Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 21:28   #1621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post

Thanks, its really becoming Vento DSG vs SCross for me.
I'd go for S-Cross 1.6 Alpha for its uniqueness. Will blend into the crowd but not feel old. The design should age well.

I'll be getting the reliability, trust, peace of mind and all bells & whistles with that hooliganism of the 1.6L engine. Not that the Vento lacks in engine power but the SCross his the heart.
Old 8th September 2015, 21:49   #1622
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't read your earlier posts and hence this question. Did you do a TD of S-Cross 1.3? The reason I am asking this is because a friend of mine did a TD of S-Cross. This is after he did a TD of Vento and Rapid. He seems to be pretty impressed with the power delivery of 1.3. The on-road performance difference may not be much an issue sometimes.
Old 8th September 2015, 21:57   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Which one will have better back seat experience: Vento / SCross / Creta?
I'd say the Vento has an edge over the S-Cross here. Because of the beige interior, it feels a lot more airy (not that the S-Cross is claustrophobic). Legroom is comparable but to fit in a third passenger at the back, the S-Cross has an advantage of a wider seat and a lower floor hump..

Quote:
[*]Which one is more fun to drive? Vento TDI DSG/ Creta / SCross
S-Cross any day. It's as flat as you'd like at higher speeds, with a good visibility, pleasant steering feedback, a slick gearbox and light pedals. Even the turbo kick of the 1.6MJD is super addictive. Even the 1.3L feels brisk; it's just not in the league of the 1.6L.

Quote:
[*]Which one have better Interior? Creta or SCross
I'd say this one is a little subjective. Personally, I'd prefer the Hyundai's design, touch and feel.

Quote:
[*]If Creta is not overpriced, then why is Scross is called overpriced which have more features and better leg room than creta
The S-Cross 1.6L is Rs. 3.5 lakhs more expensive than the 1.3L. That difference is mainly for that engine and nothing else. If I had to choose, I'd opt for a 1.3L, add a tuning box for better performance and still save on Rs. 3 lakhs.

Having said all that, it's not an automatic. So if that is not a concern for you, the S-Cross 1.3L Zeta or Alpha is definitely worth a serious consideration.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 22:05   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Sorry, I didn't read your earlier posts and hence this question. Did you do a TD of S-Cross 1.3? The reason I am asking this is because a friend of mine did a TD of S-Cross. This is after he did a TD of Vento and Rapid. He seems to be pretty impressed with the power delivery of 1.3. The on-road performance difference may not be much an issue sometimes.
Thanks but I think Vento TDI DSG is far superior than 1.3 on heavy SCross any day. Hence I am not considering 1.3 at all after having Ritz DDIS for 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Having said all that, it's not an automatic. So if that is not a concern for you, the S-Cross 1.3L Zeta or Alpha is definitely worth a serious consideration.
Thanks but my main consideration are for Vento DSG and 1.6 which have difference of about 2 lakhs. But then as GTO said, rather than having extra money in my wallet, I would choose car which brings smile on my face each time I drive my car.
I did have TD of both 1.6 and 1.3 (my biggest mistake of doing that same time) and boy, 1.3 seems to be struggling with this heavy car as compare to 1.6. My self belief is that SCross is made for 1.6 only, sorry no offence. Hence I am considering Vento DSG and 1.6 only.

I may be going for 1.6 now although whole life I will have to explain everybody why I paid 16 lakhs for this car.

Also, yesterday I showed my family SCross on road and they were like, why is it so small. I end up showing them on Team BHP site that wheelbase of it is on par with duster and Creta.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th September 2015 at 22:21. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 22:29   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
If I had the moolah I would have gone for the 1.6
1.3 is a sensible compromise, it is a compromise that makes you smile, but you will definitely miss the 1.6 grin on the face.

1.3 does not feel heavy at all. Its is nimble in town. Only when you push it hard you will feel it under-powered when compared to the 1.6. For people like me graduating from a swift/dzire, 1.3 is high on power. For the torque addicts, who are used to the skodas and VWs, 1.6 is required to satisfy the torque thirst. Finally its all about the smile on the face. For me it is the 3L I saved + utility over a 12 L sedan that brings the smile. (Not the grin)
sandygordon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 16:20   #1626
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks but my main consideration are for Vento DSG and 1.6 which have difference of about 2 lakhs. But then as GTO said, rather than having extra money in my wallet, I would choose car which brings smile on my face each time I drive my car.
Go for the 1.6 with your eyes shut. If it has to be an S-Cross, it has to be the DDiS 320.

Accept mediocrity when you pay for a car in the 6 figures. However, when you spend over a million bucks, you want more than just utility. If that wasn't the case, why spend over a million in the first place?

If you're spending over 10 lakhs, don't compromise. Get the S-Cross 1.6 - it'll plant a wide grin on your face every time you floor it.

Even today, whenever I take my 8 year old Civic for a spin, she makes me smile. If she didn't have a sweet engine, that wouldn't be the case. The engine makes the car.

Rip it, enjoy it and share an ownership report with us!

Quote:
I may be going for 1.6 now although whole life I will have to explain everybody why I paid 16 lakhs for this car.
Take them on an open road. Floor it. The questions will stop .
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 17:35   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Rip it, enjoy it and share an ownership report with us!

Sure GTO. I knew I was over-thinking. Definitely going for 1.6 now. Starting gathering Vitamin M now. Thanks
chaudharysaab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 22:51   #1628

My first post in Team-BHP

Received my 1.3 Zeta S-Cross from Bimal Nexa, Bangalore along with the customary ferrero rocher box and bouquet.

Next, went to Sai Iyengar Tyres in Indira Nagar to replace the tyres and alloys
- Tyre replaced with Goodyear assurance (no upsizing). Rs. 6,000 per tyre, Rs 4,250 per tyre for buy back of JK tyre.
- Alloys replaced with Momo Raptor. Rs. 32,500 for 4 alloys, Rs. 12,000 fr buy back of stock alloys
Total cost: Rs. 27,500

Driven the car in the city for close to 20 kms. I have to say I am really pleased with the upgrade from a Ford Figo.

And a special thanks to my RM Mr. Narayan for bearing with me for the past one month.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.frontquarter.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.sai.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.right-back.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-4.alloy.jpg  

kottan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 08:25   #1629
BHPian

Hi all!! Thanks for letting me be a part of this great forum. This is my first post here.

After going through various threads and following each little nugget posted by all the passionate auto lovers here; I zeroed in on the 1.3 Zeta and took delivery in premium silver last Friday. Changed the alloys and the tyres. Added a couple of accessories and Had a long drive from Delhi to Lucknow on Sunday.

Have driven almost 800 km so far and so far it has been really good. Loved the drive and the firm planting of the vehicle. Even on the Taj expressway never found the engine wanting. After having driven a ford 1.6 engine for the past 8 years, I was a bit apprehensive to go for the 1.3 here, but as I write earlier- no regrets so far.

Loved the comfort of the Cruise Control on the Taj Expressway.

Only one grouse so far- the vibration that I feel on my foot through the clutch. Is it Diesel engine clatter or some other issue? Checked it in a couple of other cars at the Nexa and it was there in all. Pls guide regarding that.
cjsarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 09:01   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Auto headlamps and Wipers are not a deal breaker in my opinion. It could be an annoyance to some as well.
Same with automatic rear view mirror.
More or less same with cruise control. A lot of people I speak to never use it. So it's not very practical unless you use the car a lot on highways. It's a useless feature for pure city driving.
Auto headlamps and wipers are infact a feature I'd rather not have. That said, everything else is really useful:
Auto dimming electrochromatic IRVM is way better than your regular manual prismatic mirror
Cruise control is such a boon out on the highway where modulating throttle input for long durations of time especially in more powerful cars, can get really tiresome. Agreed it is not useful in the city, however the feature has never been marketed for use in the city infact one is adviced not to do so and even the cruise control on most cars activates only beyond a certain speed.

Quote:
Few Quick Questions:
  1. Which one will have better back seat experience: Vento / SCross / Creta?
  2. Which one is more fun to drive? Vento TDI DSG/ Creta / SCross
  3. Which one have better Interior? Creta or SCross
  4. If Creta is not overpriced, then why is Scross is called overpriced which have more features and better leg room than creta

I know its apple to orange comparison in Sedan vs crossover vs so called SUV, but I have selected best in business here and comparison is inevitable in my opinion.
* Though sedans typically offer better ride quality, I would still go for the SCross because it has the most airy cabin, and the position of the rear bench makes it easy for one to have a good view out front as well. Makes journeys at the back less boring for sure.
* SCross for me. Vento drives really well too however the somewhat typically loose VAG steering, center console that makes me feel like it is keeping me in place and not the bolsters on the left side of the seat, and not as perfect driving position where the steering wheel always ends up fouling with my leg when I try heel-toe shifting, ruin the experience for me (keep in mind that these are very personal issues I have with the Vento and they may not be applicable to everyone) Creta is out of the question here.
* Depends on whether you like jazzy or simplistic interiors. Some people might get annoyed by the lack of lights for vanity mirrors, coat hooks on the grab handles, missing third headrest and other glaringly obvious absences of basic features in the Creta
* LOL the Indian market has always been that way. They will bash products for no reason sometimes. It is upto you whether or not you want to defy logic That said, both cars and quite frankly most new cars priced more than 10 lakhs, are overpriced by atleast a lakh or two IMO

Last edited by IshaanIan : 10th September 2015 at 09:06.
Old 10th September 2015, 09:42   #1631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
* Depends on whether you like jazzy or simplistic interiors. Some people might get annoyed by the lack of lights for vanity mirrors, coat hooks on the grab handles, missing third headrest and other glaringly obvious absences of basic features in the Creta
* LOL the Indian market has always been that way. They will bash products for no reason sometimes. It is upto you whether or not you want to defy logic That said, both cars and quite frankly most new cars priced more than 10 lakhs, are overpriced by atleast a lakh or two IMO
I would take the S-Cross 1.6 over the Creta, even with so-called boring design, lack of SUV looks, or steep pricing. I personally think that S-Cross is one elegant number from the Suzuki stable; it looks more European than Japanese. But where Creta scores is the way it has packaged its top variant. S-Cross may have loads of comfort features in comparison, but Creta made itself premium with full-on safety features.

It's even more irritating when I see the S-Cross here with features as below

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-untitled.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 11:29   #1632
BHPian

Congrats kottan. With every buyer wanting to change the alloys and tyres and losing money in the process, Maruti should think of selling the car without wheels and charge extra for those who want the standard alloys and tyres. I am sure Maruti would be left with a factory load of alloys and tyres . The designers are totally (to put it mildly) crazy .
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:03   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kottan View Post

Received my 1.3 Zeta S-Cross from Bimal Nexa, Bangalore along with the customary ferrero rocher box and bouquet.
Congrats! This colour suits SCross very well, IMO.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:29   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa (Bimal) offers the following alloys(Neo) at 32K ( set of 4) and will take the OEM alloys @14K.

They also provide Tyres of your choice ( Yokohama/Michelin,etc ) in 205/215/205 sizes (eg. 225/55 R60).

They confirm Warranty is not void if the Rim size is not upgraded.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150910wa0000.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150910wa0001.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150910wa0002.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150910wa0004.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150910wa0003.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th September 2015 at 12:33.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:43   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nexa (Bimal) offers the following alloys(Neo) at 32K ( set of 4) and will take the OEM alloys @14K.

They also provide Tyres of your choice ( Yokohama/Michelin,etc ) in 205/215/205 sizes (eg. 225/55 R60).

They confirm Warranty is not void if the Rim size is not upgraded.
What a fantastic way Maruti has found, to give dealers a business opportunity. Make the stock alloy wheel so boring and look worse than steel rims + wheel caps!

Alloys are a frequently sold accessory, so customers will happily order from the dealer (less hassle) since it is a recognised after-market brand and Maruti confirms no loss of warranty.

Way to go, Bimal!
KiloAlpha is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks