Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 15:19   #961
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I have been negotiating with couple of dealers but looks like even during the year end no offers are being doled out. I am looking for a V CVT but max I am getting is mud flaps and mats. One is offering seat cover but not sure of quality. Anyone else who have got something in the market
Have been ringing Honda dealerships since morning and the the only thing being offered is "early" (wait for it) delivery! And by that, they mean November end!

You definitely are better placed as the above is the only deal one can extract here in Mumbai .

If I were you and could not wait any longer, I would lap the car up from the second dealership that's offering the seat covers too. As long as they are the official Honda seat covers, you have little to worry about. A lot of people do opt for OEM seat covers as, they trust the manufacturer to come up with the best fitting ones (true to some extent) and cost more or less equivalent to ones that can be found in the aftermarket. I am talking only about the decent quality art leather ones.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 4th November 2015 at 15:27.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:01   #962

I cancelled my V CVT jazz as the delivery period was too long and bought a ciaz VXI auto . I had bought armrest for the jazz from aliexpress and am selling it in the classifieds section at cost. If any one is interested please contact me through that section
Old 4th November 2015, 16:19   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
I cancelled my V CVT jazz as the delivery period was too long and bought a ciaz VXI auto . I had bought armrest for the jazz from aliexpress and am selling it in the classifieds section at cost. If any one is interested please contact me through that section

Looks like I was lucky, our dealer in pune managed to get an out of stock color for us in 15 days! For the same V CVT color in the Golden Brown Shade.
Congratulations on the Ciaz!
Old 4th November 2015, 19:22   #964
BHPian

Hello people,
Was on the lookout for an Automatic hatchback,wanted to buy the polo gt tsi,but the jazz was much more spacious and I fell for it.I bought the SCVT model.Only thing I dont like is the lazy CVT box.
I changed the tyres to 195/60R15 and installed momos revenge.
More pictures on following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post3841337
Old 4th November 2015, 22:51   #965
BHPian

Honda Jazz gets a 5 star Euro NCAP rating. Now that's what you call 'safety'.

Source:
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ings-16929.htm

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...uro-ncap-tests
vijjuvk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 23:23   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Honda Jazz gets a 5 star Euro NCAP rating. Now that's what you call 'safety'.
Rajeevraj has put up a thread for this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ash-tests.html
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 23:30   #967
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I too saw this piece of news today.

From UK Honda site, the lowest variant of Jazz weighs 1066 kgs.
From Honda India site, the lowest variant with ABS and airbags (SV) weighs 1042 kgs.

The UK version comes with 6 airbags, has a slightly bigger engine (1.3L vs 1.2L) and is 40 mm longer.So, looks like Honda has not compromised on the structural components of the car. This is just an educated guess which is the best we can do in the absence of crash tests for Indian cars.

On another note, I was expecting Honda to start giving some discounts on the Jazz after launch of Baleno.
I guess they are not interested in generating humongous volumes for the Jazz. Of all the Honda cars sold in India, Jazz has the least margins IMO. And Honda is anyway hitting the 20000 per month production capacity.
Plus with the BR-V launch, they will be hitting capacity constraints pretty soon. And I am sure the Brio-based BR-V will have huge fat margins for Honda.

Last edited by adimicra : 4th November 2015 at 23:44.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 13:56   #968

Friends,

I brought home my Golden brown Jazz V (MT) yesterday afternoon, and it was a great feeling driving home from the showroom, as it turned many heads (the golden brown looks wow in sunlight!!!). The Honda showroom guys especially my SA was very co-operative with the delivery process (and making the occasion special with cake cutting and customary photo), and even gave me complementary HONDA floor mats (which came as a complete surprise!!!). I have to say I am blown away with the ease of driving this Honda (having driven my wife's ZEN Estillo thus far). The clutch is so light. I engine is super silent, and is a gem. I took my parents along for the delivery, and they were mighty pleased with the space and the "bells and whistles" which the car offers, however by the end of the day, my dad did say that he wished Honda had given adjustable head rests for the rear seats (which i agree), for a car this premium.

I think the rear camera is also quite good in both day and night conditions (tried it in pitch dark areas). The music system is very good, and the bluetooth telephony works immaculately. I just felt everything is very well put together and placed ergonomically in the "V".

I am getting the PPF done from 3M for the "usual suspects" areas of the car today. I look forward to share my experience with the Jazz with all members in times ahead.
ShanJazz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 16:25   #969

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Have been ringing Honda dealerships since morning and the the only thing being offered is "early" (wait for it) delivery! And by that, they mean November end!

We went to a Honda showroom at Bangalore last month for the Jazz. They said they would not be able to offer anything as it’s a new car.

"No discounts or free accessories sir, not even an air freshener’’ was what we were told.

Old 5th November 2015, 21:53   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
I took my parents along for the delivery, and they were mighty pleased with the space and the "bells and whistles" which the car offers, however by the end of the day, my dad did say that he wished Honda had given adjustable head rests for the rear seats (which i agree), for a car this premium.
Can't agree more. The only 2 things I would have expected from V variant is head rest and 60:40 split for the rear seat.

Forget beige interiors, lack of magic seats, plastic cap to cover push start/stop button and dummy switch.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 09:11   #971
BHPian

Booked a Tafetta white S MT petrol variant. I have been promised end of this month delivery. I have negotiated to buy insurance from outside and to provide basic accessories without any additional cost.
Old 9th November 2015, 23:00   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Booked a Tafetta white S MT petrol variant. I have been promised end of this month delivery. I have negotiated to buy insurance from outside and to provide basic accessories without any additional cost.
Hey Buddy, don't understand the reason for you to ditch abs/airbags by opting for S MT Petrol variant. You can look at Baleno which provides these safety features on a variant to variant comparison or get your hands on SV MT Petrol. Its just a suggestion from my end, not questioning your reasons to book one.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:46   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hey Buddy, don't understand the reason for you to ditch abs/airbags by opting for S MT Petrol variant.
Oh, you don't know how much I fought for it My dad is little conservative and it's really hard to convince him. I gave up after very long discussions I had. My argument was already weakened as I took delivery of i20 elite couple of months back
Old 10th November 2015, 08:52   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hey Buddy, don't understand the reason for you to ditch abs/airbags by opting for S MT Petrol variant. You can look at Baleno which provides these safety features on a variant to variant comparison or get your hands on SV MT Petrol. Its just a suggestion from my end, not questioning your reasons to book one.
+1 to the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Mudhasir,

I am sure you evaluated a lot of parameters before deciding to book the Jazz. As put forward by our friend k.sumit, the Baleno makes a lot more sense simply for the more car you get for the same(or lesser) money. Throw in the critical safety features like ABS + EBD and you have a better car than the Jazz.

If your need for a car isn't urgent, may I suggest holding on for a bit till December end/ January beginning when some discounts will definitely be doled out which instead will enable you to get the SV (which is equipped with safety features).

Unless you reside at a place where there is a dearth of NEXA outlets, please ignore these suggestions as, it may/ may not be possible to periodically travel for paperwork and delivery related chores.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 10:01   #975
BHPian

Hello to all. Given the fact that the current Jazz doesn't have auto/speed locking doors I have noticed a pecularity in my car on two occasions.

In both the instances I had unlocked my car using the remote however I got busy with something. The doors got automatically locked after around 10 seconds or so. I don't remember the exact time though cause I never actually timed the entire episode. The very first time this had happened I thought I had accidently pressed the 'lock' button on the remote. However yesterday when it happened again I am 100% sure that I didnt.

Is this some feature that is present in the current Jazz or any of the previous generations? If it isn't has anybody noticed the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks