members who have bought the car and directly swapped the useless JK Elanzo's for something better.

The Official review too hints there and also Autocar's review too says the same. The handling etc is let down all because of the OEM tyres.

What i'll suggest you is, get the car and change the tyres as soon as you drive out.
Old 10th December 2015, 08:31   #2539

Quote:
Hi,
I have seen and read some reviews of thr S cross saying that the car does not have good grip or handling while taking corners at high speeds. Im planning to buy this car. I have not been able to test this car on the highway. Can you guys let me know if this is true og the car's handling?
Elansos have always been grossly underestimated. They do just fine for city driving and smooth cruising barring the road noise. They aren't grippy as Michelins or the Pirellis but they get the job done. If you are looking for enthusiastic drives then you'd do good making the switch. You might even get better fuel economy as the Michelins have lower rolling resistance
Old 10th December 2015, 08:38   #2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Please see the posts by members who have bought the car and directly swapped the useless JK Elanzo's for something better.

The Official review too hints there and also Autocar's review too says the same. The handling etc is let down all because of the OEM tyres.

What i'll suggest you is, get the car and change the tyres as soon as you drive out.
Thanks Anurag, i did read the posts by the other members. However i wanted to be sure if it was only the issue with the tyres or was there something wrong with the suspension setup.
Point to think about is that is the issue only with the 1.6 version bcoz it develops really high torque and the tires are not able to handle the torque in high way runs. 320nm of torque is even more than what the innova engine develops.
Old 10th December 2015, 10:48   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anurag, i did read the posts by the other members. However i wanted to be sure if it was only the issue with the tyres or was there something wrong with the suspension setup.
Point to think about is that is the issue only with the 1.6 version bcoz it develops really high torque and the tires are not able to handle the torque in high way runs. 320nm of torque is even more than what the innova engine develops.
Let me assure that the handling around corners is just brilliant !!! And yes, you got to swap those miserable tyres with something better. I moved to Michelin Primacy 3STs and ride improved a lot.

Even the 1.3 is a gem of an engine. The lag is much lesser compared to the 1.6 . I am now getting an FE of ~18 kmpl constantly in B2B useless traffic, which is commendable. Problem with the 1.6 is that you dont have enough space to stretch the legs of that monster. You have to take it on highways and most cars, like someone said, only can be seen in your IRVM.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 10th December 2015 at 11:14.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 11:56   #2542
BHPian

I have delayed my purchase of S-Cross for a while. The main reason is lack of an automatic option which I am hopeful might be launched next year at Auto Expo (wishful thinking!). If not in S-Cross and if YBA is launched with auto option, I might just go for that. Basically have convinced myself to wait for a few months more.

Anyway the experience at NEXA Andheri West was horrible and will wait for them to get over the Baleno craze. Also, will only meet the RM a fellow member has recommended. In a way am hopeful YBA is launched in the aam-aadmi Maruti outlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Can my fellow 1.6 owners verify the manufacturing date of their SCross? I got mine September made and i am worried if i am the only one got that old?
Sachin: Don't worry - it's only 2 months from date of manufacture. The last batch of engines were imported in September so mostly you've got a car made from that batch. Hope you've taken extended warranty. If not, surely opt for it and that should be enough to have a hassle-free experience for at least 4 years.
Old 10th December 2015, 13:50   #2543
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki has introduced the Premia, a limited edition of the S-Cross in India. Priced at Rs. 8.99 lakh (ex-showroom), it is based on the Delta trim level of the DDiS 200 version of the crossover and comes with some additional equipment.

The Premia comes with alloy wheels and a pair of fog lamps as well. The car is also equipped with a reverse parking sensor and camera and Garmin navigation system with a 12.7 cm display.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 14:50   #2544
BHPian

The navigation system says 12.7cm screen and then reverse parking camera is with screen.

Two screens or I am just confused?
Old 10th December 2015, 15:02   #2545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
The navigation system says 12.7cm screen and then reverse parking camera is with screen.
It is the same screen toggling between the two.
Old 10th December 2015, 15:39   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Started ICE mods for my hippo
Dream stages
1. Stage I - Components (Morel Maximo 6.5" Components + coaxials)
2. Stage II - Damping and Amp (Focal Auditor R4280) + Noisekill on all doors
3. Stage III - 8 inch subwoofer in a custom 3.5 cu ft fibre enclosure in the boot (yet to decide on the brand)
4. Stage IV - HU upgrade-

Reason for choosing Morels
- Good bass
- Subtle highs
- Not bright
Finished stage I (9k for components and 4.5k for coaxials) - Tweeters went into stock locations.
Bro even I am looking for a speaker upgrade in my Punto 90 HP. I have thought of Morel Maximo components (6.5') at front and co-axials (5.25') for the rear. From where did you source them? Online?

Also, if possible can you please do a small initial review of the speakers
Old 10th December 2015, 17:20   #2547
t0m
BHPian

Is it just me or the FE do increase tremendously after 8000 KMs? Till recently I was getting FE of around 19-20 consistently. Please note that 60% of my drive is on the Noida-G Noida expressway, with the remaining 40% divided between Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad mostly with moderate or heavy traffic.

After 8000 KMs, the FE has climbed up to 23-24 under the same conditions.

I am depending on the FE figures from the car console itself. I usually get my tank full and these figures are at the end of the fuel cycle, so I would assume they average out. I have set the FE to be reset from the console settings.
Old 10th December 2015, 18:25   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Is it just me or the FE do increase tremendously after 8000 KMs? Till recently I was getting FE of around 19-20 consistently. Please note that 60% of my drive is on the Noida-G Noida expressway, with the remaining 40% divided between Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad mostly with moderate or heavy traffic.

After 8000 KMs, the FE has climbed up to 23-24 under the same conditions.

I am depending on the FE figures from the car console itself. I usually get my tank full and these figures are at the end of the fuel cycle, so I would assume they average out. I have set the FE to be reset from the console settings.
Diesel engines love winters.
1. Free Cold air
2. AC is mostly OFF
3. Higher Fuel density
4. Viscosity of engine oil is more consistent

Result : Noticeably Higher FE

Only downside, engine takes longer time to reach its optimum temperature.

Last edited by kpzen : 10th December 2015 at 18:29.
kpzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 19:00   #2549
BHPian

Dear friends, I've taken delivery of S Cross, 1.3 Zeta white from Premiere car world in Kolkata about two weeks back. The experience has been very unpleasant, never felt the premium experience! I will describe in details later.

Can anyone confirm taking Auto IRVM as accessory for their vehicle from Maruti? What was the cost of the product?
Old 10th December 2015, 19:28   #2550
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Can anyone confirm taking Auto IRVM as accessory for their vehicle from Maruti? What was the cost of the product?
IIRC it was 5,990/- It was on display in their accessory rack.

IMO it is costly for just the auto-dimming function.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks