Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 15:24   #1471
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

The honda dealer over here in Hyderabad didn't let me do a PDI check & my delivery is due tomorrow. He gave me a chance to just see the vehicle in flesh in the stockyard. Also my ride is coming with GoodYear tyres where as saw other Jazz vehicles which have MRF & Bridgestone. I asked for a vehicle with Bridgestone or swap tyres of my ride to Bridgestone as I heard GoodYear are not that good. Can someone throw some light on this & how should I be approaching the dealer now.
Old 28th April 2016, 16:59   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
The honda dealer over here in Hyderabad didn't let me do a PDI check & my delivery is due tomorrow. He gave me a chance to just see the vehicle in flesh in the stockyard. Also my ride is coming with GoodYear tyres where as saw other Jazz vehicles which have MRF & Bridgestone. I asked for a vehicle with Bridgestone or swap tyres of my ride to Bridgestone as I heard GoodYear are not that good. Can someone throw some light on this & how should I be approaching the dealer now.
I have the Goodyear Assurance shod on my Jazz and can assure you that they are pretty good. They provide good comfort, have almost negligible tire noise even at speeds of as high as 100, pretty durable too (do not have a very soft side wall like the Michelin XM1s) and good grip (the baby is just 90 days old so, haven't got a chance to drive her in the wet so far!)

Honda has stopped equipping their vehicles with the much infamous and crappy Goodyear GT3s (the ones I think you got confused with) so, you are in safe hands. Personally, I'd rate these over the Bridgestones and would not even bother comparing these with the MRFs.

I researched a lot on the Assurance series (on the threads we have here) in addition to getting earnest feedback from senior members who are tire dealers. So, rest assured about your ride's shoes and enjoy her to the hilt when you land your hands on her.

As for the PDI, you might want to drop an email to Honda (or maybe call them) asking about what is going on. Dealers from around the country and brands allow this so, I can't think of one reason why this certain dealer would not allow a PDI. If you have Honda's support and are in no rush, maybe get the booking transferred to another dealer so that you do not lose out on cancellation charges.

P.S.: You should have clarified the PDI bit before handing over the booking amount to the dealer. Maybe something for all of us to be cognizant about.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 28th April 2016 at 17:10.
MetalBuff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 17:23   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Just make sure to check out all the basic stuff about your car before you drive out of the showroom. Since you're taking delivery tomorrow, it's a bit late for PDI.

About the tyres: are they GoodYear Assurance or GT3? The review for assurance is fine.

Also, guys, any word on the paid servicing cost of the Petrol version? Just looking for some ballpark figures as another friend is considering buying the Jazz.
Old 28th April 2016, 17:32   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post

Also, guys, any word on the paid servicing cost of the Petrol version? Just looking for some ballpark figures as another friend is considering buying the Jazz.
The third free servicing cost us 2700. I had enquired about the next paid service costs. They said that I can expect a premium of 1500-2500 over the 3rd one for the next ones ie. 4200-5200. The service interval is half yearly. So approx 10k per year.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 17:42   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
The third free servicing cost us 2700. I had enquired about the next paid service costs. They said that I can expect a premium of 1500-2500 over the 3rd one for the next ones ie. 4200-5200. The service interval is half yearly. So approx 10k per year.
Thank you. That's pretty steep! 10k per year is more than vw then!
Old 28th April 2016, 17:51   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. That's pretty steep! 10k per year is more than vw then!
The website link given below gives an indicative cost breakup of each service till 54 months. As per this, the costs are much less than what I was told by the service guy. Hope this holds good

https://www.cardekho.com/honda-jazz/service-cost.htm
TD_GHY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 17:56   #1477
BHPian

How seriously does one need to take this 6 monthly servicing period? I last got my car serviced in Jan end. Going by this 6 monthly schedule I am required to take it back sometime in July. So far I have covered around 900 km. If I don't go for an out of city trip by then the odometer should read around 1,800-2,000 kms by July end. Spending some INR 10,000 every year does seem excessive to me, especially considering that I can expect some concerns like rattles being denied straight forward by the technicians. The workshop can claim they did x, y and z and charge me accordingly. But how can I be sure whether x, y and z was indeed needed. Whether they actually do it or not is also a moot question in my opinion.

My dad gets his diesel Etios serviced just once a year. Though it is run even more sparingly I am now seriously considering doing the same for the Jazz after reading TD_GHY's post. Now some might say the warranty might be affected. Well, the dealership might have some nerve if they try and do so especially after selling me, what I honestly feel is, an overpriced car given the QC issues and an extended warranty.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 18:02   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
How seriously does one need to take this 6 monthly servicing period? I last got my car serviced in Jan end. Going by this 6 monthly schedule I am required to take it back sometime in July. So far I have covered around 900 km. If I don't go for an out of city trip by then the odometer should read around 1,800-2,000 kms by July end. Spending some INR 10,000 every year does seem excessive to me, especially considering that I can expect some concerns like rattles being denied straight forward by the technicians. The workshop can claim they did x, y and z and charge me accordingly. But how can I be sure whether x, y and z was indeed needed. Whether they actually do it or not is also a moot question in my opinion.
Stick to the company recommended schedules, I have heard that dealers have refused part changes even under warranty just because the servicing schedules were not obeyed. I had a Honda Brio 2 years back and the Blore service guys told me once that Honda as a brand is kinda finicky about not following servicing timelines.

The point is WHY TAKE CHANCES ?

Thanks
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 09:06   #1479

Hello all,

I got my Honda Jazz on Oct 22, 2015. I have been enjoying the car and drove around 4.5k kms.

Yesterday while parking my car, by mistake I hit a small cement block (3 inch max). Suddenly my front right tyre went flat in seconds.

I checked and tyre has been cut badly and is beyond repair. It's Goodyear one.

I am shocked at quality of tyre.

Can Honda or Goodyear help me replace it?

Thanks.
Old 29th April 2016, 11:53   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
Hello all,

I got my Honda Jazz on Oct 22, 2015. I have been enjoying the car and drove around 4.5k kms.

Yesterday while parking my car, by mistake I hit a small cement block (3 inch max). Suddenly my front right tyre went flat in seconds.

I checked and tyre has been cut badly and is beyond repair. It's Goodyear one.

I am shocked at quality of tyre.

Can Honda or Goodyear help me replace it?

Thanks.
Do not be shocked. The tyre side walls can not handle sharp edges, corners and they can cut through very easily. It is us who have to be careful.

The tyre will not be replaced under warranty as it is a physical damage.

P.S. I lost two new Michelin XM2 in a span of three months!
Old 29th April 2016, 15:13   #1481

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Do not be shocked. The tyre side walls can not handle sharp edges, corners and they can cut through very easily. It is us who have to be careful.

The tyre will not be replaced under warranty as it is a physical damage.

P.S. I lost two new Michelin XM2 in a span of three months!

Thanks for the reply. Which tyre do you recommend?
Old 29th April 2016, 15:45   #1482
BHPian

Had a bit of off-roading experience in my new Jazz today.
Was pretty good actually! Didn't bottom out anywhere, handled the uneven terrains like a champ. I'm thoroughly surprised that with it's ground clearance and overall setup it managed to go through just fine.

Bottomline: Can work fine on village roads just fine.
Old 29th April 2016, 16:54   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
Thanks for the reply. Which tyre do you recommend?
If you are tight on budget go with Yoko earths which are specially for Indian conditions and have a good life too. If budget is not a constraint I would recommend Continental MC5(Max Contact) on 195 spec. They are BRILLIANT and have a great hold on the tarmac. I have them on my CRV here on a 215 spec. Superb indeed.

Cheers..
Old 29th April 2016, 17:14   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
If you are tight on budget go with Yoko earths which are specially for Indian conditions and have a good life too. If budget is not a constraint I would recommend Continental MC5(Max Contact) on 195 spec. They are BRILLIANT and have a great hold on the tarmac. I have them on my CRV here on a 215 spec. Superb indeed.

Cheers..
Won't 195 reduce the fuel economy by some bit? Stocks come in 175 and 195 is quite a size up.
Old 30th April 2016, 01:46   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Won't 195 reduce the fuel economy by some bit? Stocks come in 175 and 195 is quite a size up.

You won't observe much of a diff but stability and road grip would increase manifold. Not to miss cornering a and the braking ability👍.

Do remember that jazz is a large car and braking isn't as good as the best is the completion ( fords and vws) so an upgrade to me is a must. But what you do risk is voiding warranty for the suspensions which don't go faulty unless you really abuse the car a lot.

Lastly the 195s would take the visual bulge of jazz more modestly than a 175 IMO. They would looker much better.

Cheers..
Shiv_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed